Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

The Ashes 2017/18

2 Days until the Ashes starts and not a thread posted as of yet so thought i'd get the ball rolling!

Lots of mouth already from the Aussies, mainly from Nathan Lyon and Matty Hayden, talking about ending careers and not knowing who most of the england squad are.

Impressed that the same hasnt been coming from our camp considering I genuinely do not know who some of the aussie squad are. Hoping that we can do a job on them because the debacle of 4 years ago needs avenging and i feel like we can really punish them on home soil.

Stokes will be missed massively as last time out he was the only one, imho, that had a decent series or even stood up to be counted.
    In The Bag & Club:
    • Driver - Titleist 913D2 9.5° - Diamana 62 S+ Blue
    • Fairway Wood - Cobra King F7 15.5° Draw Bias - Fujikura Pro 65S
    • Hybrid - Titleist 816H1 19° - Diamana S+ 70 Silver
    • Irons - Titleist AP2 716 4 - PW - Dynamic Gold XP 115 S300 - Std Length, 1° Upright
    • Wedges - Cleveland RTX-3 50°, 54° & 58° all V-MG
    • Putter - Ping Cadence TR Anser 2
    • Balls - Vice Pro+
    • HCP 2017 - 12.4 > 12.0 > 11.4 > 11.6
    • Sandbach Golf Club
    • www.sandbachgolfclub.co.uk

Re: The Ashes 2017/18

It's going to be a tough one to follow, for me, due to the time zone and coverage only on BT. It could be a tour that just passes me by, particularly if we are getting stuffed .

I heard a few ex pros saying how important the test at Brisbane is. It will set the tone for the whole tour. England need to hold on as best they can.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Radius Classic No. 7 Putter

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    It's going to be a tough one to follow, for me, due to the time zone and coverage only on BT. It could be a tour that just passes me by, particularly if we are getting stuffed .

I heard a few ex pros saying how important the test at Brisbane is. It will set the tone for the whole tour. England need to hold on as best they can.
    I dont think its a case of holding on mate, i think we have a decent enough side compared to theirs. We just need to build innings rather than getting after it early doors. Stoneman is going to be tested by hazelwood and starc (I think cummins is pretty bonk if im honest) but if he digs in there is good runs to be scored on quick outfields down under. Its all about how long we can bat for, i think we have the bowling to knock them over its just about getting runs on the board.
    In The Bag & Club:
    • Driver - Titleist 913D2 9.5° - Diamana 62 S+ Blue
    • Fairway Wood - Cobra King F7 15.5° Draw Bias - Fujikura Pro 65S
    • Hybrid - Titleist 816H1 19° - Diamana S+ 70 Silver
    • Irons - Titleist AP2 716 4 - PW - Dynamic Gold XP 115 S300 - Std Length, 1° Upright
    • Wedges - Cleveland RTX-3 50°, 54° & 58° all V-MG
    • Putter - Ping Cadence TR Anser 2
    • Balls - Vice Pro+
    • HCP 2017 - 12.4 > 12.0 > 11.4 > 11.6
    • Sandbach Golf Club
    • www.sandbachgolfclub.co.uk

Pretty bonk? Is that good or bad. Sorry I'm not up to date with current word usage.
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

Quote Originally Posted by Jates12 View Post
    I dont think its a case of holding on mate, i think we have a decent enough side compared to theirs. We just need to build innings rather than getting after it early doors. Stoneman is going to be tested by hazelwood and starc (I think cummins is pretty bonk if im honest) but if he digs in there is good runs to be scored on quick outfields down under. Its all about how long we can bat for, i think we have the bowling to knock them over its just about getting runs on the board.
    I think that it is a great summing up. We have not been great at batting time recently though. They need to that 1st test.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Radius Classic No. 7 Putter

Stoneman has played a decent amount of Aussie grade cricket. He should be used to quick, slippery pitches. Hopefully.

We are probably a slightly better side on paper, yet playing away we are slight underdogs. I think the louder the Aussies talk the more they are covering up their deficiencies.

Get a draw or a win at the GABBA and we are on!

Hopefully Lyon will get 0-215
    Titleist 910 D3 RIP x-stiff
    Titleist 915F 3W Rogue x-stiff

Mizuno H4 2i DG X100
    Mizuno MP53 3-PW DG X100

Cleveland CG15 DSG 52°, 58°
    Odyssey Sabretooth 33" with VIBE

Callaway Chrome Soft X Truvis Yellow/Black Footballs
    Titleist RC Cart Bag
    Under Armour Golf Shoes
    Garmin S1
    No official h/c
    PW Swing. 6i Swing. 3i Swing.

Tour Winner

Hayden's comments are pretty lame considering he is supposed to be a pundit.

The Aussie chat is so predictable that it is just boring now. I fear that the actual cricket is not going to match the hype and the series turns into something akin to a pantomime.

TBH batting i think the sides are pretty even, they have it when it comes to pace bowling though, i think Stokes is the big loss.

a tight series with who ever has the least batting collapses winning the series
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Team the Aussies have picked is really weird. Tim Paine keeping wicket despite not keeping wicket domestically for years since his injury, dropping Renshaw because some high profile former players slagged him off in the press, directors announcing a focus on bringing youth through and then picking Shaun Marsh again. Don't think they're in a much better position than us really, I could see us pulling off a win if the top order click, Stokes is a huge loss though.
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 4-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

Handicap: 14.0

Lancaster GC

The trash talking (especially from Lyon) is typically Ozzie and boring. I'm glad we're rising above it. I think the Ozzie attack is better than ours, and as much as it pains me to say it, Hazlewood, Starc and Lyon are class. Lyon in particular has developed into a world class test spinner. I think it will be a very close contest. We need Anderson and Broad to step up big time.
    H/cap 6.7,