Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 54 handicap !

Journeyman Pro

Re: 54 handicap !

Quote Originally Posted by rosecott View Post

PS

I have played to 14 in recent memory so didn't get shots on par 3s.
    You would have got shots at 3 out of 4 of the par threes where I play. (SIs based upon difficulty)
    Handicap 9 (was 6, now showing my age)An absolute miss mash of clubs

Quote Originally Posted by therod View Post
    Some may not feel that way, do you legislate against that or do you encourage them to improve.
    Some may say that giving them a 54 handicap would do the opposite.
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    eh ? You telling me playing off of 54 would be fun ?
    If it isn't for you that's fine, take up some other sport. But there are plenty of less gifted people who would enjoy it and as long as they are good company and keep up with the pace of play then they are very welcome in my opinion. You are also assuming everyone is able bodied, what about disabled people who can't get below a certain level, are you suggesting they shouldn't take up golf?

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by garyinderry View Post
    And so do I. When I get a chance to play 9 holes or so by myself you wouldn't believe how many shots I hit over and over again. I can easily spend 3 hours playing 9 holes by myself if I get the course to myself on a summers evening. Multiple drives and approaches then a pile of chipping around every green.
    That could get you up before the committee where I play as I am sure it would at quite few clubs. Practicing on the course is frowned upon normally.

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    If it isn't for you that's fine, take up some other sport. But there are plenty of less gifted people who would enjoy it and as long as they are good company and keep up with the pace of play then they are very welcome in my opinion. You are also assuming everyone is able bodied, what about disabled people who can't get below a certain level, are you suggesting they shouldn't take up golf?

Exactly, at sport that I'm rubbish at, isn't for me, if it's for others, well woopdeedoo for them, but for me, no thanks. I don't play tennis, cause I'm crap at it, I don't play snooker, cause I'm crap at it, if folk enjoy knocking it round in 120, then bully for them, me I just don't get it, is that ok ? Am I ok to have that opinion ? or am I just trolling

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jim8flog View Post
    You would have got shots at 3 out of 4 of the par threes where I play. (SIs based upon difficulty)
    My club is like this also fourth is si 6/ fourteen is si 7.
    four is very difficult 205 yds on a side slope ,and if giving a shot you usually lose the hole as itís an easy four but a very tough three as all the trouble is around the green.

Exactly, at sport that I'm rubbish at, isn't for me, if it's for others, well woopdeedoo for them, but for me, no thanks. I don't play tennis, cause I'm crap at it, I don't play snooker, cause I'm crap at it, if folk enjoy knocking it round in 120, then bully for them, me I just don't get it, is that ok ? Am I ok to have that opinion ? or am I just trolling
    Nah, your just a knob.

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Nah, your just a knob.
    Haha, cheers, I've been called worse.

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by paddyk View Post
    The golfers who'll get these Cat 5 and 6 handicaps are already on your courses playing golf, just stuck on 28 at the moment. .
    Exactly the point I have been making to the 'complainers' within our club.

Tour Winner

i can see your point but unlike most sports golf is a very social game so there is more appeal than a good score. i would play golf if i was crap but i wouldn't play tennis if i was.