Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Last Jedi *Potential Spoilers*

Going to be very careful with spoilers, last thing I want to do is ruin it for anyone before they see it, but at the same time I am keen to see if there are any other sad individuals out there that went to a midnight showing last night?

What did you make of it?

Hate to say it, but I am a little disappointed this morning. I really enjoyed the Force Awakens and Rogue One, think they were a welcome return to form after the mixed bag of the prequels, but think they have dropped the ball somewhat with this latest offering.
    Handicap - 3

Titleist 910 D2
    Titleist 913F 17*
    Titleist 913H 21*
    Taylormade TP MC Irons
    Titleist vokeys 50' 54' 58'
    Odyssey white hot

Re: The Last Jedi *Potential Spoilers*

I enjoyed it although it didn't make any lasting 'wow' impact

it sits (as intended I guess) as a link film in a trilogy only diluted a little bit given its place within a trilogy of trilogies

These episodes are basically re-telling the same general plot outline as 4,5&6

edit: Oh and the absolute worst thing was I had to watch in 3D with no regular option available
    Last edited by Slab; 15-Dec-2017 at 03:43.

17-year old shark loved it as a die-hard Star Wars fan. I've loved the other films (prequels don't count) - thought Rogue One was the best of them all. Thought this was utter crap. The bit when Leia got blown into space and then flew herself back to safety was the last straw. Really disappointed and would give it 1/10 for the opening sequence only.

Quote Originally Posted by Pathetic Shark View Post
    17-year old shark loved it as a die-hard Star Wars fan. I've loved the other films (prequels don't count) - thought Rogue One was the best of them all. Thought this was utter crap. The bit when Leia got blown into space and then flew herself back to safety was the last straw. Really disappointed and would give it 1/10 for the opening sequence only.
    Not sure about 1/10, might be kind and give it a 4/10.

You’re bang on about the Leia supergirl impersonation, there was an audible laugh in the cinema when they sprang that bit on us.
    Handicap - 3

Titleist 910 D2
    Titleist 913F 17*
    Titleist 913H 21*
    Taylormade TP MC Irons
    Odyssey white hot

Club Champion

Quote Originally Posted by lobthewedge View Post
    Not sure about 1/10, might be kind and give it a 4/10.

You’re bang on about the Leia supergirl impersonation, there was an audible laugh in the cinema when they sprang that bit on us.
    Think I just sat there with my mouth open, thinking WTF - very bizarre. Also, would have given them an out in terms of Episode 9 and Carrie no longer being with us.
    Enjoyed Rogue One more but still enjoyed it. However, heard comments that people thought it was better than Empire - I'm assuming those people have never seen TESB.

Quote Originally Posted by Patster1969 View Post
    Think I just sat there with my mouth open, thinking WTF - very bizarre. Also, would have given them an out in terms of Episode 9 and Carrie no longer being with us.
    Enjoyed Rogue One more but still enjoyed it. However, heard comments that people thought it was better than Empire - I'm assuming those people have never seen TESB.
    Would have made more sense to have Leia sacrifice herself with the kamikaze light speed trick instead of her 2nd in command. That way the Resistance get their martyr and Carrie Fisher gets a good heroic send off. SImples.
    Handicap - 3

Titleist 910 D2
    Titleist 913F 17*
    Titleist 913H 21*
    Taylormade TP MC Irons
    Odyssey white hot

Has the cast of "Big Bang Theory" joined the Forum?

Saw the last Star Wars on a plane and turned off after 40 minutes...... if you keep squeezing an orange, eventually you are only left with pips
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    Has the cast of "Big Bang Theory" joined the Forum?
    The midnight showings on Wednesday night were a bit of an eye opener Ian. Reminded me of Big Bang, plenty of 40 year old virgins types and too many grown men dressed up and generally taking things a bit too far. My Stormtrooper gear looked great though - just kidding!
    Handicap - 3

Titleist 910 D2
    Titleist 913F 17*
    Titleist 913H 21*
    Taylormade TP MC Irons
    Odyssey white hot

Just laughed out loud in the office!
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Apart from the Leia bit, fair point, I thought it was better than the last one.