Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
  1. #1
    Ryder Cup Winner Hobbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Gallardos
    Posts
    10,369

    2018 non-golf goals

    Ok, in light of the thread close to the top, currently, what are your plans for 2018?

    1) Get healthy!!! I have an op mid Jan, and then lets see what the long term recovery plan is. Chemo? Can't be that bad!!
    2) Move to Spain in Feb, and recover in the sun.
    3) Join a decent club out there and start playing the volume of golf I was playing a few years back. Is cat 1 out of reach?
    4) Learn Spanish, and integrate with the community.
    5) A bucket load of charity work I've got lined up - I might as well work full time.
    6) 2x weddings, our children, back in the Uk in 2018, one of which fits in with H4H.

    Never had such a full calendar!! And never looked forward so much in my life. 2018 is going to be a mega year!!
    Give it big humpties

  2. #2
    Challenge Tour Pro Matty6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    553

    Re: 2018 non-golf goals

    My 2018 goals are irrelavant.....your number 1 goal is all that matters. Get healthy pal, and hereís to us sharing a pint at H4H 2018 👍

  3. #3
    Head Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    369

    Re: 2018 non-golf goals

    Regardless of my goals best of luck with #1 mate

    - get healthy and lose some weight
    - spend more time with my teenage kids before they fly the nest
    - remember to tell my wife everyday that I am the luckiest man in the world

  4. #4
    Journeyman Pro srixon 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    2,209

    Re: 2018 non-golf goals

    All the best with number 1. Chemo is different for everyone as some feel the side effects more than others. Iíve just had 6 of 8 planned sessions and have been very lucky, feel like junk for a few days after but nothing too serious. Good luck and your positive outlook will definitely help.

  5. #5
    Grand Slam Winner Imurg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aylesbury Bucks
    Posts
    22,443

    Re: 2018 non-golf goals

    Good luck with #1 Brian....
    I guess my only goal is to see 2019...... other than that, what will be will be..
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

    Handicap 7.8 at Whipsnade Park

    H4H Handicap challenge Vs r0wly86

    You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

  6. #6
    Money List Winner Lord Tyrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    7,837

    Re: 2018 non-golf goals

    Interesting how as you get older health issues become more relevant in this type of thread.

    I want get rid of my tennis elbow, 4 years and counting.

    Use my kettle bell to strengthen my lower back.

    Eat fruit more often. More manageable than veg for me.

  7. #7
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Havering
    Posts
    1,853

    Re: 2018 non-golf goals

    Hobbit I really hope you get well.. that tops any goal out there. Health is the most important

    I have 2 goals

    1. Pass promotion training to secure bit more cash for when the wife goes part time after maternity leave

    2. Be the best dad I can to my daughter

  8. #8
    Major Champion chrisd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    17,573

    Re: 2018 non-golf goals

    Number 1 - almost the same as Brian, I've recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer. I am at the very early stages that require watching for changes.

    Number 2 - paint and decorate all the upstairs rooms after doing all downstairs this summer

    Number 3 - decide whether to fully retire of continue my part time job

    Number 4 - enjoy the 2 holidays we've booked so far for this year

    Number 5 - hope that Hobbit ensures his number 1 asap
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

    Handicap 12.0

  9. #9
    Journeyman Pro anotherdouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,014

    Re: 2018 non-golf goals

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    Number 1 - almost the same as Brian, I've recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer. I am at the very early stages that require watching for changes.

    Number 2 - paint and decorate all the upstairs rooms after doing all downstairs this summer

    Number 3 - decide whether to fully retire of continue my part time job

    Number 4 - enjoy the 2 holidays we've booked so far for this year

    Number 5 - hope that Hobbit ensures his number 1 asap
    Bloody hell Chris. That news has kicked me in the nuts. Don't really know what to say apart from the bleedin obvious. Good luck buddy and will be keeping everything crossed for you mate

  10. #10
    Money List Winner therod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    5,119

    Re: 2018 non-golf goals

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Ok, in light of the thread close to the top, currently, what are your plans for 2018?

    1) Get healthy!!! I have an op mid Jan, and then lets see what the long term recovery plan is. Chemo? Can't be that bad!!
    2) Move to Spain in Feb, and recover in the sun.
    3) Join a decent club out there and start playing the volume of golf I was playing a few years back. Is cat 1 out of reach?
    4) Learn Spanish, and integrate with the community.
    5) A bucket load of charity work I've got lined up - I might as well work full time.
    6) 2x weddings, our children, back in the Uk in 2018, one of which fits in with H4H.

    Never had such a full calendar!! And never looked forward so much in my life. 2018 is going to be a mega year!!
    Quote Originally Posted by srixon 1 View Post
    All the best with number 1. Chemo is different for everyone as some feel the side effects more than others. Iíve just had 6 of 8 planned sessions and have been very lucky, feel like junk for a few days after but nothing too serious. Good luck and your positive outlook will definitely help.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    Number 1 - almost the same as Brian, I've recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer. I am at the very early stages that require watching for changes.

    Number 2 - paint and decorate all the upstairs rooms after doing all downstairs this summer

    Number 3 - decide whether to fully retire of continue my part time job

    Number 4 - enjoy the 2 holidays we've booked so far for this year

    Number 5 - hope that Hobbit ensures his number 1 asap
    Puts it all in perspective. Good luck with your treatment/recovery gents.

    My short term goal is to get over my hangover! Will reassess after that

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News