Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

It's a very small world

There I am hand in hand witth my wife walking through a Disney park in Florida and there right in front of me is a work mate. We both know each other is away but neither of us knew where the other was going. A couple of seconds either way and we would have not seen each other. Utterly bizarre. Anybody else with any strange meeting coincidences

Head Pro

Re: It's a very small world

Not as far as you, but was in London doing the tourist stuff with the wife when we decided to go for a drink, it was an old stone built pub just off Piccadilly Circus.
    Ordered a pint and a glass of wine and felt this arm on my shoulder, it was one of my mates from Inverness, ended up having a few more 😀
    Cheers Brian

Had the same with an old Uni mate of mine in Krakow in Poland.

Had literally landed that morning and went to find a restaurant for some lunch. We were a bit out from the center and found an Italian. We were reading the menu and all I hear is 'Coffey?' and a tap on the shoulder. Turns out he moved there after Uni and lived just round the corner.
    H/C: 14.8 Carnalea Golf Club, Bangor, Northern Ireland. Driver: 2016 M1- Kuro Kage Stiff . 3 wood: TM M2 HL 3 Iron: Srixon ZU45 Hybrids:TM RBZ Stage2 4. Irons: Ping G 5-PW. Wedges: SM6- 50, 56, 60. Putter: Odyssey 2-ball Fang Tank

Money List Winner

As a kid went to Lake Garda after my gcse's. Met a lass who I ended up dating for 9 months much to her dad's disapproval.

The coincidence? Her dad knew me by name as his best mate was my graphics teacher at school and i was, how do I put this. His least favourite pupil and it would appear when out with his mates obviously complained about me a few times.

😂😂😂
    Handicap Challenge: Papas1982 18.1 Vs Fish 18.0

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Walking towards the Brandenburg Gate we passed a couple heading from the BG. Mrs SILH walked about 20 paces then stopped and turned round - and almost in synch the gent of the couple stopped and turned round - my wife's senior consultant from work. Neither knew of the other being in Berlin at the same time. And the fact that we were heading to the BG when we were was random and a last minute decision.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

Job done

Was on holiday in Egypt a couple of years ago, when i heard someone say " you have got big Muscles, do you like fighting?" turned around to see a guy i knew from Harpenden. We were not really friends but used to bump in to each other fairly often in the 80's. the comment stemmed from a party i was at and talking to this chap when up comes some big guy... he looks at us both and says " you've got big Muscles, do you like fighting?" well we both pissed ourselves laughing. Even stranger was this was a real artsy gathering with all but a couple of people at it either art students, or artists etc.. my wife didn't know what to make of this incident..lol
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

then there is the Chic Murray one-liner

It's a small world but I wouldn't want to have to paint it...

and in the interests of maintaining groans...

I met this cowboy with a brown paper hat, paper waistcoat and paper trousers. He was wanted for rustling.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

Job done

Q-School Graduate

I played snooker with a guy in the 1960s and attended his 65th retirement do in Woking., Surrey
    When I joined Yeovil, Dorset in the late 80s there he was standing next to the bar.
    15 years later the MD of a company I worked for in Surrey turned up as member of Yeovil, I met one of my old nearby neighbours in a street in Yeovil after they moved there.

I was beginning to wonder if I had moved to the retirement centre of Somerset.

I went to Budapest with Mrs FD and on the plane we bumped into one of her colleagues and his wife... we met them another two times over the course of a long weekend at different tourist attractions in the city. And on the flight home, of course.
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 4-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Handicap: 2.5

There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!

Was at a school leaver's disco back in '78 in Kildare, Ireland. Spied a lovely looking lass across the dance floor. Our eyes met, we danced, found a table and sat down for a chat... honest. We'd only sat next to each other in class for a term back in 1963, as 5 year olds.

Bumped into friends in London a few years back, we were living in the sub-tropical paradise of Middlesbrough at the time. And bumped into work colleagues in Cambridge who were away for the weekend - their respective husband and wife didn't know...oops.
    Give it big humpties