Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: 54 handicap !

Journeyman Pro

Re: 54 handicap !

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    You know full well that if statements are made that people don't like they are going to post and say so - that's what a forum does! Why make statements in the first place that are likely to offend?
    So what statement have I made that was offensive ? FD knew my women playing post wasn't serious, though may be a tad boring but she still seen through it. Tell me, what post have I made that is genuinely offensive and I know it's subjective. I also know the mods on here are very vigilant.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    So what statement have I made that was offensive ? FD knew my women playing post wasn't serious, though may be a tad boring but she still seen through it. Tell me, what post have I made that is genuinely offensive and I know it's subjective. I also know the mods on here are very vigilant.
    its not that your view is offensive. they are hiding behind that word. your view is different to theirs and they dont like it.

This topic is well on form with some of the classics of this forum IMO.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17°)
    • Benross HTX 3 hybrid (20°)
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Optix
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.4

Blackballed

What you'll find with the GM forum is that a certain number of posters will band together and not only support each others views to the hilt, but also rather than just challenge what is being posted also openly attack the poster.
    quite often with absolute impunity

Quote Originally Posted by hovis View Post
    its not that your view is offensive. they are hiding behind that word. your view is different to theirs and they dont like it.
    Just not true, there are loads on here whose views I don’t agree with. Socket rocket maybe, I don’t agree with some of what he’s says but respect his opinion.
    Why is it only those that have ‘strong’ mainly (c)onservative opinion, who deliver them in a robust style that hide behind the above, IMO it justifies any view point no matter how extreme as those that oppose are ‘professionally’ offended.
    I would argue it’s posted for a reaction and gets one aka trolling IMO.

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by paddyk View Post
    What you'll find with the GM forum is that a certain number of posters will band together and not only support each others views to the hilt, but also rather than just challenge what is being posted also openly attack the poster.
    I did mention cyber bullying earlier in this topic funnily enough...though they're gonna need to bring their dinner with them for me.

Tour Winner

What is it about threads on this Forum that relate to numbers in the '50s'......!! 😉😀😀

Personally I just about tolerate playing golf with those who don't have a single figure handicap. Going on Forum meets is a form of torture for me - never know which bunch of choppers I'm going to be put with!! 😣😣😉😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by paddyk View Post
    That's not really fair. It usually starts off with people posting a rebuttal of a post, then the OP states his belief in what he wrote and his right to say what he wants. The more moderate thinkers post their opposition to the OP and then everyone gets accused of playing the poster not the post.

standard fare !
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

Quote Originally Posted by hovis View Post
    Cabby's view seems to be based on the fact that every golfer is fit and able. I have questioned him several times on this thread and he hasn't answered. Would he still insist on a max handicap if he had a son/daughter who wanted to play but had a physical disability that prevented them from playing to a handicap of 28 or less? Somehow I doubt it, I'm pretty sure he would then be in favour of 54 handicaps but in his world everyone is perfect and capable.

Quote Originally Posted by PieMan View Post
    What is it about threads on this Forum that relate to numbers in the '50s'......!! 😉😀😀

Personally I just about tolerate playing golf with those who don't have a single figure handicap. Going on Forum meets is a form of torture for me - never know which bunch of choppers I'm going to be put with!! 😣😣😉😂😂
    What about those off single figs that are still choppers? .....you’ve hurt my feelings !!!! <<<<<<look I’m joking !