Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tour Rookie

best golf game on ps4?

No interest in shooting things, so wondered what would be best for taking the boy down on his ps4.

It's a cunning ruse to try and backdoor him into wanting to play in real life...

Re: best golf game on ps4?

I have Rory McIlroy PGA or whatever it's called. It's alright, good to waste away a few hours if you need too.

I have heard good things about the Golf club, where you can design courses and then play them. Although I've never played it, so don't know how it plays.
    In the Bag:

Ping G 9 degree Std Tour 65 stiff shaft
    Titleist 910F 15 degree Diamana Kai'li 75 mid stiff shaft
    Cobra FLY-Z plus forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 52/9 KBS Tour-V 125 (bent to 50)
    Nike VR S400 56/10
    Rife 460 Tour Blade

Handicap - 18.7

https://www.stboswellsgolfclub.co.uk/

Q-School Graduate

Everybody's Golf, should get it new for around £20.

Cartoony graphics, but the gameplay is superb. Decent amount of depth to it too.
    In the bag...

Ping G Driver 12 degree
    Ping G 3 wood
    Ping G 3 and 4 hybrids
    Ping G series irons 5-9
    Ping G series wedges 50 and 60 degree
    Ping Anser putter

Handicap: 23, 23.1, 23.2, 22.1, 19.3, 19.4, 19.5, 19.6, 19.7, 19.8,19.9, 20

Handicap challenge:

Vs Phil
    Vs Khamilion

Halesowen golf club
    West Midlands

Club Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Garush34 View Post
    I have heard good things about the Golf club, where you can design courses and then play them. Although I've never played it, so don't know how it plays.
    How much design is allowed with the Golf Club? Can you, for instance design holes broadly similar to your home course?

It would have to be on Xbox too as I think that's what the young one has.

I sunk many hours into the Golf Club, and the Golf Club 2. The Golf Club 2 is better for varying difficulties, but playing it on the same difficulty as the original, GC2 is harder overall. It's great that you can play user designed courses, there are replicas of all the big courses and they're fantastic.

For the Golf Club look at TGC Tours - You don't have to play in any of the competitions but can if you want. I mainly use it as a place to get courses to play these days. I played heavily during the original game but don't have enough PS4 time to play anymore.

I would however consider the Golf Club to be more of a golf simulation, than an easy game.

Rory McIlroy is fun because it's just easy. You can alter the ball flight after you've hit it (spin), you can use power ups to hit the ball etc. I play this when I just want to go on and not concentrate too much.

Everybody's golf is a cartoon game, it's more aimed at younger kids I reckon, but I've never played it.
    In the Bag
    Driver - 2017 Taylormade M1 440
    3W - Taylormade SLDRs 15°
    3i Hybrid - Cobra F6 19-22°
    Irons - Mizuno MP54 4-PW
    Wedges - 52° Vokey SM5, 56° Vokey SM6, 60° Cleveland CG10

Quote Originally Posted by xreyuk View Post
    I sunk many hours into the Golf Club, and the Golf Club 2. The Golf Club 2 is better for varying difficulties, but playing it on the same difficulty as the original, GC2 is harder overall. It's great that you can play user designed courses, there are replicas of all the big courses and they're fantastic.

For the Golf Club look at TGC Tours - You don't have to play in any of the competitions but can if you want. I mainly use it as a place to get courses to play these days. I played heavily during the original game but don't have enough PS4 time to play anymore.

I would however consider the Golf Club to be more of a golf simulation, than an easy game.

Rory McIlroy is fun because it's just easy. You can alter the ball flight after you've hit it (spin), you can use power ups to hit the ball etc. I play this when I just want to go on and not concentrate too much.

Everybody's golf is a cartoon game, it's more aimed at younger kids I reckon, but I've never played it.
    Have to agree with The Golf Club 2, its a great game, takes a bit of getting used to. (although min is Xbox One, i guess its exactly the same)

I am literally in the middle of a round at Woburn The Marquess Course (never played it for real)

Joy!
    Last edited by Lwatson-jones; 03-Jan-2018 at 12:21.
    In my Bag
    Titleist AP1 712 4-PW
    Titleist 54 & 60 Vokey SM4 Wedges
    Taylormade R15 10.5 Driver
    Cobra BIO-Cell 17.5 fairway wood
    Mizuno Putter
    Umbrella

28 -----> 27.2 -----> 26.1 ------> 26.7
    Slowly Slowly coming down AND up

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher View Post
    How much design is allowed with the Golf Club? Can you, for instance design holes broadly similar to your home course?

Couldn't tell you, never played it just heard good things about in reviews etc online.
    In the Bag:

Ping G 9 degree Std Tour 65 stiff shaft
    Titleist 910F 15 degree Diamana Kai'li 75 mid stiff shaft
    Cobra FLY-Z plus forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 52/9 KBS Tour-V 125 (bent to 50)
    Nike VR S400 56/10
    Rife 460 Tour Blade

Handicap - 18.7

https://www.stboswellsgolfclub.co.uk/

Q-School Graduate

Quote Originally Posted by xreyuk View Post

It's not.
    In the bag...

Ping G Driver 12 degree
    Ping G 3 wood
    Ping G 3 and 4 hybrids
    Ping G series irons 5-9
    Ping G series wedges 50 and 60 degree
    Ping Anser putter

Handicap: 23, 23.1, 23.2, 22.1, 19.3, 19.4, 19.5, 19.6, 19.7, 19.8,19.9, 20

Handicap challenge:

Vs Phil
    Vs Khamilion

Halesowen golf club
    West Midlands

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher View Post

I forgot to say you can design whatever you want, but you can design whatever you want. It's not easy however, the major courses on the game some people spend upwards of 50 hours designing.
    In the Bag
    Driver - 2017 Taylormade M1 440
    3W - Taylormade SLDRs 15°
    3i Hybrid - Cobra F6 19-22°
    Irons - Mizuno MP54 4-PW
    Wedges - 52° Vokey SM5, 56° Vokey SM6, 60° Cleveland CG10

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzatron View Post
    Everybody's Golf, should get it new for around £20.

Cartoony graphics, but the gameplay is superb. Decent amount of depth to it too.
    I really enjoy Everybody's Golf. Very addictive and easy to pick up at the start. I've been playing it loads lately while off work at Christmas.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0, 56°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Soft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Dec end yr review
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9