Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Sad State Of Football

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    I couldn’t agree more.
    You must love Arsene’s dedication to that end.

Germanys success is based on them having a long standing top quality coaching structure...

We must aspire to having similar in place sooner rather than later...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by ColchesterFC View Post
    So you agree then, it's not about the size of the nation it's about the infrastructure and mind set of the country rather than their population.
    i think both have merits. The original point you countered was on a discussion about Football. In this case, generally the smaller nations do have peaks. Such is footballs popularity that countries with greater populations tend to have an advantage, with all else (popularity/infrastructure) being equal.

Other ers sports may not be affected by intial population numbers as they are more niche and therefor a smaller core group can be big eniugh to sustain success.
    Handicap Challenge: Papas1982 18.1 Vs Fish 18.0

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSteve View Post
    As usual I've explained myself poorly ...

Kids of a much younger age now how more access to 'proper' coaching... As young as five!
    Someone who's got a coaching badge not just a well intentioned Dad doing his best...

For older kids there are now sports academies with professional coaching...
    Not just a 'regular' teacher who might do geography one day PE the next..

It's about building a decent platform and I believe the FA finally have got the message...
    You are completely wrong. Until the coaching badges are available free to those involved with clubs then we have no chance of ever improving.

http://www.thesoccerstore.co.uk/blog...national-game/
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

It's an utter disgrace why those stuffy suits involved at the top of the FA keep going on about "grassroots football" but do nothing to fund it. Until they do England football team will continue to decline.

The pubs will be empty for this years World Cup because most do not think we have a sniff on a chance or actually care about us. If, by some miracle we reach the QF, then there will be an upsurge of hope and the pubs will be full. Well at least for one game.
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

Ryder Cup Winner

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li...ball_Champions

Not great reading for the UK teams......3 semi finals in 56 years.

On a more cheerful note, Scottish league attendances have never been higher. Proper supporters going to live games has to be good news.

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyface View Post
    You are completely wrong. Until the coaching badges are available free to those involved with clubs then we have no chance of ever improving.

Totally agree.

Although the manager merry go round doesn't help with the appointment of relegation saviours that get wheeled out year after year. More younger British managers need to be given a chance BUT with the money involved in football, Premiership especially this will never happen.
    Ping G15 Driver
    Ping G20 Hybrid
    Ping G10 18 Hybrid
    Cobra Amp 5-SW Irons
    Titliest Vokey 60 degree
    Taylormade Rossa Putter

Handicap 27

Member at Baildon Golf Club

this isnt the true picture, the uefa A available on the continent and actually in Wales is watered down hence why is "name" have fast tracked through the system.
    Although volunteers most wanting to start there basic coaching pathway will find a club to pay the initial £150 for a Level 1 course, and most reasonably sized clubs will certainly help with L2 as well. Despite the supposed extreme cost in the UK there is still a big waiting list and battle to get on the UEFA A (which is pro level only by the way) and the UEFA B (cost circa £500)

It's an utter disgrace why those stuffy suits involved at the top of the FA keep going on about "grassroots football" but do nothing to fund it. Until they do England football team will continue to decline.

The pubs will be empty for this years World Cup because most do not think we have a sniff on a chance or actually care about us. If, by some miracle we reach the QF, then there will be an upsurge of hope and the pubs will be full. Well at least for one game.

they do nothing what about the millions invested in the new 3G Hubs where football can be played 24/7......?
    and not called off due to waterlogged pitch or some idiot breaking the goal posts!

So then, at the World Cup 2018, there will be no Wales, no Scotland, no Northern Ireland. Just little 'ole England. No I'm not gloating, coz I don't care about them. It just shows, to me, how shocking the state of football is here in Britain. Will Rep of Ireland make it? Martin O'Neil, I suspect will find a way. But only just. Is it worth the effort? England are boring to watch, by all accounts, and trash. Mr O'Neil's team are not known for free flowing football either, and win or lose 1-0. Both teams probably won't get out of the first groups they are putin (did you see what I did there?), and will be home before the first postcards they send.
    So what if the other nations are struggling?
    Welsh teams play in England, every few months we get the “Old Firm” should be in the English leagues, that’s not exactly helping their own country.

99% of the other fans like, and often rejoice, to see England lose.

Some of the best players in the world are in the EPL.

England are boring to watch, maybe you should watch them and make up your own mind.

The national team has struggled for years for lots of reasons, some of those reasons have and are being adressed and hopefully we are starting to see glimmers of hope.

As for grassroots football, successive governments have closed more pitches and removed sport from the curriculum, not all the blame can be laid at the FA.

Whether we like it or not it’s a business and a very succesful one at that.

Right now I would say English Football is in a decent place, not interested in other countries if England involved, happy (unlike the majority of their fans) to support the other nations if England fail to qualify or get knocked out earlier than them.