Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Tour Winner

Re: Pride vs Custom Fitting

Quote Originally Posted by FairwayDodger View Post
    Having just priced the hybrids my decision is made! Iím getting the 5i and sticking with the hybrids I already own!

Karen to be honest, if you were off 2 rather than 3 i think he might have fitted you for a 5iron.
    In Bag: Taylormade M1 Fujikura Speeder 757 XFlex ------ORKA PS40 3wood - 80S Proto-By-You ----------ORKA RS1 & RS 3 Combo---------------ORKA RS18 52,56,60 Wedges ---------ORKA Limited Edition - Green Bay Packers Putter----------------Handicap 2.2

Weather does affect that though so they can set the track man to normalise its results. In this case he set it to 17 degrees and no wind (there wasnít much wind anyway). How effective that is and how accurate, I donít know!
    It's fine, accuracy is the same. Normalisation is a badly explained and named feature in my opinion as it's the same physics simulation whether the operator has pressed the normalise button or not - it doesn't change input conditions which is you and your swing. As long as you compare all the clubs under the same settings you can be as confident as it's possible to be with the results as it's all relative...

Quote Originally Posted by FairwayDodger
    The key is to look at the relative differences I think

... Bingo!

I like putting. (2018 handicap: 10.0 ... 10.1, 10.2)

Money List Winner FairwayDodger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MendieGK View Post
    Karen to be honest, if you were off 2 rather than 3 i think he might have fitted you for a 5iron.
    When people ask my handicap I still start off saying "Tw..." and then have to correct myself! Need to get a decent score early in the new season to get back down there!

Tour Winner

When people ask my handicap I still start off saying "Tw..." and then have to correct myself! Need to get a decent score early in the new season to get back down there!
    when you get down low i think its acceptable to use decimals to extenuate your ability. we almost feel ashamed sometimes that we've got back up a shot. i feel your pain
    In Bag: Taylormade M1 Fujikura Speeder 757 XFlex ------ORKA PS40 3wood - 80S Proto-By-You ----------ORKA RS1 & RS 3 Combo---------------ORKA RS18 52,56,60 Wedges ---------ORKA Limited Edition - Green Bay Packers Putter----------------Handicap 2.2

FD...If its any help.....your question actually caused me to consider whether I (a portly, less flexible, 50 something, single digit player,) would benefit from dropping the 5 iron in favour of a higher lofted hybrid.....and I haven't totally dismissed the notion....my dithering is not so much about "pride" but the fact that I paid for a 5-PW set and one of the clubs would start gathering dust in the corner of my garage and be "wasted".
    Callway Epic 10.5, Ping Rapture 13*, Ping G400 14.5*, Ping G400 19* & 22* hybrids, Callaway Apex CF16 6i-AW, Callaway MD4 54* & 58* wedges, Bettinardi SS28, Chrome Soft