Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 92
  1. #1
    Head Pro Stegsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    403

    Formby Hall - Membership

    Morning all!

    I trust everyone had a nice Christmas and New Year.

    Anyway, I was wondering if anyone is (or has been) a Member of Formby Hall Golf Club?

    I am potentially moving on from our place and I've been offered a pretty decent deal at Formby Hall. Now, my main area of concern is that I see Formby Hall as being more of a "Resort Type' of place. Generally plenty of society days and corporate's going out (IMO). The staff there seem excellent, and the course is always in decent condition, but I am a little worried about the above.

    Any comments would be appreciated. Wouldn't want to sign up and discover that I can't get a game due to it being full of visitors / societies!


    Cheers
    The Pursuit of Excellence is a Lifelong Endeavour ...

  2. #2
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,624

    Re: Formby Hall - Membership

    Quote Originally Posted by Stegsie View Post
    Morning all!

    I trust everyone had a nice Christmas and New Year.

    Anyway, I was wondering if anyone is (or has been) a Member of Formby Hall Golf Club?

    I am potentially moving on from our place and I've been offered a pretty decent deal at Formby Hall. Now, my main area of concern is that I see Formby Hall as being more of a "Resort Type' of place. Generally plenty of society days and corporate's going out (IMO). The staff there seem excellent, and the course is always in decent condition, but I am a little worried about the above.

    Any comments would be appreciated. Wouldn't want to sign up and discover that I can't get a game due to it being full of visitors / societies!


    Cheers
    Mate of mine left for this reason , booked his tee time in advance only to be told a society had booked in and he had to wait over an hour.
    This happened to often so he went elsewhere.

  3. #3
    Money List Winner Stuart_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    5,927

    Re: Formby Hall - Membership

    How come you're moving mate?

  4. #4
    Head Pro Stegsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    403

    Re: Formby Hall - Membership

    Quote Originally Posted by clubchamp98 View Post
    Mate of mine left for this reason , booked his tee time in advance only to be told a society had booked in and he had to wait over an hour.
    This happened to often so he went elsewhere.
    Yep, I can see this being an issue ... nightmare.
    The Pursuit of Excellence is a Lifelong Endeavour ...

  5. #5
    Head Pro Stegsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    403

    Re: Formby Hall - Membership

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    How come you're moving mate?
    Just thinking about a change. Nothing major wrong with our place but not enjoying it as much of late.
    The Pursuit of Excellence is a Lifelong Endeavour ...

  6. #6
    Money List Winner Stuart_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    5,927

    Re: Formby Hall - Membership

    Quote Originally Posted by Stegsie View Post
    Just thinking about a change. Nothing major wrong with our place but not enjoying it as much of late.
    Hows it looking there? Bit wet?

    I like to play there now and again but I couldn't play there week in week out.

    I'd stick with a members club over a resort curse.

  7. #7
    Head Pro Stegsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    403

    Re: Formby Hall - Membership

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Hows it looking there? Bit wet?

    I like to play there now and again but I couldn't play there week in week out.

    I'd stick with a members club over a resort curse.
    You know what, its actually playing better than it ever has. Course is in great nick and the drainage is vastly improved.

  8. #8
    Assistant Pro xreyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    123

    Re: Formby Hall - Membership

    Quote Originally Posted by Stegsie View Post
    You know what, its actually playing better than it ever has. Course is in great nick and the drainage is vastly improved.
    I played there a few times this year, and found Southport Municipal to be less wet in some cases. I cannot see how their drainage has improved. It's quite a good course, and with it always being wet, is a test off the whites.

    I'm not a member, but I'm amazed how easy it is to get a tee time there, and there doesn't seem to be much time set apart for members. The rounds I've played there this year were twilight rounds, around 3PM mostly. I have never got around there in less than 4 1/2 hours playing as a single, or a pair. The round times are stupidly long.
    In the Bag
    Driver - 2017 Taylormade M1 460
    3W - Taylormade SLDRs 15
    Srixon Z-U65 20 Iron
    Irons - Mizuno MP54 4-PW
    Wedges - 52 Vokey SM5, 56 Vokey SM6, 60 Cleveland RTX3
    Odyssey O-Works 1W

  9. #9
    Ryder Cup Winner garyinderry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,486

    Re: Formby Hall - Membership

    if formby hall had been closer to liverpool i would have joined there no problem. much better than all the city courses.

    the tee times thing would resolve itself in time.

  10. #10
    Global Moderator DCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Midlothian
    Posts
    7,415

    Re: Formby Hall - Membership

    Played there on a weekend outing in May 2016. Whilst the course was busy, there was reserved tee times on the saturday for the members and they had tee reserved for a medal during the early afternoon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News