Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: The Last Jedi *Potential Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by lukeysafc100 View Post
    You're wrong it was awesome! Perfect fit to the force awakens! It fits perfect in the star wars story - it wasn't predictable - I enjoyed that aspect - I thought something was going to happen then the opposite happened! Perfect balance of good vs evil!
    Glad you enjoyed it.
    Handicap - 3

Titleist 910 D2
    Titleist 913F 17*
    Titleist 913H 21*
    Taylormade TP MC Irons
    Titleist vokeys 50' 54' 58'
    Odyssey white hot

Quote Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
    I thought it was very good with a number of surprises. Can see the whole 'the force is in everyone and not just a few' thing becoming an issue in the next one. All the hype about Rey's family to find they were just ordinary junkers (assuming that is true) and she is nobody special, then the boy at the end showing force powers. Guessing in episode 9 a whole army of ordinary 'jedi' will form the bulk of the resistance under the guidance of Rey.

Equally like the way that they got rid of Snoke with no explanation or backstory. Clearly the story here is the development of Kylo Ren rather than the development of Snoke as a character. Pretty much the same happened in Star Wars, Tarkin was the senior character in the Empire but after he was killed off Vader shone.
    I get that, the whole running theme of the film is to let the past die, kill it if you have to and Disney are obviously keen to move on with a whole cast of new characters. I really do get that, but I would suggest there are more subtle and balanced ways of doing it without letting a lot of people down.

Would you agree that a large element of the fanbase wer always going to be unhappy with it, that the film will definitely divide opinions and that the universal high % critic ratings are somewhat misleading??
    Last edited by lobthewedge; 18-Dec-2017 at 13:37.
    Handicap - 3

Titleist 910 D2
    Titleist 913F 17*
    Titleist 913H 21*
    Taylormade TP MC Irons
    Titleist vokeys 50' 54' 58'
    Odyssey white hot

Not sure really. I guess I am part of that fan base that could be disappointed. No doubt the aim by the end of the next film was to have removed the old cast and have a younger cast in place. Leia would have been the last to go but nature has put paid to that plan. Luke will be back as a force ghost in the last one as, I suspect, will be yoda, Kenobi and Annakin.

Has Snoke gone for good, who knows. Plenty of graphic novels etc that make reference to clone bodies etc so he could be back.

I thought that there was enough reference and reverence to keep fans happy but that appears not to be the case.

I liked it both as a film and a continuation of the Star Wars story
    The Current Bag
    Pretty Much Everything Adams Blue
    Orka J29 52 and 56 degree wedges
    Titleist Vokjey 48 degree gap wedge
    TM Big Fontana Putter
    Bridgestone Extra Soft Balls
    Nike Bag on an I-Cart Trolley

AND THE WINNER IS...............

http://www.beltonpark.co.uk/

Handicap 14.9

Took the weeman to see it on Friday, i enjoyed it, he loved it so a win win for us. However, it wasnt memorable, it was canny, and worth a watch, but probably a 6.5/10. Some very good bits, some very cringeworthy bits too. The leia thing was laughable, it just looked all kinds of wrong IMO, I enjoyed Rogue one more that either of the the other two newer releases.
    Ping G400 10.5 Tour 65 x
    Ping G400 3 wood Tour 65 x
    Taylormade 2 iron Ctaper Stiff
    Mizuno JPX900 Tours Ctaper Stiff
    Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS V90
    Scotty Cameron Newport M1

Or as one of my reporter colleagues put it, "since when did Leia turn into Mary Poppins?"

Just come back from watching it. I loved it and so did the rest of the family. Didn't understand the Leia bit, they do know she's not alive in real life now?

Great sets, great scenes, cracking new characters. Fabulous light sabre fight and Yoda doing a little jig. It ticked my boxes.

Incidentally, I know there was more to the character than the obvious but was anyone else secretly cheering when Laura Dern's character bit the dust? Just nothing endearing about her at all. Either oddly played or oddly written.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    Incidentally, I know there was more to the character than the obvious but was anyone else secretly cheering when Laura Dern's character bit the dust? Just nothing endearing about her at all. Either oddly played or oddly written.
    Oddly written imo, thought she was there to demonstrate to Po that impetuosity and knee jerk reactions weren't the way to go, then turned out Po was probably right after the mutiny, then she did a brave thing and took one for the team with her kamikaze action. We were supposed to dislike her then like her?
    Fact we'd never seen or heard of her before her sudden promotion (unless I'd nodded off) to overall commander of rebels was poor writing.

I am not deep enough to critique, a film is a film, i took my lad last night and we both enjoyed it!
    Owner of golf clubs, dusty golf clubs...

Talks a lot of sense on twitter @scottroots

Quote Originally Posted by maxfli65 View Post
    Oddly written imo, thought she was there to demonstrate to Po that impetuosity and knee jerk reactions weren't the way to go, then turned out Po was probably right after the mutiny, then she did a brave thing and took one for the team with her kamikaze action. We were supposed to dislike her then like her?
    Fact we'd never seen or heard of her before her sudden promotion (unless I'd nodded off) to overall commander of rebels was poor writing.
    Agreed. She also could have simply told him her plan. Even if we as the viewers didn't know it he could have been told, disagree with it perhaps. As it was she just came as aloof and unlikeable.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter