Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: Ebay

  1. #31
    Ryder Cup Winner garyinderry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11,790

    Re: Ebay

    If i just watch an item it goes for peanuts.

    Once i bid it goes crazy.

    I enjoy the bid battle but it is a joke that people can freely use snipes. Ruins the fun.

  2. #32
    Tour Winner Crazyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: Ebay

    I sometimes, when bored, put in very low bids for stuff (golf) that I don't actually need but would be cool to buy for a stupid price. Never won anything this way as yet. There's far too many people on the bay now.
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

  3. #33
    Head Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    380

    Re: Ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyface View Post
    I sometimes, when bored, put in very low bids for stuff (golf) that I don't actually need but would be cool to buy for a stupid price. Never won anything this way as yet. There's far too many people on the bay now.
    I am ashamed to say I have pushed up bids on items that I don't actually want just for the fun of it. I have come very close to winning stuff I dont want. Purely experimental. I would like to apologise to those that bought the item where I have artificially inflated the price just for the hell of it. If you bid early you leave yourself exposed to people like me bored and seeking mischief

  4. #34
    Tour Winner Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    4,517

    Re: Ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by jusme View Post
    I am ashamed to say I have pushed up bids on items that I don't actually want just for the fun of it. I have come very close to winning stuff I dont want. Purely experimental. I would like to apologise to those that bought the item where I have artificially inflated the price just for the hell of it. If you bid early you leave yourself exposed to people like me bored and seeking mischief
    You owe me £278.42
    Comp Set- Driver-Titleist 909 D2, x3 wood-Mizuno MP001, x5 wood-Cobra S2, xHybrid-Mizuno MX700 20 deg, xx
    Irons- Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-PW, xxMizuno Tour Style 52 & Vokey 56 deg,xxPutter - Odyssey White Steel No 1
    Old School Clubs - Too many to list.
    2017 H'cap - Start 10.8, finish 12.0

  5. #35
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,895

    Re: Ebay

    Alternatively, you can sell a club on there by best offer and receive no payment. You send a payment reminder 2 days later and get a message saying that because I donít accept returns, they are no longer interested and wonít be purchasing the club.

    Time wasters

  6. #36
    Medal Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    37

    Re: Ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by Wabinez View Post
    Alternatively, you can sell a club on there by best offer and receive no payment. You send a payment reminder 2 days later and get a message saying that because I donít accept returns, they are no longer interested and wonít be purchasing the club.

    Time wasters
    Donít think Iíve ever seen anyone accept returns!

  7. #37
    Tour Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by inc0gnito View Post
    Donít think Iíve ever seen anyone accept returns!

    You have to now. Don't or very rarely sell on ebay now as a few donkeys spoil it for everyone. I've had a couple of things returned that have been used. All you need to say is that is doesn't match the description and ebay ALWAYS side with the purchaser.
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf

  8. #38
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,895

    Re: Ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by inc0gnito View Post
    Donít think Iíve ever seen anyone accept returns!
    Same....

  9. #39
    Head Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    380

    Re: Ebay

    Its laughable that people put 'I don't accept returns' in their listing as if it means something - utter waste of time. You will have no choice if the buyer decides so

  10. #40
    Club Champion Canary Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    58

    Re: Ebay

    I donít like bidding wars. I have bought a lot of clubs on eBay over the years, but I only ever buy ďbuy it nowĒ items.
    Slinfold Golf & Country Club (Handicap 20)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Black Friday Adidas Deals

Adidas have a superb sale on for Black Friday with 30% off everything - including the already reduced prices on their outlet

November 22, 2017

Black Friday Golf Deals

Black Friday is the busiest time for shoppers to find great deals on the web, there are plenty of golf deals that are on offer on the day and before and after, we have collated the best ones we have found on the internet

November 22, 2017

Black Friday Nike Golf Deals

There are some outstanding offers for men and women on the Nike store this Black Friday

November 22, 2017

Better Than Half-Priced Adidas Adicross Gripmore 2.0 Shoes for £48.97

Check out these super Adidas Adicross Gripmore 2.0 Shoes part of the excellent adidas Black Friday sale

November 22, 2017

Black Friday Deals Best Golf Shoes 2017

Best Golf Shoes 2017 - New technology and styling mean there has never been as much choice in the golf shoe market. Here are 11 of the best golf shoes 2017

November 22, 2017