Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Using different ball for different holes. ie par 3 and par 5

I tend to switch between balls, but usually its coz Im worried about driving a pro v out the park so sometimes change to a dx2 or something

Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    I can't see this working. What happens if you lose your par 3 ball on the first one, does that mean have to blob all the remaining par 3's?
    Just carry a few sleeves, pretty sure most folk on here will have a pocket full of balls rather then just 2 or 3. Should we start a poll asking how many balls your carry as this might help the OP with his research
    Full set of PXG clubs from putter to Driver. Pro V1 golf ball

Medal Winner

Quote Originally Posted by jpxpro View Post
    I tend to switch between balls, but usually its coz Im worried about driving a pro v out the park so sometimes change to a dx2 or something
    This is what I do, I hit junk balls on the holes where i'm firing next to the oob or over water... save the better balls for better holes

Head Pro

Quote Originally Posted by duncan mackie View Post
    What on earth is the difference between a 150 yrds approach ( probably from a preferred lie) on the fairway and a 150yd par 3 such that you would wish to use a different ballmfor the 2 shots?
    No difference what so ever. That is not the motivation or reason for change. I will not use a 3 ball of the tee in the winter on par4's/5's for fear of loss in leaves etc. The risk of loosing a ball is minimal to none on par 3's . If I could hit a cheap ball of the tee and replace with a premium ball for approaches I would be as happy as a pig in .....Clear enough?

All this talk of spinning balls off the green is making me feel inadequate. I'm lucky if I get a premium ball to spin more than 12 inches!

Quote Originally Posted by BTatHome View Post
    All this talk of spinning balls off the green is making me feel inadequate. I'm lucky if I get a premium ball to spin more than 12 inches!
    Just land the ball 9 inches onto the green and hey presto

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by BTatHome View Post
    12" makes me feel inadequate..... 😨

I am always delighted to be playing any green in the winter that , in some way, tests my ability to control in the ball other than having to 'get it up to the hole'.

Srixon softfeel, Cally Supersoft or Titelist Trusoft all perform in a similar manner to a ProV, Chromesoft or ZStar once the surface layers of the green soften and the grass is cut longer....and that's before consideration of the available strike from longer wet fairways!

Which, as Patrick, and others, have already highlighted, leaves the all important aspect of how the ball you choose to play feels from your clubs (assuming you can feel your fingers &#129300 and performs off the putter (which doesn't have to cost money for those actually buying their balls...)
    some metal woods,
    any old irons,
    Pick up balls....

10.8 and moving the right way again...