Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: Ebay

  1. #31
    Ryder Cup Winner garyinderry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,260

    Re: Ebay

    If i just watch an item it goes for peanuts.

    Once i bid it goes crazy.

    I enjoy the bid battle but it is a joke that people can freely use snipes. Ruins the fun.

  2. #32
    Tour Winner Crazyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    3,486

    Re: Ebay

    I sometimes, when bored, put in very low bids for stuff (golf) that I don't actually need but would be cool to buy for a stupid price. Never won anything this way as yet. There's far too many people on the bay now.
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy or some other one that wrecks my score.
    Balls - Nike PD Soft. Until I've lost them all.

  3. #33
    Challenge Tour Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    585

    Re: Ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyface View Post
    I sometimes, when bored, put in very low bids for stuff (golf) that I don't actually need but would be cool to buy for a stupid price. Never won anything this way as yet. There's far too many people on the bay now.
    I am ashamed to say I have pushed up bids on items that I don't actually want just for the fun of it. I have come very close to winning stuff I dont want. Purely experimental. I would like to apologise to those that bought the item where I have artificially inflated the price just for the hell of it. If you bid early you leave yourself exposed to people like me bored and seeking mischief

  4. #34
    Tour Winner Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    4,908

    Re: Ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by jusme View Post
    I am ashamed to say I have pushed up bids on items that I don't actually want just for the fun of it. I have come very close to winning stuff I dont want. Purely experimental. I would like to apologise to those that bought the item where I have artificially inflated the price just for the hell of it. If you bid early you leave yourself exposed to people like me bored and seeking mischief
    You owe me £278.42
    Clubs - Various wooden woods. xVarious bladed irons. xVarious strange old putters. xxxIt's not all about the score. xx
    Handicap - 12.4
    2018 HFH Handicap Challenge vs Richart & Bigfoot

  5. #35
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,971

    Re: Ebay

    Alternatively, you can sell a club on there by best offer and receive no payment. You send a payment reminder 2 days later and get a message saying that because I donít accept returns, they are no longer interested and wonít be purchasing the club.

    Time wasters

  6. #36
    Assistant Pro inc0gnito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    166

    Re: Ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by Wabinez View Post
    Alternatively, you can sell a club on there by best offer and receive no payment. You send a payment reminder 2 days later and get a message saying that because I donít accept returns, they are no longer interested and wonít be purchasing the club.

    Time wasters
    Donít think Iíve ever seen anyone accept returns!

  7. #37
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by inc0gnito View Post
    Donít think Iíve ever seen anyone accept returns!

    You have to now. Don't or very rarely sell on ebay now as a few donkeys spoil it for everyone. I've had a couple of things returned that have been used. All you need to say is that is doesn't match the description and ebay ALWAYS side with the purchaser.
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf

  8. #38
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,971

    Re: Ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by inc0gnito View Post
    Donít think Iíve ever seen anyone accept returns!
    Same....

  9. #39
    Challenge Tour Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    585

    Re: Ebay

    Its laughable that people put 'I don't accept returns' in their listing as if it means something - utter waste of time. You will have no choice if the buyer decides so

  10. #40
    Assistant Pro Canary Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    115

    Re: Ebay

    I donít like bidding wars. I have bought a lot of clubs on eBay over the years, but I only ever buy ďbuy it nowĒ items.
    Slinfold Golf & Country Club (Handicap 22). Callaway driver, woods and hybrids. Ping irons. Callaway wedges. Odyssey putter. Srixon balls.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

54 Common Golf Questions You Asked GoogleÖ Answered

Here we take a look at some of the most common golf questions asked on Google using their auto-correct system

June 22, 2018

Greg Norman Poses Nude For ESPN Body Issue

The Great White Shark has got his kit off for ESPN's Body Issue

June 22, 2018

What Tour Players Splash Their Cash On

With millions in the bank, what do pro golfers spend their money on?

June 21, 2018

Play in the BMW Golf Cup International at Woburn

Golf Monthly readers are being offered the exclusive opportunity to play in the Regional Final for the BMW Golf Cup International over the superb Marquess Course at Woburn with a chance to go on and compete in the National and World Finals in St Andrews and Mexico.

June 21, 2018