Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Is there a course you would never tire of playing?

Having read the thread about number of rounds played each year by some people, it made me think how many rounds before I would get bored with a course.

So is there any course you would never get tired of playing if you were playing it 150+ times a year every year?

Re: Is there a course you would never tire of playing?

The Royal Norwich GC - Home Club. Wouldnt continue to play there if I couldn't play it each week!

Thorpeness - Played it in November, itching to go back! Absolutely loved it!

Off to play WoodHall Spa for the first time in March.....going on what I've been told that may be added to the list too!
    2017, The year I stepped out of my dads golfing shadow! April 2017 - 21.2....September 2017 - 7.9! Srixon Z765 Driver, Srixon Z565 3-Pw, Cleveland RTX 3.0 50, 54, 58, Odyssey O-Works 1, Srixon AD333 Tour

RCD is decent enough that Id play it regularly.
    http://www.bangorgolfclubni.co.uk
    TM M2 Driver R11s 5W Cally 1 iron TM MC TP 3-pw Irons wedges and a putting thing.

Blackmoor 👍

North Berwick West Links

I could never ever get bored of that place.
    10 hcp and rising.

Never played an away course often enough to find out. There are courses I love but is part of that because of the novelty? It becomes different if you are playing a medal round week after week. Best answer for me would be Knaresborough but that is with the proviso given.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Radius Classic No. 7 Putter

Both of the courses at Sunningdale I would imagine would keep me happy for a long time.

I don't think I'd get bored of Hankley Common

Tour Winner

Wolf Creek or Notts or Woodhall Spa

despite the fact Sunningdale and Swinley are better IMO, the lack of length would frustrate me at times, whereas Notts and Woodhall have so many tee options you could play the course differently all the time
    In Bag: Taylormade M1 Fujikura Speeder 757 XFlex ------ORKA PS40 3wood - 80S Proto-By-You ----------ORKA RS1 & RS 3 Combo---------------ORKA RS18 52,56,60 Wedges ---------ORKA Limited Edition - Green Bay Packers Putter----------------Handicap 2.2

To be honest this is one of the prerequisites for me joining a club.
    I play most of my golf at my club and it needs to be able to hold my interest at least twice a week 40/45weeks of the year..

Sure, if money was no object then a Sunningdale/Hankley/Swinley would work but, realistically, The Zoo works too...
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...