Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay

Ebay

not happy!!!!!!
    I was bidding on a putter and winning,only a few hours left and the item vanishes from the site. Ok ,no problem with that ,sold elsewhere was my assumption . WRONG . The reason given was no bids on the putter and was removed to put back on sale again .
    there was two bids on the putter and although it was really low in bidding there were bids placed.
    Have I got a reason to be miffed at this ,or am I being a spoilt child because I didnt get my putter for next to nothing.

surely if an item has had bids placed that the seller cant just remove the item stating no bids were placed as an excuse.
    bad form imo.
    you thoughts would be welcome on this
    common sense is so rare it should be classed as a super power.

Club Champion

Re: Ebay

He should have set a reserve on the putter. Cant blame him for not wanting it to go for next to nothing though.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf1488 View Post
    He should have set a reserve on the putter. Cant blame him for not wanting it to go for next to nothing though.
    Bad idea. I never bid on auctions with a reserve set, can't be bothered messing about with multiple bids to discover what the reserve is. On occasions I've messaged the seller & they've told me!

When I sell, I set the opening bid to the lowest amount I'm prepared to accept & note "no reserve" prominently in the description.
    Taylormade M1 9½°, Matrix Black Tie 6M3 Regular
    Taylormade SLDR 3 wood
    Taylormade SLDR 5 wood
    TaylormadeSLDR Rescue 22°
    Mizuno JPX850 forged irons 4 - PW
    Titelist Vokey 50 & 58 wedges
    Cure RX4 putter (heavyweight magic wand)
    Vice Pro Plus ball
    H/C 9 @ ssgc.co.uk

Chances are you would not have got it for next to nothing. Most bids that win are put in during a frantic final minute then crazy last 10 seconds.

Thats before you even think about gettinf sniped which is auto bid application.

Blackballed

Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd View Post

not happy!!!!!!
    I was bidding on a putter and winning,only a few hours left and the item vanishes from the site. Ok ,no problem with that ,sold elsewhere was my assumption . WRONG . The reason given was no bids on the putter and was removed to put back on sale again .
    there was two bids on the putter and although it was really low in bidding there were bids placed.
    Have I got a reason to be miffed at this ,or am I being a spoilt child because I didnt get my putter for next to nothing.

surely if an item has had bids placed that the seller cant just remove the item stating no bids were placed as an excuse.
    bad form imo.
    you thoughts would be welcome on this
    The seller got cold feet thinking his putter is going to sell for next to nothing so pulls it but as us ebay uses know items generally make their money right at the end of the auction.Example; had a set of Titleist 690mb irons that were pottering in the 40 £ mark for ages only for them to make £120 within the last 2 minutes,I would have accepted £80 for them .

Dont think you can cancel an auction in the last 12 hours.

Expect a bit of nonsense with buying/selling on ebay and you wont get disappointed.

I sold my Cally irons recently, winning bid was £138, buyer had a sob story about waiting to get paid, anyway gave him a day to think about it and he cancelled as I could sense he would. Didn't stress me as I'd had a good bit of interest. 2nd chance offer wasn't taken so had to relist. You'd think it would be a pain relisting but re-auctioned a few days later, went for £198.

On that occassion was happy original buyer welched. Silver linings...

Ah! The joys of Ebay!

Sniping is the way to go!

Set your max price and no worries about getting hooked in a bidding war!

not had particular issues with selling stuff either - it all happens in the last few seconds (with snipes!) these days!
    Adams Speedline 9.5* Tech Rul 54 S
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 13.5* Matrix Red Tie 70R
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 16.5* Matrix Red Tie 70S
    Adams XTD TI 20* at 21* Matrix Red Tie S
    Adams XTD TI 23* at 24* Matrix Red Tie S
    Titleist 913 27* Diamana Kuro Kage S
    McGregor PCB Tour 6-PW S300
    Cleveland 588 Forged 52, 58
    Seemore Si1 33" or Bettinardi Baby Bee CS 33"

Ia Ora Te Natura
    E Mea Arofa Teie Ao Nei

I really like the way eBay works now.

Type in your max offer and leave it. You either win or you don’t.

It's great sometimes, sent in a very cheeky offer on a Patagonia jacket earlier I'd been watching and even apologised for the derisory offer, however buyer accepted, sometimes any cash is better than holding stock I suppose. Happy days.................. as long as it is Patagonia and not Patagucci or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by ScienceBoy View Post
    I really like the way eBay works now.

Type in your max offer and leave it. You either win or you don’t.
    It always worked like that as I understood it??