Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Local rule no1

Tour Winner

Re: Local rule no1

Quote Originally Posted by oltimer View Post
    Hcap Secs response was that they contacted R & A last year and were advised this latter rule made them Non Q.
    The R&A have no authority to say that.

However, given that CONGU Decision 1(c) says "as such a Local Rule is allowed by Rules of Golf ‘Appendix 1 Part B 4a." re an Embedded Ball Through the Green; I don't see why an equivalent Decision wouldn't apply to LCR "as such a Local Rule is allowed by Rules of Golf ‘Appendix 1 Part A 3c".

I am checking with CONGU.

NB The CONGU regulation is out of date as it is now
    Part A 3a
    Last edited by rulefan; 09-Nov-2017 at 21:03.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by rulie View Post
    I doubt that is true since the R&A are not involved in administering handicapping.
    Quite so. But they usually express information possibly affecting handicapping by saying something like "It may affect the status of any handicap competition depending on the rules of your handicap authority'.

Club Champion

Many thanks rulefan/old skier, it is 12 yrs since I was hcap sec and am trying to advise not interfere with current Secs, my old Book of Decisions is out dated but it does state - Appx 1 - local rules " lift, clean & replace anywhere thro the green " is this still a current rule because I can only find in pocket version reference to grass cut to fairway height" - again thanks for your support.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by oltimer View Post
    Many thanks rulefan/old skier, it is 12 yrs since I was hcap sec and am trying to advise not interfere with current Secs, my old Book of Decisions is out dated but it does state - Appx 1 - local rules " lift, clean & replace anywhere thro the green " is this still a current rule because I can only find in pocket version reference to grass cut to fairway height" - again thanks for your support.
    You'll find it here http://www.usga.org/rules/rules-and-...ml#!rule-14322

3 Course Conditions

c. Cleaning Ball

Conditions, such as extreme wetness causing significant amounts of mud to adhere to the ball, may be such that permission to lift, clean and replace the ball would be appropriate. In these circumstances, the following Local Rule is recommended:

"(Specify area, e.g., at the 6th hole, on a closely-mown area, anywhere through the green, etc.) a ball may be lifted and cleaned without penalty. The ball must be replaced.

Note: The position of the ball must be marked before it is lifted under this Local Rule - see Rule 20-1.

Club Champion

perfect - many thanks