Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Head Pro

Re: Why can't I hit Driver? - Aagghh

Quote Originally Posted by HankMarvin View Post
    I was thinking the very same, if it was me I would be asking why am I a 24 handicap when I knocked it 240 yards down the middle. but that's not rocket science to work out.
    Thats easy to answer - 10 years out of the game - still playing the wrong shot around the green but that will come .... too many three putts from long range but getting better ..... fingers crossed will be in teens by end Spring .... then single finger before I am 50 (4 years) - need to have something to aim at
    Driver Ping G LS Tec 9 Degree 65g S Shaft3 Wood Callaway GBB Epic Hzrdus T800 65g S Shaft5 Wood Callaway GBB Epic Hzrdus T800 65g S ShaftHybrid Callaway 4H 22 Degree XR Project X 5.5 R ShaftIrons 4-PW Callaway Steelhead Pro KBS C Taper Lite S ShaftWedges Callaway MD3 50, 54, 58 Deg KBS Tour V S ShaftPutter Tad Moore Handmade TMS Tour 34" Blade

Ryder Cup Winner

OP looking at your equipment list I think a high handicap with a 9 degree stiff shafted driver is not a good match.

Borrow a 12 degree with a med shaft and see how you do. Swing tempo as per 3 wood.
    Last edited by Doon frae Troon; 11-Nov-2017 at 11:22.

Head Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
    OP looking at your equipment list I think a high handicap with a 9 degree stiff shafted driver is not a good match.

Borrow a 12 degree with a med shaft and see how you do. Swing tempo as per 3 wood.
    Great advice but I have been there ..... re the swing tempo .. have had two driver lessons and the set up is so so different to how i strike the other clubs .... left arm straighter, shoulder down, weight dist different ........ maybe i just cant get my head around it
    Driver Ping G LS Tec 9 Degree 65g S Shaft3 Wood Callaway GBB Epic Hzrdus T800 65g S Shaft5 Wood Callaway GBB Epic Hzrdus T800 65g S ShaftHybrid Callaway 4H 22 Degree XR Project X 5.5 R ShaftIrons 4-PW Callaway Steelhead Pro KBS C Taper Lite S ShaftWedges Callaway MD3 50, 54, 58 Deg KBS Tour V S ShaftPutter Tad Moore Handmade TMS Tour 34" Blade

Ryder Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by gmhubble View Post
    Great advice but I have been there ..... re the swing tempo .. have had two driver lessons and the set up is so so different to how i strike the other clubs .... left arm straighter, shoulder down, weight dist different ........ maybe i just cant get my head around it
    Overthinking it..... as Mr Nike says........Just do it.

Thats easy to answer - 10 years out of the game - still playing the wrong shot around the green but that will come .... too many three putts from long range but getting better ..... fingers crossed will be in teens by end Spring .... then single finger before I am 50 (4 years) - need to have something to aim at
    Good plan, stick in and best of luck
    Full set of PXG clubs from putter to Driver. Pro V1 golf ball

Head Pro

sorry not a helpful response but if I hit driver or 3 wood 240 yards in play I would win most things I enter - other parts of your game need more urgent attention

Ryder Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by jusme View Post
    sorry not a helpful response but if I hit driver or 3 wood 240 yards in play I would win most things I enter - other parts of your game need more urgent attention
    Does that mean you hit the fairway with most of your drives.
    240 yards and finishing up in water/trees/bunkers/or thick rough is not so good.

Struggle with driver and 3 wood (will be a like new ping stretch g400 strong 3 wood for sale soon!) I know itís a set up problem. Just need time to practice.... I think my grip is too strong and my alignment (although improving) still needs work, especially when the tee box isnít aiming straight down the fairway....
    Last edited by Karl102; 12-Nov-2017 at 10:08.

Head Pro

Nope - 3 wood is straight and true - had a session on GCQuad this morning

3 wood dispersion +- 7 avg with avg carry 241

driver dispersion +- 25 with avg carry 270

That was using the 3 wood swing - am gonna leave the Driver out for the winter and put it back in the bag March

Some great advice from you guys and much appreciated

Challenge Tour Pro

Nope - 3 wood is straight and true - had a session on GCQuad this morning

3 wood dispersion +- 7 avg with avg carry 241

driver dispersion +- 25 with avg carry 270

That was using the 3 wood swing - am gonna leave the Driver out for the winter and put it back in the bag March

Some great advice from you guys and much appreciated
    Looks like you can hit a driver then.
    Get down to the practice green sharpish! 👍