Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Journeyman Pro

Re: Help with planning Scotland trip

That's 3 on the trot fishy you've trolled me now, you planning on following me on every post I make ? Looking forward to it if you are

Canít contribute positively to this thread as Iíve never played in bonnie Scotchland.....but is it wrong to say if I was going Iíd favour the west coast over the east? Iíve a hankering for a Troon/turnburry double header

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by therod View Post
    Canít contribute positively to this thread as Iíve never played in bonnie Scotchland.....but is it wrong to say if I was going Iíd favour the west coast over the east? Iíve a hankering for a Troon/turnburry double header

The West gets worse weather, something to consider, the East probably has a greater concentration of championship courses compared to the West.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    The West gets worse weather, something to consider, the East probably has a greater concentration of championship courses compared to the West.
    Its in the plan to play up there at some stage soon. I reckon Iíd be spoilt for choice. I also fancy kings barns, Carnoustie, North Berwick....too much choice. Iím not fussed about the old course, it looks like a pitch & putt & ive heard muirfield is over rated, itís really flat apparently?

Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    That's 3 on the trot fishy you've trolled me now, you planning on following me on every post I make ? Looking forward to it if you are
    You can get tablets for paranoia, Iím posting all over and my posts are factual and in the context of the topics, run to the mods if you want, or have you already ?

For my 60th my other half bought me some golf at Gleneagles over TOC - was she right?
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

Grand Slam Winner Liverpoolphil's Avatar

I believe the West can get a bit of the better weather with the gulstream or is it Gulf Stream ? But it brings the nice warmer weather at times - as opposed to the bitter North Sea wind from Scandinavia. Just what I noticed when living in Peterhead and then in Benbecula

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    For my 60th my other half bought me some golf at Gleneagles over TOC - was she right?
    I reckon both courses may have changed since the early 80ís. Itís a different question now

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    You can get tablets for paranoia, Iím posting all over and my posts are factual and in the context of the topics, run to the mods if you want, or have you already ?

Oh I'm fairly sure you've sucked up to them to see you alright

I reckon both courses may have changed since the early 80ís. Itís a different question now
    1880's or 1980's ??
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0