Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Journeyman Pro

European tour Q school this week

Anyone following this?

I'm keeping my eye on Robert MacIntryre, I saw him hitting balls at my local range a few years back and I was mesmerised. So I now keep my eye on his progress. He's had a solid first three rounds.

Q school is an incredibly tough way of doing things. I can't see how a one off tournament represents the best measure of who is most suited to the tour, but never mind.
    Handicap: 12

Re: European tour Q school this week

Keeping track on Connor Syme. Great round of 63 today to get back into it.
    In the Bag:

Titleist 910 D3 9.5 degree Grafalloy blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 910F 15 degree Diamana Kai'li 75 mid stiff shaft
    Callaway X Hot pro hybrid 16 degree
    Cobra FLY-Z plus forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 52/9 KBS Tour-V 125
    Nike VR S400 56/10
    Rife 460 Tour Blade

Handicap - 18.7

http://www.mintogolf.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Garush34 View Post
    Keeping track on Connor Syme. Great round of 63 today to get back into it.
    Same here, Connor is a cracking lad very down to earth and is some talent, i use the range his dad owns and watching him strike a ball is different class
    www.scotscraiggolfclub.com

Hcp :- Embarrassing

Journeyman Pro

Yes I saw that score when scanning through the scores today. He's basically come from nowhere today! Great round of golf.
    Handicap: 12

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Canary_Yellow View Post
    Anyone following this?

I'm keeping my eye on Robert MacIntryre, I saw him hitting balls at my local range a few years back and I was mesmerised. So I now keep my eye on his progress. He's had a solid first three rounds.

Q school is an incredibly tough way of doing things. I can't see how a one off tournament represents the best measure of who is most suited to the tour, but never mind.
    Bob is an unbelievable talent, probably doesn't know how good he is. Another who is very down to earth. Fingers crossed he can get his card, Scotland needs some golfing talent, its been starved of it for a good few years. Neil has managed to get his card for next season through the Challenge Tour, hopefully MacIntyre and Syme can do likewise.
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf

Journeyman Pro

I came across him in 2014, the Scotland boys squad were warming up at Tonbridge Golf Centre ahead of the final round of the Henry Cooper Classic at Nizels. They were all having a good time, striking the right balance between a serious warm up and having fun. They were also following the progress of Bradley Neil who was playing the UK amateur final the same day.

Robert finished the 4 round tournament at 15 under, including a -6 final round (the second of the day on the Sunday).

It was clear to me he was exceptional, but I'm sure if I'd seen any of the lads that finished top 5 in that tournament they would have seemed exceptional to me. Clearly, given his performances since he really is a exceptional, feels like a big couple of years coming up for him, trying to crack the professional ranks.

I've got my fingers crossed for him. Might sound a bit weird as I've never really met him, but I'd never seen a lad hit the ball like that before and it made a big impression on me.

Tour Winner

Its a fairly gruelling way to get your tour card - and seriously well done to anyone who achieves it.

There are plenty of well known names lower down the leaderboard who are clearly not going to make it.
    Handicap Challenge - 18.7 (10 Oct)
    The uglier a mans legs are, the better he plays golf. HG Wells. I got nice legs...

Also rooting for Connor. Hes done well and is a lovely chap.

Assistant Pro

Laurie Canter for me, as he is my brothers mate.

Just looked at the leaderboard to see he's leading, which is fantastic!

Chris Lloyd for me... He's a member at my course.