Supplementary scores Question

I recently put a decent supplementary card in at my home club and had my hcap reduced but had it was subsequently revoked because I was playing with a member friend of a neighbouring club who signed my card. I cant find any rules anywhere that states that this cant be submitted. Anyone any definitive answer to whether this can be allowed?
    In My Bag: Driver: Cobra Amp Cell 9.5 Deg, Cobra Amp Cell 3 wood, Cobra Amp Cell 2 Hybrid, Mizuno MP5's 3-PW, Taylormade ZXT 52 and 58 Wedges, Scotty Newport FastbackCurrent HCAP - 6.6, aim to get to 4.5. Chester le Street Golf Club

Re: Supplementary scores Question

Your club will have a rule as to who is an "acceptable" person to sign your card.
    Sometimes it can be anyone with a CONGU handicap, sometimes it needs to be a fellow club member with handicap.
    It varies so you need to find out what the procedure is at your club.
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.8 at Whipsnade Park

H4H Handicap challenge Vs r0wly86

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

Challenge Tour Pro mikejohnchapman's Avatar

Frustrating as the material difference is zero.

Golf has always been a sport of personal integrity so why wouldn't another club member be as acceptable as one of your own?
    Callaway XR16 Driver
    Titleist 915 F 3 Wood
    Ping G400 17 Deg Hybrid
    Mizuno H5 4 Iron
    Mizuno JPX 900 5-PW
    Titleist Vokey 50, 54 & 58 Deg Wedges
    Scotty Camerion Newport DB putter

H/c 4.5

Tour Winner

Definition
    A marker may be anyone appointed by the Committee. Definition Marker A "marker" is one who is appointed by the Committee to record a competitor's score in stroke play. He may be a fellow-competitor. He is not a referee.

If they wish, the Committee can appoint a member with a handicap, or they can appoint a passer-by with no affiliation at all.
    Last edited by rulefan; 11-Oct-2017 at 17:45.

Quote Originally Posted by mikejohnchapman View Post
    Frustrating as the material difference is zero.

Golf has always been a sport of personal integrity so why wouldn't another club member be as acceptable as one of your own?
    I'm afraid that there a number of clubs who are unreasonably suspicious of anything/anyone outside their gates. I even had one club who tried to refuse qualifying scores for one of my members who was a member of both clubs.