Page 229 of 263 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2622

Thread: World Cup 2018

Re: World Cup 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron View Post
    So I think France will win the final. Good solid team with some electric pace up front (and Giroud) backed up by a creative midfield.

Think Croatia played their final this evening
    France would have beaten either teams I reckon
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by clubchamp98 View Post
    Just not good enough in midfield , no creativity.
    Just one question for me ďIs Kane to big to be substituted ď
    He was to deep , never kept up with play , even in the first half we had no presence in the box.
    The time to bring Vardy on was when we were winning and they were pushing forward.
    The spaces were there then .
    But he waited until we were 2-1 down and they were sitting back.

Pub team defending for their second goal.

Very dissapointing But it was good to be there.
    Its never easy supporting England but thought Croatia deserved it.
    here's another question for you, had that been Sterling that missed those chances tonight, how would the public be reacting ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    here's another question for you, had that been Sterling that missed those chances tonight, how would the public be reacting ?
    Slightly worse but youíre just trying to prod a pimple, sad really mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezerk View Post
    Are you stalking me...mate?
    What did I say in comparison with the CL final?
    Nope, better things to do with my time.

You tell the mods to castigate poisoned views, well look at your previous crap first. As I say hypocrite.

Head Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Anyway back to the match

A few of England issues got found out tonight

Walker at the back - he isnít a CB and whilst he can get away with lapses of concentration at right back you canít do it at CB

They just didnít have the creativity to try something different than a set peice , Sterling again had a good game , his runs were superb and when he went off their backline prob breathed a little easier , sorry but Rashford wasnít great when he came on , Ali was all over the place. Another very hard working game from Young and Lingard , Kane in open play has worked very hard but lacked a little quality on the ball

For me four players stand out for England and it also highlights a reason why they just fell short

Pickford , Maguire , Henderson and Trippier

All four have been superb in every game they played - Pickford was superb tonight prob the Motm , Maguire was solid again , Henderson gets nothing but stick but Iím glad some have seen how good a player he is and Englandís best player is Trippier - he has prob earned himself a very big money move
    Some interesting comments, most of which I agree with, in particular about the four best players. Think overall Trippier had the best tournament or at least was certainly most surprising.

Regards tonight, our biggest weakness was found out, and like I said before the match we were found out in midfield battle. There 3 got too much space and time in second half and the quality told. Whilst I agree Henderson had a good tournament he was far too exposed tonight and we need a player of similar quality to come through so we can get them on at the 60/70 min mark with fresh legs.

Donít quite agree with the sterling/rashford assessment, think rashford was much more direct and offered a different approach, donít think defences are particularly terrified of just raw pace anymore, maybe 10 years ago. But thatís a bit simplistic now. Although he can be brilliant when him alli and Lingard are playing quick interchanges.

He was spot on.
    He was, usually is. I donít think weíll get a better chance draw wise ever again. Weíll have to do it the hard way in future, but the English team is in a better place than 2 years ago, when we lost to a supermarket

The national obsession with scapegoats will probably start now, but thankfully everyone did their bit.

That said, I think Vardy should have been on for Alli or Lingard earlier and/or Loftus cheek. Southgate has done a fantastic job overall, though

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Beezerk View Post
    Slightly worse but youíre just trying to prod a pimple, sad really mate.

What are you talking about ?? You ask a question, is Kane too big to be subbed, I ask, what is Sterling had missed those chances ?? Stop reading things that aren't there...

Now again, Sterling would've been lynched had he missed those chances, Kane....oh may be he's carrying an injury etc.

Journeyman Pro

Thought Sterling was ok tonight but Kane dosnt look himself can you carry an injured player because heís captain.
    He didnít look fit to me.
    He should have squared it to Sterling in first half

Its all ifs and buts, but Kane is the MAIN striker Sterling isnít.

Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post
    Nope, better things to do with my time.

You tell the mods to castigate poisoned views, well look at your previous crap first. As I say hypocrite.
    Hmmm.
    The mafia has spoken again, inboxes must have been busy over the last 12 months or so.