Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 101
  1. #41
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Shrewsbury, Shropshire
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: Conwy - December/January time

    Checked in pro shop yesterday and it looks like I have slightly misunderstood (DOH!). Adam cant sign anyone in as he is a junior still but Joanne and I can sign in upto 6 guests at the £15.00 per round, then its £35.00 round.

    We have 3 tee times booked currently, so we can all play and think the following have shown interest :-

    Liverbirdie
    Jates12
    Davemc1
    StuartC
    Nashy
    Green Bay Hacker
    Duffers

    If all 7 turn up, then it would work out at 6*£15 plus 1*£35 = £125/7 = £17.86 per person, but more likely someone wont turn up and it will just be the £15.00. If it doesn't work for anyone can always arrange another game at a later date.

    Don't mind who teams up with who, can either throw balls up or you can pick your partners.

    Course was basically dry, so no mud round your ankles. Roads from here to Conwy as always are free flowing.

  2. #42
    Ryder Cup Winner Liverbirdie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    14,007

    Re: Conwy - December/January time

    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenWilliams View Post
    Checked in pro shop yesterday and it looks like I have slightly misunderstood (DOH!). Adam cant sign anyone in as he is a junior still but Joanne and I can sign in upto 6 guests at the £15.00 per round, then its £35.00 round.

    We have 3 tee times booked currently, so we can all play and think the following have shown interest :-

    Liverbirdie
    Jates12
    Davemc1
    StuartC
    Nashy
    Green Bay Hacker
    Duffers

    If all 7 turn up, then it would work out at 6*£15 plus 1*£35 = £125/7 = £17.86 per person, but more likely someone wont turn up and it will just be the £15.00. If it doesn't work for anyone can always arrange another game at a later date.

    Don't mind who teams up with who, can either throw balls up or you can pick your partners.

    Course was basically dry, so no mud round your ankles. Roads from here to Conwy as always are free flowing.
    Happy to pay the extra if 7 turn up - alternatively just bin Davey mac.

  3. #43
    Journeyman Pro Green Bay Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,174

    Re: Conwy - December/January time

    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenWilliams View Post
    Checked in pro shop yesterday and it looks like I have slightly misunderstood (DOH!). Adam cant sign anyone in as he is a junior still but Joanne and I can sign in upto 6 guests at the £15.00 per round, then its £35.00 round.

    We have 3 tee times booked currently, so we can all play and think the following have shown interest :-

    Liverbirdie
    Jates12
    Davemc1
    StuartC
    Nashy
    Green Bay Hacker
    Duffers

    If all 7 turn up, then it would work out at 6*£15 plus 1*£35 = £125/7 = £17.86 per person, but more likely someone wont turn up and it will just be the £15.00. If it doesn't work for anyone can always arrange another game at a later date.

    Don't mind who teams up with who, can either throw balls up or you can pick your partners.

    Course was basically dry, so no mud round your ankles. Roads from here to Conwy as always are free flowing.
    Thanks Darren. Pretty slow going out there yesterday. Our match play games had to join up into 4balls to help the flow.
    Ping G400 driver, G400 5 wood, G400 2 Hybrid, Ping G20 irons 5-PW, Titleist 52, 60 Vokey wedges, Callaway Sure Out 56 wedge,Odyssey White Hot putter.

  4. #44
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Shrewsbury, Shropshire
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: Conwy - December/January time

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bay Hacker View Post
    Thanks Darren. Pretty slow going out there yesterday. Our match play games had to join up into 4balls to help the flow.
    We teed off at midday, was next after the team games I think we had 3-4 holes clear holes ahead of us, but caught up with the group in front of us by the 8th, so Joanne/Adam went off to the clubhouse at the 11th tee to get coffees to warm up.

    Think we finished at about 3.45, so wasn't to bad for us, given we had a coffee stop and quite a bit of waiting. We did see a fourball teeing off the 18th, which must have been a good 20 minutes behind the group in front of them, which was probably the group that slowed the pace down.

    Congs on halving your match.

  5. #45
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Shrewsbury, Shropshire
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: Conwy - December/January time

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post
    Happy to pay the extra if 7 turn up - alternatively just bin Davey mac.
    I was hoping he would make, as I fancy a new driver, whats he got as his M2 replacement, cash in hand ready

  6. #46
    Journeyman Pro Green Bay Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,174

    Re: Conwy - December/January time

    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenWilliams View Post
    We teed off at midday, was next after the team games I think we had 3-4 holes clear holes ahead of us, but caught up with the group in front of us by the 8th, so Joanne/Adam went off to the clubhouse at the 11th tee to get coffees to warm up.

    Think we finished at about 3.45, so wasn't to bad for us, given we had a coffee stop and quite a bit of waiting. We did see a fourball teeing off the 18th, which must have been a good 20 minutes behind the group in front of them, which was probably the group that slowed the pace down.

    Congs on halving your match.
    You were directly behind our group then. We were down to a 2 ball for the last 2 holes as the other game was over and they walked in. 18 seemed to take ages as both the matches ahead went down to the last putts and both our players lost.
    Ping G400 driver, G400 5 wood, G400 2 Hybrid, Ping G20 irons 5-PW, Titleist 52, 60 Vokey wedges, Callaway Sure Out 56 wedge,Odyssey White Hot putter.

  7. #47
    Ryder Cup Winner Liverbirdie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    14,007

    Re: Conwy - December/January time

    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenWilliams View Post
    I was hoping he would make, as I fancy a new driver, whats he got as his M2 replacement, cash in hand ready
    He'll have two different ones again in the meantime.....

    #talentnottech

  8. #48
    Tour Winner davemc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: Conwy - December/January time

    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenWilliams View Post
    I was hoping he would make, as I fancy a new driver, whats he got as his M2 replacement, cash in hand ready

    im perfectly happy thank you very much!

    he says having hit half a dozen shots into a sim, and with no chance of a sniff of a round before Conwy

    H'cap 15

  9. #49
    Head Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    314

    Re: Conwy - December/January time

    Darren I am happy with either, thanks for sorting that out. What sort of times are people looking at getting there for?
    Crewe GC. Hcp 7.3

  10. #50
    Ryder Cup Winner Liverbirdie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    14,007

    Re: Conwy - December/January time

    Quote Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
    Darren I am happy with either, thanks for sorting that out. What sort of times are people looking at getting there for?
    May get there for a brekky beforehand, so an hour before.

    If Ive only got 1 other in the mo-mo can pick you up on the way through, if you want. I'll make sure Stuey is playing in the meantime.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Brooks Koepka What’s In The Bag?

Here we look at Brooks Koepka's US Open winning WITB

June 17, 2018

Brooks Koepka beats Tommy Fleetwood to defend US Open title

Brooks Koepka wins US Open at Shinnecock Hills after Tommy Fleetwood shoots incredible 63 to finish second. Neil Tappin has the story of a dramatic four days.

June 17, 2018

7 Things You Don’t Know About Brooks Koepka

Double US Open Champion Brooks Koepka may well be a name you have heard of before, but do you know the story behind the golfer?

June 17, 2018

Tommy Fleetwood Shoots 63 At US Open

The Englishman played the round of his life and may be lifting the US Open trophy later

June 17, 2018

US Open Leaderboard 2018

Find out who is leading the 2018 US Open at Shinnecock Hills

June 17, 2018