Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clause 19

Re: Clause 19

Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    You NR’d that particular hole as you couldn’t score and picked up, what was entered on that hole by the person marking your card?
    Just a line through that particular hole. The 9 was put on by whoever checks the cards after. Every player, for every NR'd hole, had a 9. Some players had 4 or more "9"s. In most cases this won't be an issue because if you are going up it's always 0.1 right? But in my case, that one 9 put me one shot outside the buffer zone and therefore I went up. From what I understand of clause 19, a NR hole should have been a nett double bogey, which in my case would have been 7, and would have put me inside the buffer zone and therefore had no increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin L View Post
    Where are you seeing these scores?
    They are available to view on howdidido

Quote Originally Posted by 9860 View Post
    Just a line through that particular hole. The 9 was put on by whoever checks the cards after. Every player, for every NR'd hole, had a 9. Some players had 4 or more "9"s. In most cases this won't be an issue because if you are going up it's always 0.1 right? But in my case, that one 9 put me one shot outside the buffer zone and therefore I went up. From what I understand of clause 19, a NR hole should have been a nett double bogey, which in my case would have been 7, and would have put me inside the buffer zone and therefore had no increase.
    Who enters your cards on to the system?

Quote Originally Posted by 9860 View Post
    Were you playing a Medal or a Stableford?.... Just re-read OP so it was a Stableford. In that case it doesn't matter if you had a 7 or 77 on your card. For handicap purposes it's based on points scored and you didn't score on that hole.
    Last edited by Twire; 07-Dec-2017 at 09:46.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old.....We grow old because we stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Twire View Post
    Were you playing a Medal or a Stableford?.... Just re-read OP so it was a Stableford. In that case it doesn't matter if you had a 7 or 77 on your card. For handicap purposes it's based on points scored and you didn't score on that hole.
    Just to add if we don't score on a hole and pick up, we enter a 0 on our system.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old.....We grow old because we stop playing.

Just to add if we don't score on a hole and pick up, we enter a 0 on our system.
    Hence my question, we enter NR, the arbitary 9 does seem a bit odd.

That explains everything thank you. I was under the impression that even in a stableford, handicap was adjusted by your stroke score, this clears it up thank you

If you were playing a Medal round that hole should be rounded down to a nett double bogie for handicap purposes. i.e. at the point you would score no points in stableford.
    If you were playing a medal and you picked up, you would mark an nr. However in likelihood he would have putted out.
    Just clarifying your point re nett double bogey which is correct for handicapping, but you must still mark a card with a correct score/outcome.
    When we enter our stableford scores, our touch screen system has an nr option on each hole.
    Forever trying.

Tour Winner

The system software will be converting a NR for the hole (normally entered as a 0) into a 9. But I don't know if it is the HDID display system or the handicapping software itself (Club2000/V1)

I'm not sure what it will show when 54 caps come in and a player who gets 3 strokes on a par 5 blobs it as opposed to scoring gross 9, 10 or 11.

How many points did you score in total for your round and what was the CSS for the competition? That will help us work out whether the 0.1 was correct or not (I'm sure it will be but we are here to help )