Page 85 of 92 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: Tigers back.

Ryder Cup Winner

Re: Tigers back.

Quote Originally Posted by Parsaregood View Post
    Really don't get why these niggling injuries would cause regular 3 and 4 putts, also obviously they won't affect his ability to hit wedge shots if he can hit drivers. You can be as good tee to green as you want but if you can't chip and putt forget it, his putting is the worst of any top player by a considerable amount
    Injuries would surprise you what effect they have, but get your point. His short game is honking, putting especially

Really don't get why these niggling injuries would cause regular 3 and 4 putts, also obviously they won't affect his ability to hit wedge shots if he can hit drivers. You can be as good tee to green as you want but if you can't chip and putt forget it, his putting is the worst of any top player by a considerable amount
    The stats would back you up https://www.pgatour.com/players/play...y-mcilroy.html but I still think the fact he's a multi-major winner indicates that he is more than capable of getting it done. The issue with McIlroy is he's streaky at best and so at his best he's as good as anyone but when it's off its pretty bad, and if he really does chuck in the towel if he can't make cuts or win, then it'll be ugly viewing

It's without question the best woods has been swinging since at least 09 so itl be very exciting to watch the masters and other major events this season. Apart from the missed cut a t23 finish a 12th finish and a t2 finish so trending very nicely for him. I'm sure he will get back to his old ways before long if the health keeps good because he divinely still has the desire and ability

So Mcilroy ranks on the pga tour 151st approach to the green, 119th around the green and 124th putting

Ryder Cup Winner

It's without question the best woods has been swinging since at least 09 so itl be very exciting to watch the masters and other major events this season. Apart from the missed cut a t23 finish a 12th finish and a t2 finish so trending very nicely for him. I'm sure he will get back to his old ways before long if the health keeps good because he divinely still has the desire and ability
    He hit it pretty well in 2013, did everything but win a major that year

I think a win is around the corner for Woods and once he gets that winning feeling and confidence back we may see him return to something resembling his 2013 season. I also think he is capable of winning majors again. The youngsters have never experienced the real Tiger and if he returns to his best the Tiger effect will have an impact on them coming down the stretch in a major.
    PING i25 3-U
    Taylormade R11S
    Glide wedge 54
    Vokey SM6 58
    Bettinardi mallet putter
    Taylormade TP5 ball
    Hcap 4.6

H4H challenge
    Chimpo1 V NWJocko
    4.6 V 4.6

Quote Originally Posted by PieMan View Post
    Oooh not sure it was that blatant - had me for a while........😉😂😂
    I did disguise it well didn’t I?

It's a shame you can't disguise the facts well !

It's a shame you can't disguise the facts well !
    Which facts are those sports fan?

Not really sure you follow golf much or look up stats etc, give an opinion using recent form and facts to back up only for the bbashers to post pure nonsense, I didn't say he wasn't a good player incapable of winning at any time but given recent form and stats over the last year or so I don't think his game is up there at the moment