Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: Mark Crossfield signs with Titleist

It's up to Crossfield what he does and if Titleist are giving him a nice little financial kicker then good on him. But like others have said it now makes his reviews questionable. You can't give an unbiased opinion when you are being paid by one of the companies that will be on test if they are paying you.
    Taylormade 2017 M1 9.5* (set to 8.5) Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff shaft.............Taylormade R15 TP 3 wood Speeder 757 Tour Spec Stiff shaft.............Mizuno MP18-MMC Fli Hi 19* KBS C-Taper lite Stiff............Mizuno MP15 4-PW Stiff KBS C-taper Tour 120...............MP-T4 50* & 58* TTDG Wedge Flex..............Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2 Notchback..................Handicap index 3.2............Member @ http://stoneycreekgolf.com

Club Champion

With out actually seeing any club reviews since the deal was announced I don’t understand how anyone can be questioning his reviews on clubs - I will wait and see and then make my mind up.

I highly doubt they will change as he has been very consistent throughout his club reviews mainly telling viewers to get fitted.

Anyone who genuinely believes that the bigger YouTube golf channels take nothing from the manufacturers are naive to the extremes. And anyone who rushes out to buy a golf club after watching a bloke smash 5 balls into a net is nuts!! These channels, I believe, have to pump out the “look at this new driver” vlog or the “is x driver better than y driver” to appease the desperate masses who believe a new club is the answer to all their golfing woes. my view is that these channels are for entertainment and entertaining they are, sometimes. I enjoy watching scratch golfers have a knock, I find it more relatable, as opposed to watching your pros play, I bet you crossfield would be happy to never review another club again if it wasn’t a necessity.
    I hope this deal with Titleist helps him and his family enjoy a more financially secure life. Hard working people deserve nothing less. And let’s not forget... It costs us nothing to watch any of these channels, therefore is it right for any of us to really criticise?

Difficult to see how Crossfield will keep the independence of his reviews but it has to be a coup for him personally. It's his reviews I think will be difficult to continue objectively with but his other stuff should remain the same even with the deal

Tour Rookie

What about this for a review: All the clubs are basically the same and it is the Indian not the arrow.

That is very much the message Crossfield puts out anyway, so don't see how this makes any difference.

If muppets want to fall for advertising and hype, they can part with their money, long as they earned it spend it on what you like

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Difficult to see how Crossfield will keep the independence of his reviews but it has to be a coup for him personally. It's his reviews I think will be difficult to continue objectively with but his other stuff should remain the same even with the deal
    its quite simple really.... his message has been the same since day 1

majority of big club makers all make good stuff which is good enough...
    get lessons
    get fit for clubs

think he can still deliver that message whilst being sponsored
    In the bag
    TM M2 10.5 Driver
    TM M2 3 wood
    Ping G15 5 wood
    TM Jetspeed 3 Hybrid
    TM Jetspeed 4 Hybrid
    Titliest 716 ap1 6-PW
    SM5 vokey wedges 50, 54 , 58 degree
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 2 Ball with superstroke mid 2.0 grip

Quote Originally Posted by pauljames87 View Post
    its quite simple really.... his message has been the same since day 1

majority of big club makers all make good stuff which is good enough...
    get lessons
    get fit for clubs

think he can still deliver that message whilst being sponsored
    True and his mantra is the same on that front. I guess if I'm honest, he and most other youtube reviewers don't give any of the new releases a bad press, so either they all perform to a similar standard (at least in their hands) or they are frightened to bite the hands that feeds them in which case aren't they all flawed to a degree?

Head Pro

To be fair to Mark his club reviews have got less over the past 12 months. I don't watch his channel for that. I enjoy his coaching videos and like the games against other pros and course vlogs.

The other thing that's nice is he talks sense and days of as is. I know being tied to a manufacturer will put a few off his reviews, lets me honest though if he suddenly starts loosing 10 yards on a drive we know its a bad product.

Also it says something when Titleist was t to sponsor him as they are notorious for not paying huge sums to get players.
    Crewe GC. Hcp 7.3

Quote Originally Posted by Dasit View Post
    What about this for a review: All the clubs are basically the same and it is the Indian not the arrow.

That is very much the message Crossfield puts out anyway, so don't see how this makes any difference.

If muppets want to fall for advertising and hype, they can part with their money, long as they earned it spend it on what you like
    What does Indians and arrows have to do with golf are you on the right forum ?

How
    Mizuno MP 18's muscleback TM M4 DriverTM M2 3 Wood Glenearn Golf Club

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    True and his mantra is the same on that front. I guess if I'm honest, he and most other youtube reviewers don't give any of the new releases a bad press, so either they all perform to a similar standard (at least in their hands) or they are frightened to bite the hands that feeds them in which case aren't they all flawed to a degree?
    i have personally witnessed a well known magazine ask a well known you tuber to hit a certain driver harder than its rival.

after witnessing that i will always make up my own mind on equipment. i know you should anyway but marketing works!!!