Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Get Fitter, Faster, Lighter, Stronger 2018

So last years thread kind of died a death around June. Lets see if we can kick off again to spur a few people on!

I'll kick off with my goals which i really want to smash, I start some new drugs in 2 weeks which i am really hoping sort me out, otherwise i am having surgery later in the year and expect to have my tesco bag for life as they will remove my lower intestines. So here is hoping, but even if they do i WILL complete the below!

Weight Jan 1st - 72.1kg (not bothered about the number, would be nice to lose the wobbly bits!)

Goals which are in daily view for me to remember when it hurts why i'm doing it!

Run a sub 25 minute 5k (this should be easy, i am at 25:50 now)
    Run a sub 50 minute 10k
    Run my first half Marathon in March in Sub 2 hours
    Swim 1km non stop
    Complete an Olympic Triathlon
    Run a total of 1000km for the year
    Owner of golf clubs, dusty golf clubs...

Talks a lot of sense on twitter @scottroots

Re: Get Fitter, Faster, Lighter, Stronger 2018

Sorry to hear of your ills rooter. Hope the drugs work mate and you stay surgery free. Don't know about getting faster but I can definitely afford to drop a couple of pounds this year

If we put our minds to it we can do anything. Im sure you will achieve your targets. Hope all goes well on your Tesco shopping trip.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherdouble View Post
    Sorry to hear of your ills rooter. Hope the drugs work mate and you stay surgery free. Don't know about getting faster but I can definitely afford to drop a couple of pounds this year
    Thanks! No worries if it goes that way, probably for the best if it does! I know a few that have had it done and regret not doing it sooner!

So how are you going to drop a few pounds?! No getting out of it now! Its on the internet!!
    Owner of golf clubs, dusty golf clubs...

Talks a lot of sense on twitter @scottroots

Getting married at the end of May so have basically 6 months to crack on in the gym and make some progress. Was doing well last year but injury in September and illness in November really de-railed and never shook it off so hardly got in the gym at the end of the year. Want to put on some lean muscle, drop the belly fat and get as close to the 6-pack as possible by the honeymoon. Planning on 3-4 gym sessions a week with one of those sessions potentially being replaced by some form of martial art - be it Jiu Jitsu or Boxing/Muay Thai. We'll see.
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 4-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

Handicap: 12

Lancaster GC

Q-School Graduate

Having my first child last year destroyed my fitness, was running loads the year before and now it's piled on.

Signed up for Man Vs Fat football yesterday, 6 a-side for the blokes over a certain BMI. So looking forward to getting started with that, add a few runs in there whilst I get back to full fitness. Another half marathon later in the year too maybe.
    In the bag...

Ping G Driver 12 degree
    Ping G 3 wood
    Ping G 3 and 4 hybrids
    Ping G series irons 5-9
    Ping G series wedges 50 and 60 degree
    Ping Anser putter

Handicap: 23, 23.1, 23.2, 22.1, 19.3, 19.4, 19.5, 19.6, 19.7, 19.8,19.9, 20

Handicap challenge:

Vs Phil
    Vs Khamilion

Halesowen golf club
    West Midlands

Journeyman Pro

I'll join in (again) but pretty much like every year I'll fade away - posting wise probably not weight wise!!

Not weighing myself, going to go down the bodycoach type route and just focus on getting a bit fitter, feeling/looking better and eating better. No drinking this month and aiming to cut down my booze intake. Hit the gym 2 to 3 times a week focusing on HIIT training and maybe a day of cardio to try build up fitness.
    TaylorMade M2 Driver
    TaylorMade M2 3 Wood
    Ping G10 18 Hybrid
    Cobra Amp 5-SW Irons
    Titliest Vokey 60 degree
    Odyssey White Hot Putter

Handicap 26

Quote Originally Posted by Rooter View Post
    Thanks! No worries if it goes that way, probably for the best if it does! I know a few that have had it done and regret not doing it sooner!

So how are you going to drop a few pounds?! No getting out of it now! Its on the internet!!
    Easiest way is to shut my gob. Getting off my backside is the hardest one as my job ensures I sit on it for up to 14 hours a day

Hoping to get below 13st by this time next year.
    Put my usual winter coat on again but am a stone lighter than jan 2017 (13st12).

Set myself the target of riding 100k a week on the exercise bike, getting on the ride is more difficult with me and Mrs working full time. But hoping 15k a day is doable. Done 50 in last 2 but sure enthusiasm will wain soon enough.....
    My own H4H. Challenge. Get to 16 or pop 20in the pot.

After getting somewhat fitter last year (started playing competitive 11 a-side again and did a half marathon) I had a bad end to the year, ended up playing in goals for a few games and we didn't have a game all of December. Coupled with eating a drinking like a total pig throughout December took its toll.
    Looked in the mirror the other day and I look like an egg on legs
    Just done a 1.5 mile run in a reasonable time to say I've barely done owt for 2 months, did a few dumb bells as well to get the juices flowing.
    2016 handicap 15-13 2017 handicap 13-12 2018 handicap 12...