Page 83 of 92 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: Tigers back.

Re: Tigers back.

Quote Originally Posted by Parsaregood View Post
    I'd expect him to be very much in contention, nobody knows that place better, 8 wins there over the years so definitely a course he likes and has good memories from
    Definitely in good form so it would be good to see him carry that on with Augusta looming. As you say, it's a course he'll have positive feelings about.

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    Really good to see he appears not just over his injuries but able to be competitive, long may it continue

The media hype will undoubtedly annoy folks who arenít fans of his and thatís understandable (no diff to fans of footie teams the world over that donít get the coverage of the big boys or any other sport) and we are talking about the US media too, so itís all going to be kicked up a notch or 8 on the silliness scale

Iím sure itíll calm down a tad the longer he stays fit and hopefully the on course fans calm down a bit too because shouting/cheering on his downswing seemed like the norm on Sunday, and if/when he can get a win itíll spike to lunacy levels
    (but in our golfing world his Ďjourney backí is a huge huge (positive?) story that can transcend to fans of other sports and not much in golf can do that)

Some might benefit from a single minded media as the Masters hypes up with a little scrutiny lifted off Roryís shoulders which wonít do him any harm while others might miss out a bit with Sergio not getting quite the recognition the current champion might otherwise get

Overall though I donít think Tigerís game benefits ially expect him to con any way from this level of acute media/fan attention so I suppose heís the real one losing out
    Personally I think the UK/European media completely overrate and expect to much from Rory. In my opinion much better players of the same age/younger than Rory, his Short game and putting are well below what you'd expect of a top player and until he sorts his problems there I don't contend in any strong field tournaments. Round Augusta his Short game will be found wanting and his putting is just terrible, too many tight lies into the grain for him at Augusta

He's the Favourite for Bay Hill and currently 2nd Favourite for the Masters behind DJ.

Never thought I'd be typing that out 6 months ago..

I'd imagine he will creep up to no1 favourite if he finishes top 5 at bayhill which I think there is a very good chance

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    He's the Favourite for Bay Hill and currently 2nd Favourite for the Masters behind DJ.

Never thought I'd be typing that out 6 months ago..
    Amazing isn't it. A couple of decent weeks and suddenly he's second favourite. As much as I'd like to see Woods right in the mix on the back nine on Sunday, I'm not sure I'd put him as second favourite based on the comeback to date

Quote Originally Posted by Parsaregood View Post
    Personally I think the UK/European media completely overrate and expect to much from Rory. In my opinion much better players of the same age/younger than Rory, his Short game and putting are well below what you'd expect of a top player and until he sorts his problems there I don't contend in any strong field tournaments. Round Augusta his Short game will be found wanting and his putting is just terrible, too many tight lies into the grain for him at Augusta
    I agree, Rory is rubbish!
    How he thinks he could ever be successful is beyond me!?!
    Heíll never be the best player in the world, or win anything significant, there must be hundreds of better players than him!

Boo Rory!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Heíll never be the best player in the world, or win anything significant, there must be hundreds of better players than him!

Boo Rory!!!
    Are you for real? How many majors has McIlroy won. Think they might count as significant wins. 93 weeks as world #1

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post

Boo Rory!!!
    😂😂😂😂

Yes massively over-rated and over-hyped. 😀

Will now probably go and win the Masters by 5-10 shots!!

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Are you for real? How many majors has McIlroy won. Think they might count as significant wins. 93 weeks as world #1
    Sense the tone!!!!

That's as blatant as sarcasm can be. Jeeeez
    My own H4H. Challenge. Get to 16 or pop £20in the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Papas1982 View Post
    Sense the tone!!!!

That's as blatant as sarcasm can be. Jeeeez

It was clear as day sarcasm 😂😂😂😂