Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Tour Rookie

Re: Help with planning Scotland trip

Thanks for the write up, great read.

Am hoping to enter the ballot in August(3 ball) and will be crossing our fingers and have got a few days to get lucky with. If we don't get a time will have to play one of the other courses you mentioned.

Great write up and glad you enjoyed all the courses. I still haven't found anything in golf that comes close to the buzz teeing off on the 1st hole.

Do you wish you had stayed in St Andrews?

I stopped a few miles away when I went for the week, really wished I had stayed in the town.
    10 hcp and rising.

I am glad that you enjoyed your time up there. If you hadn't we would all be questioning your sanity

Great little write up and I hope more people decide to go up and do this sort of trip because it is brilliant.
    spray it about a bit and can't putt 🇿🇦

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Quaker View Post
    Great write up and glad you enjoyed all the courses. I still haven't found anything in golf that comes close to the buzz teeing off on the 1st hole.

Do you wish you had stayed in St Andrews?

I stopped a few miles away when I went for the week, really wished I had stayed in the town.
    Yes and no. We were able to find somewhere really cheap to stay by staying away from St Andrews (60 a night on Airbnb). Accommodation in St Andrews is quite pricey, also I suspect it would be difficult to find somewhere for a sensible price that wouldn't require a short drive to the golf courses or town anyway. I think the main benefit of staying in St Andrews itself would be the evenings and being able to pop into town for dinner etc.

I think had we been there longer than 3 nights we would have started to get tired of the 20 min drive to and from St Andrews!
    Handicap: 12