Supplementary scores Question

I recently put a decent supplementary card in at my home club and had my hcap reduced but had it was subsequently revoked because I was playing with a member friend of a neighbouring club who signed my card. I cant find any rules anywhere that states that this cant be submitted. Anyone any definitive answer to whether this can be allowed?
    In My Bag: Driver: Cobra Amp Cell 9.5 Deg, Cobra Amp Cell 3 wood, Cobra Amp Cell 2 Hybrid, Mizuno MP5's 3-PW, Taylormade ZXT 52 and 58 Wedges, Scotty Newport FastbackCurrent HCAP - 6.6, aim to get to 4.5. Chester le Street Golf Club

Re: Supplementary scores Question

Your club will have a rule as to who is an "acceptable" person to sign your card.
    Sometimes it can be anyone with a CONGU handicap, sometimes it needs to be a fellow club member with handicap.
    It varies so you need to find out what the procedure is at your club.
    Epic 10
    Big Bertha 3w 15
    Big Bertha 5w 19
    Big Bertha 4h 22
    Launcher 5h 26
    Legacy Black V 6-PW
    X 50/12
    MD2 54/14 , 58/14c
    ProType 2-Ball/TT3

Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

Challenge Tour Pro mikejohnchapman's Avatar

Frustrating as the material difference is zero.

Golf has always been a sport of personal integrity so why wouldn't another club member be as acceptable as one of your own?
    Callaway XR16 Driver
    Titleist 915 F 3 Wood
    Titleist 910 H 18 Deg Hybrid
    Mizuno H5 4 Iron
    Mizuno JPX 900 5-PW
    Titleist Vokey 50, 54 & 58 Deg Wedges
    Scotty Camerion Newport DB putter

H/c 4.9

Tour Winner

Definition
    A marker may be anyone appointed by the Committee. Definition Marker A "marker" is one who is appointed by the Committee to record a competitor's score in stroke play. He may be a fellow-competitor. He is not a referee.

If they wish, the Committee can appoint a member with a handicap, or they can appoint a passer-by with no affiliation at all.
    Last edited by rulefan; 11-Oct-2017 at 17:45.

Quote Originally Posted by mikejohnchapman View Post
    Frustrating as the material difference is zero.

Golf has always been a sport of personal integrity so why wouldn't another club member be as acceptable as one of your own?
    I'm afraid that there a number of clubs who are unreasonably suspicious of anything/anyone outside their gates. I even had one club who tried to refuse qualifying scores for one of my members who was a member of both clubs.