Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Clause 19

  1. #11

    Re: Clause 19

    Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    You NR’d that particular hole as you couldn’t score and picked up, what was entered on that hole by the person marking your card?
    Just a line through that particular hole. The 9 was put on by whoever checks the cards after. Every player, for every NR'd hole, had a 9. Some players had 4 or more "9"s. In most cases this won't be an issue because if you are going up it's always 0.1 right? But in my case, that one 9 put me one shot outside the buffer zone and therefore I went up. From what I understand of clause 19, a NR hole should have been a nett double bogey, which in my case would have been 7, and would have put me inside the buffer zone and therefore had no increase.

  2. #12

    Re: Clause 19

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin L View Post
    Where are you seeing these scores?
    They are available to view on howdidido

  3. #13
    Ryder Cup Winner pauldj42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Seaham
    Posts
    12,094

    Re: Clause 19

    Quote Originally Posted by 9860 View Post
    Just a line through that particular hole. The 9 was put on by whoever checks the cards after. Every player, for every NR'd hole, had a 9. Some players had 4 or more "9"s. In most cases this won't be an issue because if you are going up it's always 0.1 right? But in my case, that one 9 put me one shot outside the buffer zone and therefore I went up. From what I understand of clause 19, a NR hole should have been a nett double bogey, which in my case would have been 7, and would have put me inside the buffer zone and therefore had no increase.
    Who enters your cards on to the system?

  4. #14
    Global Moderator Twire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Exeter..ish - Devon
    Posts
    3,295

    Re: Clause 19

    Quote Originally Posted by 9860 View Post
    Just a line through that particular hole. The 9 was put on by whoever checks the cards after. Every player, for every NR'd hole, had a 9. Some players had 4 or more "9"s. In most cases this won't be an issue because if you are going up it's always 0.1 right? But in my case, that one 9 put me one shot outside the buffer zone and therefore I went up. From what I understand of clause 19, a NR hole should have been a nett double bogey, which in my case would have been 7, and would have put me inside the buffer zone and therefore had no increase.
    Were you playing a Medal or a Stableford?.... Just re-read OP so it was a Stableford. In that case it doesn't matter if you had a 7 or 77 on your card. For handicap purposes it's based on points scored and you didn't score on that hole.
    Last edited by Twire; 07-Dec-2017 at 09:46.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old.....We grow old because we stop playing.

  5. #15
    Global Moderator Twire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Exeter..ish - Devon
    Posts
    3,295

    Re: Clause 19

    Quote Originally Posted by Twire View Post
    Were you playing a Medal or a Stableford?.... Just re-read OP so it was a Stableford. In that case it doesn't matter if you had a 7 or 77 on your card. For handicap purposes it's based on points scored and you didn't score on that hole.
    Just to add if we don't score on a hole and pick up, we enter a 0 on our system.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old.....We grow old because we stop playing.

  6. #16
    Ryder Cup Winner pauldj42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Seaham
    Posts
    12,094

    Re: Clause 19

    Quote Originally Posted by Twire View Post
    Just to add if we don't score on a hole and pick up, we enter a 0 on our system.
    Hence my question, we enter NR, the arbitary 9 does seem a bit odd.

  7. #17

    Re: Clause 19

    Quote Originally Posted by Twire View Post
    Just to add if we don't score on a hole and pick up, we enter a 0 on our system.
    That explains everything thank you. I was under the impression that even in a stableford, handicap was adjusted by your stroke score, this clears it up thank you

  8. #18
    Journeyman Pro Bunkermagnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    1,556

    Re: Clause 19

    Quote Originally Posted by Twire View Post
    If you were playing a Medal round that hole should be rounded down to a nett double bogie for handicap purposes. i.e. at the point you would score no points in stableford.
    If you were playing a medal and you picked up, you would mark an nr. However in likelihood he would have putted out.
    Just clarifying your point re nett double bogey which is correct for handicapping, but you must still mark a card with a correct score/outcome.
    When we enter our stableford scores, our touch screen system has an nr option on each hole.
    Forever trying.

  9. #19
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,924

    Re: Clause 19

    The system software will be converting a NR for the hole (normally entered as a 0) into a 9. But I don't know if it is the HDID display system or the handicapping software itself (Club2000/V1)

    I'm not sure what it will show when 54 caps come in and a player who gets 3 strokes on a par 5 blobs it as opposed to scoring gross 9, 10 or 11.

  10. #20
    Ryder Cup Winner drive4show's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Poole, Dorset
    Posts
    10,514

    Re: Clause 19

    How many points did you score in total for your round and what was the CSS for the competition? That will help us work out whether the 0.1 was correct or not (I'm sure it will be but we are here to help )

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Golfer Pays $210,000 For A Lesson With Tiger Woods

How much would you pay for a lesson with Tiger?

December 13, 2017

Southwood Golf Course To Close

Southwood Golf Course in Farnborough is to close and will be turned into a natural green space

December 13, 2017

10 New Year’s Resolutions For Every Golfer

A new year calls for new resolutions. It’s time to wipe the worries of 2017 away and start over with a fresh new slate. Dust off your clubs, stock up on tees and forget about all those three putts. Enjoy your golf game even more this season by taking up these New Year’s resolutions. By Sam Tremlett

December 12, 2017

Golf To Scrap Viewer Call-Ins On Rules Infringements

Golf's governing bodies have responded to the Lexi Thompson debacle in April

December 11, 2017

Shubhankar Sharma wins Joburg Open

Shubhankar Sharma of India held his nerve to win the weather-delayed Joburg Open at the Randpark Golf Club by three shots from South Africa’s Erik Van Rooyen.

December 11, 2017