Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Club....

Tour Winner

The Club....

Anyone else follow this lot on social media?

I used to find their GCW content funny but now the just seem like a bunch of tw*ts intent on ruffling as many feathers in the industry on purpose.

today they have compared golf ranking lists to the FHM top 100 women lists. personally i dont think they could be any further apart in their goals.

They infuriate me
    In Bag: Taylormade M1 Fujikura Speeder 757 XFlex ------ORKA PS40 3wood - 80S Proto-By-You ----------ORKA RS1 & RS 3 Combo---------------ORKA RS18 52,56,60 Wedges ---------ORKA Limited Edition - Green Bay Packers Putter----------------Handicap 2.2

Journeyman Pro

Re: The Club....

I dont even know who GCW are?
    Handicap 2014-2017 yo yo'in between 10.2 & 11

Tour Winner

Golf Club W*nkers.
    In Bag: Taylormade M1 Fujikura Speeder 757 XFlex ------ORKA PS40 3wood - 80S Proto-By-You ----------ORKA RS1 & RS 3 Combo---------------ORKA RS18 52,56,60 Wedges ---------ORKA Limited Edition - Green Bay Packers Putter----------------Handicap 2.2

Challenge Tour Pro

Likewise, don't find them as funny as when they were GCW

They have some good ideas but really miss the mark on some (like the Paige Spirinac thing)

Seems like they've fallen between two stools - on one hand they want to be laddish/edgy and to 'change the game' (some of which is good) but on the other hand they want press credentials etc and presumably changed their name to help with this

For me, The No Laying Up guys get it right (and are obviously doing well) and along with Skratch and Club Pro Guy (especially) are now the best follows on Twitter

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by shortgame View Post
    Likewise, don't find them as funny as when they were GCW

They have some good ideas but really miss the mark on some (like the Paige Spirinac thing)

Seems like they've fallen between two stools - on one hand they want to be laddish/edgy and to 'change the game' (some of which is good) but on the other hand they want press credentials etc and presumably changed their name to help with this

For me, The No Laying Up guys get it right (and are obviously doing well) and along with Skratch and Club Pro Guy (especially) are now the best follows on Twitter
    I agree with everything you say, last week GM broke the story about the club captain complaining, and the Club guys re-used it. despite the fact, they slag off print media and a dying breed.

Bunch of idiots that have no place in golf if you ask me.

No Laying Up podcast is the best thing around at the moment have you listened to their podcast with Club Pro Guy?

"who is your favourite member at the club?"

anyone that doesnt come in and talk me through every one of their 92 shots

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MendieGK View Post
    have you listened to their podcast with Club Pro Guy?
    I have and was in tears, absolute gold

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by shortgame View Post
    I have and was in tears, absolute gold
    when you stop double hitting chips, we'll talk about smash factor

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MendieGK View Post
    when you stop double hitting chips, we'll talk about smash factor
    loved the stories from the Mexican mini tours, so much gold

I've bumped the Podcast thread & posted links so others can enjoy, so good

I think some of the stuff they do is OK, they recently arranged for a young lad to join them in a tournament free of charge, some of it can be a bit rubbish though. I guess its a bit like anything on t'internet these days, if you don't like it don't follow it.

Handicap 28>27>25.8>25.4>25.5>24.7>23.7>23.3.>22>20.5>17.6. 17.7>17.8>17.9>18>17.7
    http://www.newforestgolfclub.co.uk/

Actually I might message them and suggest they enter the Trilby Tour, that will give us a golden thread!

Handicap 28>27>25.8>25.4>25.5>24.7>23.7>23.3.>22>20.5>17.6. 17.7>17.8>17.9>18>17.7
    http://www.newforestgolfclub.co.uk/