Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now Tv

Tour Rookie

Now Tv

I note that now tv are offering a 'good' deal for the sports channel, £199 for 12 months.

I am an existing customer, so cant seem to get it as it says new customers.

Does anyone know how now tv works, if my wife set up a new account in her name and purchased it as she loves golf and wishes to watch it and I would not want to watch it, would we be able to access both accounts from the same devices, just by switching between log ins ?

Or I suspect that it cant be done and its tough or could I delete my account and just have my wifes one for the next year

Head Pro

Re: Now Tv

Can’t help with your question, but thanks for the heads up, I’m just about to cancel Sky and move to Now TV!

May be a problem. A while back Carling were offering free vouchers, maximum 3 per customer. I got up to 4 separate IDs before the offer expir NY ha rmed. When the next one came along I tried to log on under another ID & it kept going back to my original one. It may have just been a cookie I could delete, I didn't try deleting cookies.

It wouldn't do any harm to try to register another ID. Let us know how you get on.

P. S. You can log on with multiple IDs once you have registered. I can use any of my four, just can't create any more!
    Last edited by Maninblack4612; 22-Nov-2017 at 18:45.
    Taylormade M1 9½°, Matrix Black Tie 6M3 Regular
    Taylormade SLDR 3 wood
    Taylormade SLDR 5 wood
    TaylormadeSLDR Rescue 22°
    Mizuno JPX850 forged irons 4 - PW
    Titelist Vokey 50 & 58 wedges
    Cure RX4 putter (heavyweight magic wand)
    Vice Pro Plus ball
    H/C 9 @ ssgc.co.uk

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Confused abot Now TV.

What's the point of the Now TV Box? I had a look yesterday to see what's on offer from Now TV but just got confused by the website.

I note I am a Sky and Netflix customer - looking to ditch Sky Sports - and thinking of subscribing to Sky Golf. So what does Now TV give me that I wouldn't then have.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

Job done

Ryder Cup Winner

If you want a good case of BBC MissReporting Scotland bias it is the story of the Police/Fire services VAT bill.

Along with a few brainless opposition politicians they are having a real dig at the SNP whilst blanking the fact that ALL of the Scottish political parties voted in favour of it.

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
    If you want a good case of BBC MissReporting Scotland bias it is the story of the Police/Fire services VAT bill.

Along with a few brainless opposition politicians they are having a real dig at the SNP whilst blanking the fact that ALL of the Scottish political parties voted in favour of it.
    I generally don't go along with the SNP whinging about BBC Scotland News - of which I have watched a lot over the last few years.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

Job done

Medal Winner

I've had a couple of NowTv accounts in the past to get around the four device limit but got fed up with signing in and out so back to one account now.

What annoys me is that I can't just sign up to Sky Sports Golf I have to have the whole package even though I only ever watch one of the channels.
    Ping G20 Driver - Old Wilson Steel Shafted 3 Wood - Ping Karsten 3 & 4 Hybrids - Taylormade Aeroburner HL Irons 5-SW - Vokey 50° & 60° Wedges - Ping Sigma G Ketsch B Putter

Tour Rookie

Know what you mean about having to pay for the extra channels.

Thanks for all the replies from people, very helpful. Will get the wife to set up a new one later and see how it goes. Luckily I don't have anything working on my account now, so would not need to log in and out. Will update thread in the next couple of days.

SILH, I think you only need the now TV box, if your telly isn't already a smart telly or is a smart telly but isn't support by the NOW TV app(for instance we have one smart telly that we cant install now tv on, as there is no 'app' and therefore would need the box for). NOw TV is not the solution to the sky sports problem, you still have to buy the whole sky sports bundle which iirc costs £33.99 a month, ignoring any special or black Friday deals.

Medal Winner

Looks like you don't need a new account as long as you don't have any offers applied to your current account: https://help.nowtv.com/article/black-friday
    Ping G20 Driver - Old Wilson Steel Shafted 3 Wood - Ping Karsten 3 & 4 Hybrids - Taylormade Aeroburner HL Irons 5-SW - Vokey 50° & 60° Wedges - Ping Sigma G Ketsch B Putter

Does anyone know what the minimum broadband download speed required is for this? On a good day I get 2.8 Mbps which decreases at peak times.