Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11

    Re: Catch a Predator

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunkermagnet View Post
    Whilst I have no time for peado's, piano wire would be too kind, I do have concerns about this sort of entrapment by vigilanty groups.
    All things like this should be carried out by the police and associated parties, otherwise where do you draw the line?
    Agree with this. Reporting via facebook live is so dodgy too.
    If they want to gather the evidence and pass on im fine with that. I don't think they should be approaching them under any circumstances.
    H'cap 10

  2. #12
    Major Champion Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    15,498

    Re: Catch a Predator

    Quote Originally Posted by jimjoachim View Post
    Agree with this. Reporting via facebook live is so dodgy too.
    If they want to gather the evidence and pass on im fine with that. I don't think they should be approaching them under any circumstances.
    They usually catch and trap them whilst filming them and simultaneously call the police but with a slight delay and then film the police taking them away once providing them with all the evidence, done deal, busted.

  3. #13
    Blackballed
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,738

    Re: Catch a Predator

    Quote Originally Posted by jimjoachim View Post
    With it being an active case Id never name the person. The group itself that caught him also reported it in a public forum.

    Ye I get that, I was just referring to my own post last week, note, a convicted sexual abuser.

  4. #14
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    1,649

    Re: Catch a Predator

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunkermagnet View Post
    Whilst I have no time for peado's, piano wire would be too kind, I do have concerns about this sort of entrapment by vigilanty groups.
    All things like this should be carried out by the police and associated parties, otherwise where do you draw the line?
    I was going to post somethig similar. I'm not a fan of the vigilanty action, but the people that get busted deserve to be busted so I end up feeling a bit confused by the situation.
    Handicap: 12

  5. #15
    Journeyman Pro srixon 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    2,209

    Re: Catch a Predator

    Quote Originally Posted by drewster View Post
    Scares the living bejesus out of me with a nearly 7 and a 5 year old ! Who knows what kind of world they're going to grow up in !
    They have been among us for ever. It is just reported more now. Remember when you were a kid, and there was always some weirdo that you were told to keep away from that lived at Number ?? 2 streets away.

  6. #16
    Journeyman Pro Bunkermagnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    1,762

    Re: Catch a Predator

    Quote Originally Posted by srixon 1 View Post
    They have been among us for ever. It is just reported more now. Remember when you were a kid, and there was always some weirdo that you were told to keep away from that lived at Number ?? 2 streets away.

    Agreed.
    Social media has made it easier to find and know about these people, but also made it easier for them to feed their sick perversion.
    Forever trying.

  7. #17
    Major Champion Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    15,498

    Re: Catch a Predator

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunkermagnet View Post
    Agreed.
    Social media has made it easier to find and know about these people, but also made it easier for them to feed their sick perversion.
    But on the spin of that, social media has made it easier for young people to become more aware of the dangers of these creatures, whereas before, it was just the word of your parents, who you didn't listen to much, well I didn't!

    Social media can reach out to the quieter vulnerable children hopefully and educate them of these dangers if they're not in friendly circles, if you know what I mean.

  8. #18
    Global Moderator PhilTheFragger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Amersham Bucks
    Posts
    10,036

    Re: Catch a Predator

    Thread moved to oob as not really Golf related
    Driver Callaway Rogue
    5 Wood Callaway XR A Flex
    7 Wood. Callaway Big Bertha
    Hybrid 2 Callaway Epic 5
    Irons 5-PW Orka GS5 CTI Flatline 80A Graphite
    Wedges Cleveland 588 RTX 52, 56, 60
    Putter. Seemore Giant
    Handicap 21.2 Whipsnade Park GC

  9. #19
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Gateshead, Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    1,234

    Re: Catch a Predator

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    Ye I get that, I was just referring to my own post last week, note, a convicted sexual abuser.
    Now then, now then.......jangle jangle - here's your " fix it badge "

  10. #20
    Money List Winner Beezerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gateshead, Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    5,052

    Re: Catch a Predator

    On the flip side.
    The husband of my wife’s friend got arrested a few years ago for allegedly going on dodgy websites. Lost his job, couldn’t see his kids etc etc.
    Got a call a year later from the cops to say all charges had been dropped.
    Apparently his email address had been used to register on a Russian kiddy porn website via the dark web, he never got the to the bottom of how and why (the police never explained), life almost ruined with no explanation. Still makes you wonder but...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News