Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 65
  1. #41
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,447

    Re: There's cheating and cheating....right ??

    never understand the mentally of "you're cheating yourself" because if you cheat you're cheating others out of the chance of winning etc
    In the bag TM M2 10.5 DriverTM M2 3 woodPing G15 5 woodTM Jetspeed 3 HybridTM Jetspeed 4 HybridTitliest 716 ap1 6-9 SM5 vokey wedges 46, 50, 54 , 58 degreeOdyssey White Hot Rossie Putter

  2. #42
    Global Moderator Twire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Exeter..ish - Devon
    Posts
    3,282

    Re: There's cheating and cheating....right ??

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Skier View Post
    Its a wind up
    Ahhh you mean a WUM
    We don't stop playing because we grow old.....We grow old because we stop playing.

  3. #43
    Tour Rookie Orikoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    1,159

    Re: There's cheating and cheating....right ??

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    If you are playing for fun then it doesn't matter. If I am having a fun round and I have a rotten lie in the rough I'll just tell my pp I'm getting it out and then move my ball accordingly. All above board, everyone knows what I am doing. I'd suggest the same to them as well, we are there to enjoy ourselves not hack around.

    I suspect the worry you have is whether your pp is doing this in a sneaky fashion and thinks no one is aware. If you do then make a joke of it next time, "is that the latest way to mark your ball now?" It makes them aware you have seen it, your other pp know yet you have not made it a formal thing.

    Competitions are a different matter but the question doesn't relate to competitions.
    Would agree with this, largely. In a friendly game with my mates, if one of them basically tells me he's going to 'cheat' we just say fine, whatever, crack on. If they were cheating though and trying to keep it from us I'd find that a bit weird, since nothing rests on our games so they'd only be cheating themselves really. There's all kinds of rules you circumvent when just playing with pals. Like if you're talking an unplayable just let them drop it anywhere where they can have a decent shot, rather than measuring out club lengths and whatnot.
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Soft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9

  4. #44
    Challenge Tour Pro
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    572

    Re: There's cheating and cheating....right ??

    Quote Originally Posted by hovis View Post
    i disagree. in a comp I'm not going to remove a ball from a divot because i'm used to doing it during a friendly game
    Same here

  5. #45
    Challenge Tour Pro
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    572

    Re: There's cheating and cheating....right ??

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunkermagnet View Post
    If everyone is in agreement in a casual game, then so be it. But to pick and choose what you want the rules to be on your own back, isn't playing fair by your fellow group or swindle.
    Nobody (aparrt from OP) said they pick and choose their rules in a swindle or when there's a fellow group. Only when it's purely a friendly game with nothing at stake. In those cases the group can play whatever rules they want as it doesn't affect anyone else. In a swindle other people are affected so play by the swindle's rules

  6. #46
    Head Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    266

    Re: There's cheating and cheating....right ??

    Placing everywhere today at the forest, its a friendly so do as you please really 👍

    If anyone is happy cheating, carry on. Your in for a big fall when caught
    Handicap 2015: Restarted August :-) 3 cards 12.0
    2016: 12.0 > 8.1
    2017: 8.1 > 5.9 (winter series still to play #qualifyers)

  7. #47
    Tour Rookie Orikoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    1,159

    Re: There's cheating and cheating....right ??

    Quote Originally Posted by pauljames87 View Post
    never understand the mentally of "you're cheating yourself" because if you cheat you're cheating others out of the chance of winning etc
    Yeah in a competition you are. I think "only cheating yourself" just applies to friendly games when there's nothing resting on it. Just lying to yourself about your score, basically.
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2 Soft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9

  8. #48
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,447

    Re: There's cheating and cheating....right ??

    Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    Yeah in a competition you are. I think "only cheating yourself" just applies to friendly games when there's nothing resting on it. Just lying to yourself about your score, basically.
    see again id disagree, me and my mate when we play used to get really competitive .. he cheated on a hole once or "miscounted" and didnt own up when I said you got this mate.. so called him a cheat lol.. think it was because we were both on the same until that last hole and that was to win the round .. felt robbed of a draw
    In the bag TM M2 10.5 DriverTM M2 3 woodPing G15 5 woodTM Jetspeed 3 HybridTM Jetspeed 4 HybridTitliest 716 ap1 6-9 SM5 vokey wedges 46, 50, 54 , 58 degreeOdyssey White Hot Rossie Putter

  9. #49
    Assistant Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    122

    Re: There's cheating and cheating....right ??

    Jeezo there are some belters on this forum, some of you need to chill

    We're playing tomorrow and a refresh of what's ok in winter will be raised be it turning over in the rough or re-marking in the wrong place on the green.

  10. #50
    Challenge Tour Pro
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    572

    Re: There's cheating and cheating....right ??

    Quote Originally Posted by Orikoru View Post
    "only cheating yourself" just applies to friendly games when there's nothing resting on it
    agree, only when no one else is impacted

    Quote Originally Posted by pauljames87 View Post
    see again id disagree, me and my mate when we play used to get really competitive .. he cheated on a hole once or "miscounted" and didnt own up when I said you got this mate.. so called him a cheat lol.. think it was because we were both on the same until that last hole and that was to win the round .. felt robbed of a draw
    Doesn't sound like a friendly game

    Do you still play together?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Bushnell Neo Ion Golf Watch for Lowest ever price of £99.48

Very impressive battery life is combined with useful features that help improve accuracy and implementing the correct strategy

November 20, 2017

Ashes Injury Scare: Stuart Broad Hit By Stray Golf Ball

There was an injury scare for the England team when Stuart Broad was hit by a stray golf ball!

November 20, 2017

Austin Cook wins The RSM Classic

PGA Tour rookie Austin Cook held off the pack to win The RSM Classic at Sea Island Resort in Georgia. J.J. Spaun was second with Brian Gay third.

November 20, 2017

Rahm and Fleetwood are winners in Dubai

Spain’s Jon Rahm won the DP World Tour Championship, Dubai by a single shot while a late stumble by Justin Rose allowed Tommy Fleetwood to secure the Race to Dubai title.

November 19, 2017