Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 322

Thread: 54 handicap !

  1. #261
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,777

    Re: 54 handicap !

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    You know full well that if statements are made that people don't like they are going to post and say so - that's what a forum does! Why make statements in the first place that are likely to offend?
    So what statement have I made that was offensive ? FD knew my women playing post wasn't serious, though may be a tad boring but she still seen through it. Tell me, what post have I made that is genuinely offensive and I know it's subjective. I also know the mods on here are very vigilant.

  2. #262
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,596

    Re: 54 handicap !

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    So what statement have I made that was offensive ? FD knew my women playing post wasn't serious, though may be a tad boring but she still seen through it. Tell me, what post have I made that is genuinely offensive and I know it's subjective. I also know the mods on here are very vigilant.
    its not that your view is offensive. they are hiding behind that word. your view is different to theirs and they dont like it.

  3. #263
    Journeyman Pro Orikoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    2,361

    Re: 54 handicap !

    This topic is well on form with some of the classics of this forum IMO.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17°)
    • Benross HTX 3 hybrid (20°)
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Optix
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.4

  4. #264
    Blackballed
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,071

    Re: 54 handicap !

    What you'll find with the GM forum is that a certain number of posters will band together and not only support each others views to the hilt, but also rather than just challenge what is being posted also openly attack the poster.
    quite often with absolute impunity

  5. #265
    Money List Winner therod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    5,385

    Re: 54 handicap !

    Quote Originally Posted by hovis View Post
    its not that your view is offensive. they are hiding behind that word. your view is different to theirs and they dont like it.
    Just not true, there are loads on here whose views I don’t agree with. Socket rocket maybe, I don’t agree with some of what he’s says but respect his opinion.
    Why is it only those that have ‘strong’ mainly (c)onservative opinion, who deliver them in a robust style that hide behind the above, IMO it justifies any view point no matter how extreme as those that oppose are ‘professionally’ offended.
    I would argue it’s posted for a reaction and gets one aka trolling IMO.

  6. #266
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,777

    Re: 54 handicap !

    Quote Originally Posted by paddyk View Post
    What you'll find with the GM forum is that a certain number of posters will band together and not only support each others views to the hilt, but also rather than just challenge what is being posted also openly attack the poster.
    quite often with absolute impunity
    I did mention cyber bullying earlier in this topic funnily enough...though they're gonna need to bring their dinner with them for me.

  7. #267
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bushey, Hertfordshire
    Posts
    2,698

    Re: 54 handicap !

    What is it about threads on this Forum that relate to numbers in the '50s'......!! 😉😀😀

    Personally I just about tolerate playing golf with those who don't have a single figure handicap. Going on Forum meets is a form of torture for me - never know which bunch of choppers I'm going to be put with!! 😣😣😉😂😂

  8. #268
    Major Champion chrisd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    19,303

    Re: 54 handicap !

    Quote Originally Posted by paddyk View Post
    What you'll find with the GM forum is that a certain number of posters will band together and not only support each others views to the hilt, but also rather than just challenge what is being posted also openly attack the poster.
    quite often with absolute impunity
    That's not really fair. It usually starts off with people posting a rebuttal of a post, then the OP states his belief in what he wrote and his right to say what he wants. The more moderate thinkers post their opposition to the OP and then everyone gets accused of playing the poster not the post.

    standard fare !
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

    Handicap 12.0

  9. #269
    Ryder Cup Winner drive4show's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Poole, Dorset
    Posts
    11,045

    Re: 54 handicap !

    Quote Originally Posted by hovis View Post
    its not that your view is offensive. they are hiding behind that word. your view is different to theirs and they dont like it.
    Cabby's view seems to be based on the fact that every golfer is fit and able. I have questioned him several times on this thread and he hasn't answered. Would he still insist on a max handicap if he had a son/daughter who wanted to play but had a physical disability that prevented them from playing to a handicap of 28 or less? Somehow I doubt it, I'm pretty sure he would then be in favour of 54 handicaps but in his world everyone is perfect and capable.

  10. #270
    Money List Winner therod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    5,385

    Re: 54 handicap !

    Quote Originally Posted by PieMan View Post
    What is it about threads on this Forum that relate to numbers in the '50s'......!! 😉😀😀

    Personally I just about tolerate playing golf with those who don't have a single figure handicap. Going on Forum meets is a form of torture for me - never know which bunch of choppers I'm going to be put with!! 😣😣😉😂😂
    What about those off single figs that are still choppers? .....you’ve hurt my feelings !!!! <<<<<<look I’m joking !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

BMW PGA Championship 2018 Tee Times: Round Two

The McIlroy, Noren and Westwood group are out at 8am on Friday

May 24, 2018

Is This The Worst Golf Swing Of All Time?

This is definitely not how you're supposed to play golf...

May 24, 2018

WATCH: Man Gets Smashed In Face With Plastic Golf Club

When trick shots go wrong...

May 24, 2018

Rory McIlroy What’s In The Bag?

Here we take a look at the clubs Rory McIlroy is using this week at Wentworth

May 23, 2018

BMW PGA Championship Golf Betting Tips

The European Tour is back at Wentworth for its flagship event. Who will the BMW PGA Championship?

May 23, 2018