Page 85 of 92 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 915

Thread: Tigers back.

  1. #841
    Ryder Cup Winner
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    11,939

    Re: Tigers back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Parsaregood View Post
    Really don't get why these niggling injuries would cause regular 3 and 4 putts, also obviously they won't affect his ability to hit wedge shots if he can hit drivers. You can be as good tee to green as you want but if you can't chip and putt forget it, his putting is the worst of any top player by a considerable amount
    Injuries would surprise you what effect they have, but get your point. His short game is honking, putting especially

  2. #842
    Hall of Famer HomerJSimpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bracknell - Berkshire
    Posts
    62,438

    Re: Tigers back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Parsaregood View Post
    Really don't get why these niggling injuries would cause regular 3 and 4 putts, also obviously they won't affect his ability to hit wedge shots if he can hit drivers. You can be as good tee to green as you want but if you can't chip and putt forget it, his putting is the worst of any top player by a considerable amount
    The stats would back you up https://www.pgatour.com/players/play...y-mcilroy.html but I still think the fact he's a multi-major winner indicates that he is more than capable of getting it done. The issue with McIlroy is he's streaky at best and so at his best he's as good as anyone but when it's off its pretty bad, and if he really does chuck in the towel if he can't make cuts or win, then it'll be ugly viewing

  3. #843

    Re: Tigers back.

    It's without question the best woods has been swinging since at least 09 so itl be very exciting to watch the masters and other major events this season. Apart from the missed cut a t23 finish a 12th finish and a t2 finish so trending very nicely for him. I'm sure he will get back to his old ways before long if the health keeps good because he divinely still has the desire and ability

  4. #844

    Re: Tigers back.

    So Mcilroy ranks on the pga tour 151st approach to the green, 119th around the green and 124th putting

  5. #845
    Ryder Cup Winner
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    11,939

    Re: Tigers back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Parsaregood View Post
    It's without question the best woods has been swinging since at least 09 so itl be very exciting to watch the masters and other major events this season. Apart from the missed cut a t23 finish a 12th finish and a t2 finish so trending very nicely for him. I'm sure he will get back to his old ways before long if the health keeps good because he divinely still has the desire and ability
    He hit it pretty well in 2013, did everything but win a major that year

  6. #846
    Assistant Pro chimpo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Caerphilly
    Posts
    192

    Re: Tigers back.

    I think a win is around the corner for Woods and once he gets that winning feeling and confidence back we may see him return to something resembling his 2013 season. I also think he is capable of winning majors again. The youngsters have never experienced the real Tiger and if he returns to his best the Tiger effect will have an impact on them coming down the stretch in a major.
    PING i25 3-U
    Taylormade R11S
    Glide wedge 54
    Vokey SM6 58
    Bettinardi mallet putter
    Taylormade TP5 ball
    Hcap 4.6

    H4H challenge
    Chimpo1 V NWJocko
    4.6 V 4.6

  7. #847
    Tour Winner JamesR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    3,844

    Re: Tigers back.

    Quote Originally Posted by PieMan View Post
    Oooh not sure it was that blatant - had me for a while........😉😂😂
    I did disguise it well didn’t I?

  8. #848

    Re: Tigers back.

    It's a shame you can't disguise the facts well !

  9. #849
    Tour Winner JamesR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    3,844

    Re: Tigers back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Parsaregood View Post
    It's a shame you can't disguise the facts well !
    Which facts are those sports fan?

  10. #850

    Re: Tigers back.

    Not really sure you follow golf much or look up stats etc, give an opinion using recent form and facts to back up only for the bbashers to post pure nonsense, I didn't say he wasn't a good player incapable of winning at any time but given recent form and stats over the last year or so I don't think his game is up there at the moment

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

54 Common Golf Questions You Asked Google… Answered

Here we take a look at some of the most common golf questions asked on Google using their auto-correct system

June 22, 2018

Greg Norman Poses Nude For ESPN Body Issue

The Great White Shark has got his kit off for ESPN's Body Issue

June 22, 2018

What Tour Players Splash Their Cash On

With millions in the bank, what do pro golfers spend their money on?

June 21, 2018

Play in the BMW Golf Cup International at Woburn

Golf Monthly readers are being offered the exclusive opportunity to play in the Regional Final for the BMW Golf Cup International over the superb Marquess Course at Woburn with a chance to go on and compete in the National and World Finals in St Andrews and Mexico.

June 21, 2018