Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Assistant Pro

There's cheating and cheating....right ??

Good day folks, being new back to the game after a long lay off I've got myself a regular 4, guys I played with 15/20 years ago, anyway, on Saturday I experienced something very unsavoury on the 12th green. A playing partner marked his ball at the side ??? then when he went to remark....well you've probably already guessed where he remarked it.

So this has caused me some concern, out and out blatant cheating, however I've improved my lie in the rough a couple of time in the past few weeks, these are non counting games as we don't enter comps in the Winter just play a match between us, so, what's your thoughts guys, am I as bad ?? It's cheating all the same I guess.

Re: There's cheating and cheating....right ??

Quote Originally Posted by Cabby View Post
    Good day folks, being new back to the game after a long lay off I've got myself a regular 4, guys I played with 15/20 years ago, anyway, on Saturday I experienced something very unsavoury on the 12th green. A playing partner marked his ball at the side ??? then when he went to remark....well you've probably already guessed where he remarked it.

So this has caused me some concern, out and out blatant cheating, however I've improved my lie in the rough a couple of time in the past few weeks, these are non counting games as we don't enter comps in the Winter just play a match between us, so, what's your thoughts guys, am I as bad ?? It's cheating all the same I guess.
    what you did is Worse IMO if you are gauging cheating Vs cheating
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Challenge Tour Pro

To me what you done to improve your lie is just as bad as your p/ps action on the green.

But if it's just friendly games and you all agree to do the same then no problem.

Surely this is a troll? Cheating is cheating full stop. If you have the agreement of let's say, a slightly relaxed set of rules. Then fair enough if that's what your 4 ball wants to play. But to call someone out on marking a ball, then improve your lie is a bit hypocritical don't you think?
    Driver - Taylormade M2 10.5 3 Wood - Taylormade R9 15*3 Hybrid - Callaway RAZR Tour 21* Irons - Titleist AP2 714 4-PW - Wedges - Titleist SM5 50* 54* Mizuno MP-R12 60/06 Putter - Odyssey White Hot XG #1 Ball - Prov1

Teeing up in bunkers is also helpful
    TM Aeroburner TP 8.6 *PX 6.5
    TM Aeroburner TP 14* PX 6.5
    TM Aeroburner TP 18* PX 6.5
    Honma TW 727v 4-pw Nippon Modus 120 x
    Yamamoto Wedges 50,54,58
    Odyssey O works Fang 2 Ball

Challenge Tour Pro

Not sure if serious

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Preferred Lies in play.

How many of us just nudge our ball to the side with a club to a place within the distance stimulated by the club's local rule? How many of us lift and place the ball without first marking position of the ball? How many of us will mark the position of the ball and place it with the distance .... but if in the act of placing it the ball it rocks to the side of the nice spot you have placed it and without standing up you just move it back to the original spot you placed it?
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

Job done

Assistant Pro

Troll..haha.

I accept cheating is cheating, been around long enough, what I'm saying is we have a relaxed view of winter golf which I don't believe stretches to moving your ball 2 inches forward on a 4 foot putt.

cheating is cheating - full stop!

You can play to any rules you like in a friendly bounce game but if any of you are breaking rules that the others at not aware of you doing then you are cheating each other unfairly and IMO that would be unacceptable too
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Preferred Lies in play.

How many of us just nudge our ball to the side with a club to a place within the distance stimulated by the club's local rule? How many of us lift and place the ball without first marking position of the ball? How many of us will mark the position of the ball and place it with the distance .... but if in the act of placing it the ball it rocks to the side of the nice spot you have placed it and without standing up you just move it back to the original spot you placed it?
    In a comp? No, adhere to the rules
    In a friendly knock with nothing at stake, sure

There's 'levels' of cheating though, what you describe is obviously not as bad as say declaring an 8 as a 6 or kicking a ball in the rough etc