Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 54 handicap !

Journeyman Pro

Re: 54 handicap !

Quote Originally Posted by jim8flog View Post
    That could get you up before the committee where I play as I am sure it would at quite few clubs. Practicing on the course is frowned upon normally.
    Ours to you can hit two drives ( not on par threes) but only one shot to the green.
    we have good practice grounds so no practice on the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Reemul View Post
    My MiL plays and is dreadful, she is off 36 but could probably be off 136 and still lose. She has had plenty of lessons, didn't actually take it up until she was 65 and is not very sporty at all. She is going for more lessons next week with a different pro.

My son who is 11 played with her last week (He plays off 33 and beat her easily) and even he said how bad she was, said she stabs at the ball and also said her next pro needs to be a miracle worker

She plays in all the comps with her lady friends and normally comes last but has come second once thing is she still loves playing.
    This made me laugh. An eleven year old having a pop at Grannie. LOL
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy or some other one that wrecks my score.
    Balls - Nike PD Soft. Until I've lost them all.

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hovis View Post
    i can see your point but unlike most sports golf is a very social game so there is more appeal than a good score. i would play golf if i was crap but i wouldn't play tennis if i was.

Well that's great if you enjoy it, but if I was thrashing all over the place, it wouldn't matter to me how social it was, I wouldn't be enjoying it, and if I'm not enjoying it, then it's no fun, and when the fun stops, stop, as they say.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    Well that's great if you enjoy it, but if I was thrashing all over the place, it wouldn't matter to me how social it was, I wouldn't be enjoying it, and if I'm not enjoying it, then it's no fun, and when the fun stops, stop, as they say.
    yeh, i can understand that. i remember the days of shooting 120 and wanting to die. alot of people however just like being out of the house. its also great exercise for the older boys. i personally struggle to understand how someone can enjoy being so crap but playing with all the people i do i see that some people get enjoyment in a different way than i do

its not about banning them from the course is it?

its about someone who needs a 54 handicap playing comps.

they need help, not a scorecard.

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hovis View Post
    yeh, i can understand that. i remember the days of shooting 120 and wanting to die. alot of people however just like being out of the house. its also great exercise for the older boys. i personally struggle to understand how someone can enjoy being so crap but playing with all the people i do i see that some people get enjoyment in a different way than i do
    I may get to that stage, possibly when or if I lose my competitive instinct, then maybe, but for now, if it were me, I just wouldn't, I would then possibly take up a past time that isn't such a challenge.

I would then possibly take up a past time that isn't such a challenge.
    Like being a professional knob.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    a bit harsh

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Is that it? Is that best you've got ?

I may get to that stage, possibly when or if I lose my competitive instinct, then maybe, but for now, if it were me, I just wouldn't, I would then possibly take up a past time that isn't such a challenge.
    The problem, as I see it, is that you are judging everyone else by your own viewpoint and stating on a forum that is for golfers of all standards what THEY should do, like or want from the game. An old mate of mine recently took the game up at 71 years old, couldn't score under 120 but loves playing after having played football and then tennis for many years. Yes, he'd like to improve and no doubt will but I doubt he'll ever play near his current 28 handicap but the sensible people on here would think he has every right to be on the course and on a handicap that reflects his ability but gives him a chance of being competitive.

It would just be better if you didnt act like a golf snob!
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0