Head Pro

Driver swing part 2

It's been a few weeks and to be honest a few minor tweaks after my last upload, has worked.

trying to get better posture (without a coach I'll add #Cost) better ball position and feet alignment (work in progress)

any better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5E2...LL3UOK2_duz9J7

The left foot is staying IT WORKS FOR ME. until it goes wrong that is. If it works use it even if it looks MUGLY
    Handicap 2015: Restarted August :-) 3 cards 12.0
    2016: 12.0 > 8.1
    2017: 8.1 > 5.9 (winter series still to play #qualifyers)

Re: Driver swing part 2

You are early extending with your full shots and when chipping. You need to learn how to stay down through the shot and stop your backside pulling in towards the ball.
    Play it cool Trigger!

Head Pro

OK not sure on the driver but agreed on the chipping, having suffered with the yips. Chipping doesn't come natural and very much anxiety based.

Chipping video I'm working on getting the ball airborne over my normal punch chips which don't work for finesse shots.

Also using the peter finch weak left hand and raised shaft more putter swing.

You have an alignment stick down yet your foot, knee and hip line is miles to the right.

Any reason?

I would also sort out the footwork (Left foot).
    ... The moderator formally known as Gareth

A bag containing numerous forged bits, tastefully wrapped in Iliac and Scott Readman Concepts Headcovers

2016 Handicap - 13.6>13.1>13.1>11.8> Clause 23 adjustment > 10.8 >10.9>10.9>11.0

Quote Originally Posted by OnTour View Post

The left foot is staying IT WORKS FOR ME. until it goes wrong that is. If it works use it even if it looks MUGLY
    You are certainly right about that!
    Adams Speedline 9.5* Tech Rul 54 S
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 13.5* Matrix Red Tie 70R
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 16.5* Matrix Red Tie 70S
    Adams XTD TI 20* at 21* Matrix Red Tie S
    Adams XTD TI 23* at 24* Matrix Red Tie S
    Titleist 913 27* Diamana Kuro Kage S
    McGregor PCB Tour 6-PW S300
    Cleveland 588 Forged 52, 58
    Seemore Si1 33" or Bettinardi Baby Bee CS 33"

Ia Ora Te Natura
    E Mea Arofa Teie Ao Nei

Medal Winner

Quote Originally Posted by One Planer View Post
    You have an alignment stick down yet your foot, knee and hip line is miles to the right.

Any reason?

I would also sort out the footwork (Left foot).
    I'm new so no position to comment on corrections / etc but just from viewing it looks like a step back and slightly forwards with the left foot. During the shot from the step back the knees and hip look pointed left to me.

Journeyman Pro

what was happening to the shots ? & direction of actual travel compared with the definite target?

starting direction of a bunch 'appeared' to be a bunch rightfield out to what seems to be a tree & bush edge to the practice area starting rightfield & staying right or maybes moving further right - with the occasional issue maybes of shots goin left

set-up & swing looks a lot like the previous posted driver swing

- so the stuff I outlined with that video before is still some of the stuff I would work through if a student came to the lesson tee with similar swing characteristics & set-up

so the stuff around the grip hold - the alignments - the transition footwork & lateral slide - all play into being under plane swinging a bunch right through the ball which then leads to the need to stand-up into the ball with a somewhat vertical shaft as the arms work out aways from the body which then calls for very active hands to try to square a driver face that halfways in the downswing is a tad 'open'

puts a ton of pressure on the timing which when it holds up in play you can play to the good standard you've been able to reach so far
    - but the same kinda shot variances you have during play that give some issues will continue to show up without looking to change up some of the current stuff goin down in the swing set-up & motion - those kinda problems that appear to come out of nowhere during the rest of a pretty decent round

keep to the same patterns and overall will continue to get the same results that have been happening
    Last edited by the_coach; 15-Nov-2017 at 17:18.
    the_coach Handicap Index +4.2
    Driver: TM M2 9.5º M 7M3 X-S w73g
    3metal:TM M2 3m M 80M4 X-S w86g
    Hybrid: Callaway Apex 3h 20º Altus HY T X-S w91g
    Irons 3 - 9 Callaway Apex Pro 16 KBS Tour C-Taper S+ w125g
    Wedges: Cleveland 588 rtg's 46º bounce 8º KBS 610 S+ w125g. 52º bounce 8º KBS 610 S+ w125g. Fourteen RM 12 (forged) 58º bounce 8º KBS Hi-Rev X-S w135g.
    Putter: Scotty Cameron 2004 Newport Beach 1.5 Milled Titleist Pro V1x -

Head Pro

Cheers all some great feedback, honestly my dispersion wasn't too bad. The range balls were pretty average and dirty due to chipping.

I'll add I draw everything on purpose, believe it not I've actually straightened up since my last video. Mainly on better alignment OK its not 100% but better than previous.

Very difficult to change the STEP back as my timing / strike has been superb. Intact I can't remember hitting it so solid.

I've weakened my grip since last video slightly.