Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Head Pro

Re: Play more golf memberships

I'll add I spoke to the club I joined prior to signing up, and confirmed I'd be able to win if it happened. I did need to book comp days through the golf manager as they shut it to prevent you booking a four ball.

Anything other than sat, sun comps I book through pmg. System at ucgc works great and its been great playing with some lovely people 👍
    Handicap 2015: Restarted August :-) 3 cards 12.0
    2016: 12.0 > 8.1
    2017: 8.1 > 5.9 (winter series still to play #qualifyers)

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by OnTour View Post
    I'll add I spoke to the club I joined prior to signing up, and confirmed I'd be able to win if it happened. I did need to book comp days through the golf manager as they shut it to prevent you booking a four ball.

Anything other than sat, sun comps I book through pmg. System at ucgc works great and its been great playing with some lovely people 👍
    Argh, thanks
    IN THE BAG
    Orka GS5 10* Driver, 3 wood, GS5 19*, 22* & 25* hybrid,
    Orka RS5 4-6 irons, Orka RS3 7-PW irons
    Orka J29v 52* 56* wedges, Taylormade Rossa Monte Carlo putter

H/C
    2017 start 13.6, >13.7, >13.8, <13.2, >13.3, >13.4, >13.5, >13.6, >13.7, >13.8, >13.9, >15.9, >16.0, >16.1, >16.2, >16.3, >16.4, >16.5

Assistant Pro

Away points - I have seen some negativity but for us we are looking at it as a couple of days of golfing holiday so we think they are really good

Head Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MrC View Post
    Away points - I have seen some negativity but for us we are looking at it as a couple of days of golfing holiday so we think they are really good
    Nice, I'm hoping the give me an option to convert them in March. We do get a slight saving compared to green fees at away clubs

Ramsdale, Derby was £26 £52 for both and I used 10 points for two so £40 (away points if you rebuy are
    £4 a point)

The thing is with the points, you are looking at this the wrong way. Congu H/C, summer comps at the weekend, and then a shed load of money to spend ANYWHERE YOU WANT. Use online booking things to get great prices. I usually play (well this year about ten other courses) so that's another £150 on top of course membership, whereas it could now be incorporated into my £500 saved on membership.
    No brainer for me, but I'm a flaky thing and still feel the pull of my course.
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

Head Pro

Downside is this stunning autumn weather and the last time I played my home course was 8th October, when my points ran dry, but they lasted from 10th Feb. And I feel buying more is a waste through winter.

Just not enough winter opens to be had 😕 at least the spreadsheet looks healthy this month compared to last over £200 spent on golf events.