Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ebay

Re: Ebay

If i just watch an item it goes for peanuts.

Once i bid it goes crazy.

I enjoy the bid battle but it is a joke that people can freely use snipes. Ruins the fun.

I sometimes, when bored, put in very low bids for stuff (golf) that I don't actually need but would be cool to buy for a stupid price. Never won anything this way as yet. There's far too many people on the bay now.
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

Head Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyface View Post
    I sometimes, when bored, put in very low bids for stuff (golf) that I don't actually need but would be cool to buy for a stupid price. Never won anything this way as yet. There's far too many people on the bay now.
    I am ashamed to say I have pushed up bids on items that I don't actually want just for the fun of it. I have come very close to winning stuff I dont want. Purely experimental. I would like to apologise to those that bought the item where I have artificially inflated the price just for the hell of it. If you bid early you leave yourself exposed to people like me bored and seeking mischief

Quote Originally Posted by jusme View Post
    I am ashamed to say I have pushed up bids on items that I don't actually want just for the fun of it. I have come very close to winning stuff I dont want. Purely experimental. I would like to apologise to those that bought the item where I have artificially inflated the price just for the hell of it. If you bid early you leave yourself exposed to people like me bored and seeking mischief
    You owe me £278.42
    Comp Set- Driver-Titleist 909 D2, x3 wood-Mizuno MP001, x5 wood-Cobra S2, xHybrid-Mizuno MX700 20 deg, xx
    Irons- Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-PW, xxMizuno Tour Style 52 & Vokey 56 deg,xxPutter - Odyssey White Steel No 1
    Old School Clubs - Too many to list.
    2017 H'cap - Start 10.8, finish 12.0

Journeyman Pro

Alternatively, you can sell a club on there by best offer and receive no payment. You send a payment reminder 2 days later and get a message saying that because I donít accept returns, they are no longer interested and wonít be purchasing the club.

Time wasters

Medal Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Wabinez View Post
    Alternatively, you can sell a club on there by best offer and receive no payment. You send a payment reminder 2 days later and get a message saying that because I donít accept returns, they are no longer interested and wonít be purchasing the club.

Time wasters
    Donít think Iíve ever seen anyone accept returns!

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by inc0gnito View Post

You have to now. Don't or very rarely sell on ebay now as a few donkeys spoil it for everyone. I've had a couple of things returned that have been used. All you need to say is that is doesn't match the description and ebay ALWAYS side with the purchaser.
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by inc0gnito View Post
    Same....

Head Pro

Its laughable that people put 'I don't accept returns' in their listing as if it means something - utter waste of time. You will have no choice if the buyer decides so

I donít like bidding wars. I have bought a lot of clubs on eBay over the years, but I only ever buy ďbuy it nowĒ items.
    Slinfold Golf & Country Club (Handicap 20)