Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shaft stiffness

Medal Winner

Re: Shaft stiffness

Great points. Thanks for the info.

I think once I start getting down towards low double digits I'll get a full bag fitting at Precision or Tour X to try all sorts of shafts etc.

Need a great season for it though!

Head Pro

I have used a Grafalloy Blue X in my driver for years, even though at the time my swing speed as on the higher side of a Stiff shaft in a heavier weight.

I have been fitted a couple of times for new drivers which on the launch monitor put me back into a heavier stiff shaft. The problem is on the course it just doesn't work and I have gone back to my old driver 3 times now. This has become a running joke which my playing partners.

On the same note I use an X in my 3 wood and Hybrids after years struggling for consistency this gave me just what I had been missing.

I am fully aware that all shafts are different in flex from each manufacturer. Sometimes it's where the shaft kicks that's matters more than flex for people. I require a shaft with a higher kick point and low torque, this helps bring my spin and launch down.

I am a firm believer in use what performs and not what someone says should work for you. Having launch monitor data is good but this needs to be combined with how it's actually performs on the course.
    Crewe GC. Hcp 7.3

Medal Winner

This is really interesting to me, I felt like all clubs should be similar stiffness but my irons seem to be going well just now with recently changing to dynamic gold s300s in my Z565s.

My bag probably looks a real mess to guys who know what they're doing.

Medal Winner

So, played a few rounds with the 3 wood and it's so far so good. I suppose the difference for me is that my bad shots end up in less trouble than they did before, and my good shots are better than they were before which is true of both driver and 3w.

However, I don't think they are perfectly suited for me, so think I'll get a full bag fitting later in the year, but for 2018 I'm certain I can cut my h/c by some way with what I have for now.

Thanks all for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
    I have used a Grafalloy Blue X in my driver for years, even though at the time my swing speed as on the higher side of a Stiff shaft in a heavier weight.
    Not that is a seriously stiff feeling shaft!! If you ever need to replace it, try an iron bar - or contact Alvato Quiros or Henrik, who apparently bought all stock when it was announced that production would cease!
    Adams Speedline 9.5* Tech Rul 54 S
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 13.5* Matrix Red Tie 70R
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 16.5* Matrix Red Tie 70S
    Adams XTD TI 20* at 21* Matrix Red Tie S
    Adams XTD TI 23* at 24* Matrix Red Tie S
    Titleist 913 27* Diamana Kuro Kage S
    MacGregor PCB Tour 6-PW S300
    Cleveland 588 Forged 52, 58
    Seemore Si1 33" or Bettinardi Baby Bee CS 33"

Ia Ora Te Natura
    E Mea Arofa Teie Ao Nei