Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Q-School Graduate

Continuous Handicap Review

I'm aware of the recommendation from 2016 that clubs run a "Decliner" report each quarter to identify players who have had 7 consecutive 0.1's from comps. But I've just had a mail from my club that says

"I would like to make members aware of a change in the CONGU h/cap system. This is a mandatory change that is being implemented and from the 1st of December adjustments will be made. The new adjustment is for any golfer that puts seven cards in a row over their playing h/cap to not only have an increase of 0.7 due to the seven cards, but also a full shot as well."

I can't find anything that confirms this is mandatory - can anybody enlighten me or point me at a link please?

Thanks
    Handicap 11.1
    Dudsbury GC
    Ping supporter!

The only shot I can influence is the next one...

Re: Continuous Handicap Review

Canít recall anything in the changes that say the after 7 . 1ís itís an automatic shot back - still under the control of the HC Committee to assess if a shot back is the right move

At the end of September England Golf news announced the changes for CONGU for 01 Jan 18.

I read the change as the implementation of the review of handicaps, appendix M, is mandatory not optional.

http://www.englandgolf.org/news.aspx...ews%26page%3d3

Quote Originally Posted by Canfordhacker View Post
    I'm aware of the recommendation from 2016 that clubs run a "Decliner" report each quarter to identify players who have had 7 consecutive 0.1's from comps. But I've just had a mail from my club that says

"I would like to make members aware of a change in the CONGU h/cap system. This is a mandatory change that is being implemented and from the 1st of December adjustments will be made. The new adjustment is for any golfer that puts seven cards in a row over their playing h/cap to not only have an increase of 0.7 due to the seven cards, but also a full shot as well."

I can't find anything that confirms this is mandatory - can anybody enlighten me or point me at a link please?

Thanks
    I concur with Phil in that I have had no notification that this becomes mandatory from 1 December. Since the already notified CONGU changes are due to come in on 1 January 2018 I cannot see this, if true, starting on 1 December. If the wording quoted is exact, then they are wrong in another way - it is 7 consecutive qualifiers outside buffer, not above playing handicap.

I can find no specific mention of the Continuous Handicap Review in the announced changes from 1 January 2018.
    Last edited by rosecott; 04-Nov-2017 at 17:06.

There was talk last year at various county meeting that the software would implement a 1 shot increase after 7 consecutive .1 but as nothing happened I presume it had been dropped.

Does seem a reasonably addition but not seen anything official although we as a handicap committee have been using this as a guideline during our monthly meetings.

Tour Winner

There is nothing in the Manual in the section on Continuous Handicap Review [p54] of this nature. It is quite clear that the Committee should review each player who is listed in the report and where appropriate increase their handicap:

Using the principles of the Annual Review and the General Play Adjustment Handicap Committees should apply a Continuous Review Increase (CRI) when deemed appropriate and continue to monitor the performance of such players closely.

The recommendation is that it should be done monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by rosecott View Post
    I concur with Phil in that I have had no notification that this becomes mandatory from 1 December. Since the already notified CONGU changes are due to come in on 1 January 2018 I cannot see this, if true, starting on 1 December. If the wording quoted is exact, then they are wrong in another way - it is 7 consecutive qualifiers outside buffer, not above playing handicap.

I can find no specific mention of the Continuous Handicap Review in the announced changes from 1 January 2017.
    I believe some Clubs in our area thought they didnít have to carry out the reviews if they didnít wish.

If other clubs, maybe the opís, werenít doing them, it might be that CONGU have put out the note to clearly state itís mandatory and they must carry out the review and then the opís club has further confused themselves.

Q-School Graduate

Quote Originally Posted by pauldj42 View Post
    At the end of September England Golf news announced the changes for CONGU for 01 Jan 18.

I read the change as the implementation of the review of handicaps, appendix M, is mandatory not optional.

http://www.englandgolf.org/news.aspx...ews%26page%3d3
    Thanks - but doesn't Appendix M only refer to Annual Review, rather than the decliner report that is there purely to assist?
    Handicap 11.1
    Dudsbury GC
    Ping supporter!

The only shot I can influence is the next one...

Seems like a reminder to all members that they are about to start the annual review process to me but badly worded.

Quote Originally Posted by Canfordhacker View Post
    Thanks - but doesn't Appendix M only refer to Annual Review, rather than the decliner report that is there purely to assist?
    Thatís correct - some clubs have ignored the annual review so the amendment is to state that all clubs must carry out the AR

The CHR is still all about running the report they recommend every month and then applying any changes if they deemed fit - nothing mandatory about giving shots back