Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Ignore Lists.

  1. #1
    Money List Winner Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    8,512

    Ignore Lists.

    Just a bit bored so my mind has been wandering a tad whilst browsing through the forum and some of the old threads/posts and then this thought crossed my mind;
    Am I on anyone's ignore list?
    I now I've disagreed with a few of you but surely not angered anyone to the point of being listed! If so, that's never been my intention.
    I've heard there is one but I've never even considered looking for it as I have absolutely no need and have never felt the need to ignore anyone on this forum.
    Of course, if I am on someone's ignore list I'll probably not get a response anyway.
    Just thinking out loud really ..................... the sad ramblings of an old man .

  2. #2
    Major Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    16,682

    Re: Ignore Lists.

    Who said that ?
    www.blackmoorgolf.co.uk

    Handicap 11.6

    Cooden Beach Centenary Fourball Betterball champion with Smiffy.

    www.justgiving.com/GolfMonthlyForumHFH2018

  3. #3
    Grand Slam Winner Imurg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aylesbury Bucks
    Posts
    23,401

    Re: Ignore Lists.

    The problem with putting someone on ignore is that threads then make even less sense than normal as people reply to a post you can't see....
    If someone quotes the post then you get to see it anyway....
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

    Handicap 7.9 at Whipsnade Park

    H4H Handicap challenge Vs r0wly86

    You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

  4. #4
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7,684

    Re: Ignore Lists.

    Didn't know there was an ignore list, but like everyone on here, I have a point of view and am happy to change my opinion especially when I ask a question " coz I don't know summat". Having said that it grips my poo when you read the same old same old and then the spelling police turn up that has no contribution to said topics whatso ever. Like where you have written " I now" instead of " I know". Me pointing that out adds nothing to the point you are raising. There are some posts that I read and think " not even gonna bother responding.

  5. #5
    Tour Winner davemc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: Ignore Lists.

    I thought this was gonna be a, who's on yours? question

    that would've been fun



    what happens when someone on ignore starts a thread? That'd be a bit weird
    H'cap 15

  6. #6
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,461

    Re: Ignore Lists.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    Didn't know there was an ignore list, but like everyone on here, I have a point of view and am happy to change my opinion especially when I ask a question " coz I don't know summat". Having said that it grips my poo when you read the same old same old and then the spelling police turn up that has no contribution to said topics whatso ever. Like where you have written " I now" instead of " I know". Me pointing that out adds nothing to the point you are raising. There are some posts that I read and think " not even gonna bother responding.
    Yep, and that's why I don't understand putting someone on ignore. If there is someone who's posts annoy me then I can simply scroll past them. I haven't studied the forum rules that closely but I'm fairly certain that I don't have to respond to a post or forum member I don't agree with, I can just keep scrolling.

  7. #7
    Ryder Cup Winner pauldj42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Seaham
    Posts
    13,555

    Re: Ignore Lists.

    Quote Originally Posted by ColchesterFC View Post
    Yep, and that's why I don't understand putting someone on ignore. If there is someone who's posts annoy me then I can simply scroll past them. I haven't studied the forum rules that closely but I'm fairly certain that I don't have to respond to a post or forum member I don't agree with, I can just keep scrolling.
    Far too sensible that mate, putting someone on ignore is playground behaviour.

  8. #8
    Major Champion chrisd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    19,332

    Re: Ignore Lists.

    I am the same as others, I have no one on an ignore list but some whose posts I never bother to read.
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

    Handicap 12.0

  9. #9
    Money List Winner therod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    5,414

    Re: Ignore Lists.

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    I am the same as others, I have no one on an ignore list but some whose posts I never bother to read.
    I always read posts by certain people, I like being reminded of what massive knobs there are out there!!!!
    Every the silly football threads, they give me a massive sense of superiority

  10. #10
    Money List Winner Beezerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gateshead, Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    5,810

    Re: Ignore Lists.

    Quote Originally Posted by ColchesterFC View Post
    Yep, and that's why I don't understand putting someone on ignore. If there is someone who's posts annoy me then I can simply scroll past them.
    Worse than that, the posts that claim someone is one their ignore list #pubbore

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Ian Poulter Responds After Shocking US Open Fan Behaviour

The European Ryder Cup hero was targeted by fans at the US Open in New York

June 18, 2018

Amy Mickelson: “He’s A Good Man Who Had A Bad Moment”

Phil Mickelson's wife has spoken out about her husband's actions on Saturday at the US Open

June 18, 2018

WATCH: Patrick Reed US Open Interview

Hear from Masters champion Patrick Reed after his 4th place finish

June 18, 2018

WATCH: Tommy Fleetwood US Open Interview

Hear what US Open runner-up Tommy Fleetwood had to say

June 18, 2018

WATCH: Brooks Koepka US Open Winner’s Interview

Hear what the US Open champ had to say after winning the tournament again

June 18, 2018