Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 129
  1. #1
    Blackballed
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,094

    Winter golf....absolutely pointless...tell me otherwise.

    First time on winter greens for us today, utter waste of time IMO, better sitting in the house, what's your argument to the contrary

  2. #2
    Tour Rookie HankMarvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,013

    Re: Winter golf....absolutely pointless...tell me otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    First time on winter greens for us today, utter waste of time IMO, better sitting in the house, what's your argument to the contrary
    Join a course that doesn't go onto winter greens.
    Full set of PXG clubs from putter to Driver. Pro V1 golf ball

  3. #3
    Money List Winner paddyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,050

    Re: Winter golf....absolutely pointless...tell me otherwise.

    we rarley have winter greens
    COYS

  4. #4
    Assistant Pro inc0gnito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    102

    Re: Winter golf....absolutely pointless...tell me otherwise.

    Still get to practice driving, irons and chipping. Not all bad.

  5. #5
    Grand Slam Winner murphthemog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    20,491

    Re: Winter golf....absolutely pointless...tell me otherwise.

    It fills the time until the bar opens.

  6. #6
    Head Pro Yant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    276

    Re: Winter golf....absolutely pointless...tell me otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by HankMarvin View Post
    Join a course that doesn't go onto winter greens.
    This.

  7. #7
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,503

    Re: Winter golf....absolutely pointless...tell me otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    First time on winter greens for us today, utter waste of time IMO, better sitting in the house, what's your argument to the contrary
    You get to play golf
    You get a good idea of your carry distance rather than total distance, albeit slightly shorter because of the colder air
    You get to practice

    Having said that, I absolutely hate winter greens and wouldn't join a club that either went to them by default or regularly had more than a few in play.

  8. #8
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Havering
    Posts
    1,890

    Re: Winter golf....absolutely pointless...tell me otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    First time on winter greens for us today, utter waste of time IMO, better sitting in the house, what's your argument to the contrary
    Would you rather be at home watching loose women?

  9. #9
    Grand Slam Winner murphthemog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    20,491

    Re: Winter golf....absolutely pointless...tell me otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by pauljames87 View Post
    Would you rather be at home watching loose women?
    Live, or on tv?

  10. #10
    Global Moderator DCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Midlothian
    Posts
    7,405

    Re: Winter golf....absolutely pointless...tell me otherwise.

    I've never taken winter golf too seriously. On a parkland course it can be a bit of a lottery depending on the weeks weather conditions. It is however a good excuse to get out for some fresh air and to meet up with friends at the golf club.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Smarter Ways to Lower Scores 2018 powered by Cobra Puma Golf

2 golfers will get the chance to lower their scores the ‘smarter way’ this year via our bigger and better 'Smarter Ways to Lower Scores 2018' project powered by Cobra Puma Golf

February 21, 2018

4 Ways to Improve Your Short Game Strikes

In this video, GM Top 25 coach John Jacobs shows 4 fail-safe chipping methods to help you stop wasting shots around the greens

February 21, 2018

Jim Furyk Names Woods And Stricker As Ryder Cup Vice Captains

Woods and Stricker will join Davis Love III as Jim Furyk's vice captains at Le Golf National

February 21, 2018

The Honda Classic Golf Betting Tips

A strong European contingent has assembled in Florida, check out who we think will do well with these The Honda Classic Golf Betting Tips

February 20, 2018

WATCH: Man Holes INCREDIBLE Putt To Win $100,000!

Paul Shadle holed a 125 foot putt at the Minnesota Golf Show to win a boat worth $75,000 plus $25,000 in cash

February 20, 2018