Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,549

    Re: Competition Entry fee includes 2's Club

    Any 2 in any stroke play comp gets paid out £6.
    You may, or may not, consider this a 2s pot.
    You may consider that there is an included cost in the competition entry fee, or that it's a freebe - but it's not optional.

  2. #22
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    17,006

    Re: Competition Entry fee includes 2's Club

    Quote Originally Posted by nickjdavis View Post
    £4 entry fee at our place of which £1 automatically goes into the 2's pot....in reality the 2's entry is optional.....but in 17 years membership I've never known a single person to refuse to pay.

    Whilst it is probably fair (having had a quick peruse of comp results from this past year) to say that the players who score 2's tend to be at the lower end of the handicap scale (relative to the overall entry demographic) there have been a couple of occasions where only 1 two has been recorded and 18+ handicap players have walked away with the entire pot.

    I guess that entry into the 2's sweep at our place is pretty much part of the fabric of the club....all money won goes into the club shop (which isan integral part of the club and not run by a pro for his sole benefit) and players often spend what they have "in the book" as part of a larger purchase....which in turn helps the shop and the club to prosper.
    And they might well say that getting 2s is the only realistic way of getting a little financial return from playing in a medal
    to infinity and beyond...

    ...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

    And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

    Job done

  3. #23
    Journeyman Pro Green Bay Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: Competition Entry fee includes 2's Club

    We did away with 2's prizes five or six years ago and have gone to best front and back nine prizes instead. It is all funded from our £3 entry fee per comp.
    Mizuno JPX EZ 9.5 driver, Cobra S9.1 3 wood, TaylorMade RBZ 5 wood, Cobra Amp Cell 2-3 Hybrid, Ping G20 irons 6-PW, Titleist 52, 56 and 60 Vokey wedges, Odyssey White Hot putter.

  4. #24
    Journeyman Pro 2blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Happy Leeds,
    Posts
    1,584

    Re: Competition Entry fee includes 2's Club

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bay Hacker View Post
    We did away with 2's prizes five or six years ago and have gone to best front and back nine prizes instead. It is all funded from our £3 entry fee per comp.
    Does that mean that in an 18 hole Q-Comp players can win money for 9 holes, possibly, get 0.1 back & do the same week after week?? Or is everybody at your Club honest & upright, John??
    2Blue H/cap started on 9.9... 45 Q Comps later I'm on 10.3
    http://www.leedsgolfcentre.com/

  5. #25
    Journeyman Pro IanM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,583

    Re: Competition Entry fee includes 2's Club

    Ours went up to £5 last year... always had an inclusive 2s Sweep incorporated. All money comes back as credit which can be spent in Pro Shop or Bar. Never heard of anyone objecting to 2s.

    - as an aside.... I've been at clubs where the 2s Sweep Prizes were golf balls. That always causes chatter!! Pro V1 users moan about getting anything else, AD333 users moan about getting fewer pro Vs for their money!! (ok, sort of joking, but you know what I mean!)
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

  6. #26
    Journeyman Pro 2blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Happy Leeds,
    Posts
    1,584

    Re: Competition Entry fee includes 2's Club

    Quote Originally Posted by nickjdavis View Post
    £4 entry fee at our place of which £1 automatically goes into the 2's pot....in reality the 2's entry is optional.....but in 17 years membership I've never known a single person to refuse to pay.

    Whilst it is probably fair (having had a quick peruse of comp results from this past year) to say that the players who score 2's tend to be at the lower end of the handicap scale (relative to the overall entry demographic) there have been a couple of occasions where only 1 two has been recorded and 18+ handicap players have walked away with the entire pot.

    I guess that entry into the 2's sweep at our place is pretty much part of the fabric of the club....all money won goes into the club shop (which isan integral part of the club and not run by a pro for his sole benefit) and players often spend what they have "in the book" as part of a larger purchase....which in turn helps the shop and the club to prosper.
    So concerned were they about this, at our place, that they run the 2's in divisions 1-15 & 15+....... so Div 1 often pays about £3 or £4.50 whilst Div 2 pays £12 or £14 & a few weeks ago a multiple roll-over of £136 for one lucky Rabbit.... never any roll-overs in Div 1 of course..... but we're still "All in it together" at our Club.

    Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    And they might well say that getting 2s is the only realistic way of getting a little financial return from playing in a medal
    When this was suggested by our, 'high-H/cap management', I appealed to their reasonableness with this argument at the time suggesting that, to the better players, it would come across as a wee bit selfish & unnecessary.... but to no avail.
    So many of us now boycott the whole affair... my £1 now goes to the young guy who staffs the half-way. A thankless task as many of those who fostered the idea of '2's in divisions' are the biggest moaners when it's not open for them on quiet days or there's not a full selection of soups etc.
    2Blue H/cap started on 9.9... 45 Q Comps later I'm on 10.3
    http://www.leedsgolfcentre.com/

  7. #27
    Q-School Graduate Lanark_Golfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Motherwell
    Posts
    831

    Re: Competition Entry fee includes 2's Club

    Comps are £3 entry at mine and includes 2’s entry.

    Prize pots are in 3 classes, 1st (+2 to 7), 2nd (8 to 12) and 3rd (13 to 28)

    You generally get more money for your 2 as you go up the classes as there are less made. Prize money is paid in the same classes and is generally around equal amounts due to handicap ratios at the club.
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9* Driver (Fujikura Pro 62 Stiff)
    Callaway X2 Hot Pro 17* 4 Wood (Aldila Tour Green Stiff)
    Taylormade R15 3 Hybrid (Stock Stiff)
    Titleist AP2 4-PW (DG AMT S300)
    Callaway MD3 52* 56* 60* Wedges
    Taylormade Spiderblade Putter
    Garmin G5 / Bushnell Tour V2
    Titleist RC13 Cart Bag on Clicgear 3.0

    Handicap 6.7
    www.lanarkgolfclub.co.uk

  8. #28
    Journeyman Pro 2blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Happy Leeds,
    Posts
    1,584

    Re: Competition Entry fee includes 2's Club

    Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    Ours went up to £5 last year... always had an inclusive 2s Sweep incorporated. All money comes back as credit which can be spent in Pro Shop or Bar. Never heard of anyone objecting to 2s.

    - as an aside.... I've been at clubs where the 2s Sweep Prizes were golf balls. That always causes chatter!! Pro V1 users moan about getting anything else, AD333 users moan about getting fewer pro Vs for their money!! (ok, sort of joking, but you know what I mean!)
    The former has been suggested recently as we are moving, at long last, to digital sign-up for Comps & an all-in payment would simplify things enormously but I doubt it will happen.
    Is that 'No one objecting' to 2's being in one Pot??
    Last edited by 2blue; 03-Jan-2018 at 16:45.
    2Blue H/cap started on 9.9... 45 Q Comps later I'm on 10.3
    http://www.leedsgolfcentre.com/

  9. #29
    Challenge Tour Pro Coffey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    518

    Re: Competition Entry fee includes 2's Club

    Slightly off topic...

    How easy is it for your to find out your 2's balance at your club?

    Ours is currently stored on the pro's computer at home, when you ask he has to remember to check when he gets home and then remember the balance until the next time he sees you. This process normally takes about 3 weeks of asking before he finally remembers. I am currently moving club and haven't been able to find out what my outstanding balance is.

    Also, when I pick something up from the pro shop using my 2's money, I just say take it from my 2's pot, having no idea how much the item is (normally its just a glove or balls) and having no idea how much is actually in my account.

    I can't believe this is norm but happy to be told different, just seems absolutely crazy.
    H/C: 14.5 Clandeboye Golf Club, Bangor, Northern Ireland. Driver: 2016 M1- Project X Hzrdus black 6.0 . 3 wood: TM M2 HL 3 Iron: Srixon ZU45 Hybrids:TM RBZ Stage2 4. Irons: Ping I 5-PW. Wedges: SM6- 50, 56, 60. Putter: Odyssey 2-ball Fang Tank

  10. #30
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,549

    Re: Competition Entry fee includes 2's Club

    Quote Originally Posted by Coffey View Post
    Slightly off topic...

    How easy is it for your to find out your 2's balance at your club?

    Ours is currently stored on the pro's computer at home, when you ask he has to remember to check when he gets home and then remember the balance until the next time he sees you. This process normally takes about 3 weeks of asking before he finally remembers. I am currently moving club and haven't been able to find out what my outstanding balance is.

    Also, when I pick something up from the pro shop using my 2's money, I just say take it from my 2's pot, having no idea how much the item is (normally its just a glove or balls) and having no idea how much is actually in my account.

    I can't believe this is norm but happy to be told different, just seems absolutely crazy.
    Ours is automatic and credited direct to members Clubcard when competitions are finalised (along with any 'winnings').
    some metal woods,
    any old irons,
    Pick up balls....

    10.8 and moving the right way again...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Latin America Amateur Championship Preview

The fourth instalment of the Latin America Amateur Championship takes place this week at the Prince of Wales CC in Santiago, Chile. The winner will play in the 2018 Masters.

January 19, 2018

Callaway Rogue Hybrids and Irons Unveiled

Callaway Rogue Hybrids and Irons Unveiled - Two hybrids and four irons join the Rogue woods promising extra distance with improved sound and feel

January 18, 2018

Rory McIlroy What’s In The Bag?

Rory McIlroy's 2018 set-up has been revealed, take a look at what clubs he's carrying with this Rory McIlroy what's in the bag?

January 17, 2018

Clubhouse Honours Boards Ripped Down To Encourage Functions

Haste Hill Golf Club in Middlesex has had its honours boards taken down by the council so they don't put off potential customers looking to hire the venue

January 16, 2018

CareerBuilder Challenge Golf Betting Tips

Roll up, roll up get your birdies here! The PGA Tour is in the very scoring friendly conditions of California, check out these CareerBuilder Challenge Golf Betting Tips

January 16, 2018