Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Postage Costs?

Question Postage Costs?

I have a few items I need to sell on the old Ebay and I wondered if any seasoned wheeler dealers out there can give me a rough idea on what the postage costs will be? I normally entrust them to the post office as method of choice.

1. A whole set - golf bag with 13 clubs inside.
    2. A set of seven irons.
    3. A single gap wedge - from selling a single club before though I believe this to be around £12?

Cheers guys.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17°)
    • Benross HTX 3 hybrid (20°)
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Optix
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2

Assistant Pro

Re: Postage Costs?

If you go with a courier such as MyHermes then the cost will be significantly less:

Single iron is around £5
    Seven irons will be around £9
    Bag with clubs-£15ish although need to keep an eye on maximum length and weight they accept.

Journeyman Pro

It depends on who you use.

I have used my myhermes for years and the cost for up to 2kg (2 clubs for example) is £3.99 it increase if you want to insure above £20 and get a signature

You can get quotes for myhermes without registering you just need to now the weight, size and any two postcodes. I use my own and my sons just to get a cost.

Remember to factor in the weight of the packaging boxes for bags are quite heavy in postage terms.

If you are using Parcel Farce then it all pretty much starts at £11.70 (from memory) again you can get a quote online.
    Handicap 9 (was 6, now showing my age)An absolute miss mash of clubs

Journeyman Pro

PS if the bag with 13 clubs includes a driver be very careful about parcel length.
    Handicap 9 (was 6, now showing my age)An absolute miss mash of clubs

When you list an item on the bay I thought it suggested a recommended postage price based on Royal Mail prices?

I sent 100 golf balls via myHermes last week. Cost was £6.79 and that included getting signed for. The weight was just under 5 kgs.

I've used the new Shutl service on e bay with no issues, I now prefer to use the UPS service through this rather then myherpes or parcelforce.

I had a full set complete with bag delivered recently by Hermes, the delivery cost on ebay was £5.99 which is what I assume the seller was charged.

Admittedly they were vintage but the driver and 5 wood were metal headed so the length of modern clubs.
    Packaging wasn't the best but it did the job. Basically all the clubs were put into the bag heads first, this was about a 9 inch diameter bag so a bit cramped but driver/woods first and irons after. The whole lot was then wrapped in black polythene and taped up so the bag was effectively the protection for the clubs, with grips sticking out but wrapped.

Being Hermes, when they found nobody was in they left the package out of sight by the front window rather than leave with a neighbour or deliver another day, luckily it wasn't raining.
    Clubs - Various wooden woods. xVarious bladed irons. xVarious strange old putters. xxxIt's not all about the score. xx
    Handicap - 12.0
    2018 HFH Handicap Challenge vs Richart & Bigfoot

Quote Originally Posted by jim8flog View Post

You can get quotes for myhermes without registering you just need to now the weight, size and any two postcodes. I use my own and my sons just to get a cost.

Remember to factor in the weight of the packaging boxes for bags are quite heavy in postage terms.
    I have no idea how much the bag with all the clubs weigh, that's sort of why I was asking. Got no means to weigh them at home.

Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    When you list an item on the bay I thought it suggested a recommended postage price based on Royal Mail prices?
    I'm not sure, I thought it just made suggestions of postal cost based on other similar items others had listed and what they had put as the postal cost. Some people just make up the post fees though I reckon, I was hoping to ask people here who had posted stuff and knew the costs more accurately.

A few of you saying go with My Hermes but I've seen some shocking reports of their work on this forum!
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17°)
    • Benross HTX 3 hybrid (20°)
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Optix
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2

Look here https://shutl.com/uk/
    This is EBay's service as has been said previously. You have the choice of Hermes or DPD, both of whom have lots of local drop off points.
    Taylormade M1 9½°, Matrix Black Tie 6M3 Regular
    Taylormade SLDR 3 wood
    Taylormade SLDR 5 wood
    TaylormadeSLDR Rescue 22°
    Mizuno JPX850 forged irons 4 - PW
    Titelist Vokey 50 & 58 wedges
    Cure RX4 putter (heavyweight magic wand)
    Vice Pro Plus ball
    H/C 10 @ SSGC.co.uk (9.5, whole season to get back to single figures)