Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Which country/countries would you not holiday and/or visit?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan2501 View Post
    Surprised Dubai is getting hated on, absolutely stunning city. Favourite place I've ever visited.

No holiday destinations I'd avoid really. Not overly keen on visiting Indian cities but I'm sure, like most places, there are nice areas to visit, and would love to see the Taj Mahal. China also doesn't particularly appeal but I've heard some good things from people who have been so wouldn't write it off completely.
    Whats great about Dubai, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Slime View Post
    That's a shame, Cumbria is absolutely beautiful.
    As is Croatia

Calls himself a golfer and would not visit or holiday in Scotland?
    Food options are the same as the rest of the UK too - Good and bad everywhere.
    Must be at least 20 strong regional accents up here but I guess we all just sound the same, like Liverpool and London?
    Last edited by maxfli65; 21-Dec-2017 at 10:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post
    Whats great about Dubai, then?
    The weather is incredible. Beautiful white sandy beaches, the ocean is like swimming in a bath. The food is exceptional. There is so much to see and do, the Burj Khalifa for example is a must see, you just can't imagine how spectacular it is until you see it in person. It's unbelievably easy to get around - the metro system is as good as any city transport system I've ever used. The water parks are brilliant. Not played golf there but there are some superb golf courses in the area not too far from the city. The people were very friendly, and it's not anywhere near as strict as I imagined it would be. I love Dubai, was only there for 3 days but absolutely loved it and will definitely be returning.
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 4-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

Handicap: 12

Lancaster GC

Quote Originally Posted by Dan2501 View Post
    The weather is incredible. Beautiful white sandy beaches, the ocean is like swimming in a bath. The food is exceptional. There is so much to see and do, the Burj Khalifa for example is a must see, you just can't imagine how spectacular it is until you see it in person. It's unbelievably easy to get around - the metro system is as good as any city transport system I've ever used. The water parks are brilliant. Not played golf there but there are some superb golf courses in the area not too far from the city. The people were very friendly, and it's not anywhere near as strict as I imagined it would be. I love Dubai, was only there for 3 days but absolutely loved it and will definitely be returning.
    Listen, I've never been, but out of all that paragraph the only place you have to go is a tall building. You say there is so much to see and do......well what then?

The others are available elsewhere, and a lot closer - sandy beaches, nice weather, water parks - Spain?

That's why I'm still not attracted to it. I may go and be having the same conversation with a non-convert, as you are, but when all said and done, no-one has given me a list of attractive things to do there.

The Khalifa, the Fountain displays, the Al-Arab hotel, the shopping malls are amazing, it's an hour from Abu Dhabi where you've got Ferrari World and the F1 track, and then there's the desert tours by camel, the miracle garden. The whole place just feels special, it's so clean, so well presented, so well organised, I loved it. If you'd rather just go to Spain though, that's up to you, but personally I loved the whole experience of visiting Dubai and enjoy seeing new places and experiencing new things.
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 4-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

Handicap: 12

Lancaster GC

Quote Originally Posted by Pin-seeker View Post
    I thought the food in Turkey was fantastic.
    Some of the people can be a bit much tho.
    Turkish food is the food of the Gods.
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy or some other one that wrecks my score.
    Balls - Nike PD Soft. Until I've lost them all.

These days I dont really want to go further than Europe or North America so everywhere else is out with exception of South Africa and Japan.
    Cannot be bothered anymore with dirt poor hassly places where you stand out like a sore thumb, been there done that.
    Holidaying in the UK is ok but doesn't feel like a proper holiday in some regards so I might include UK too.

Reading through the thread, I remembered Iceland is a great place to visit, peculiar scenery as lots of it is lava fields, black beaches, Geyser, Gulfoss, Blue Lagoon, great for a long weekend not so much for any longer unless of course you were playing golf. A few mentioned Morocco as a no go, I may have to go there next year through work, Rabat and Casablanca mainly.

As for Dubai, I know a few people who have been and have gone back, but from what they tell me, it is damn expensive and apart from the big building, there's nothing else there that appeals.
    If you've been smoking something you shouldn't and you see something that walks like a duck, sounds like a duck and looks like a duck, then it's probably a dog or a bag of peas.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyface View Post
    Turkish food is the food of the Gods.
    Even the none traditional Turkish food was spot on.
    Steak was amazing.

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Did 10 days in Dubai in May. Will only go back to Dubai as my cousin lives there and so have free accommodation on The Walk at JBR. Great stuff to do - and we did it - but didn't really take to the place.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done