Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 148
  1. #21
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,207

    Re: Idiots behind the wheel

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellfire View Post
    Yea, imagine using a road the way it's supposed to be used...
    so when you're joining a road from a filter lane do you use the filter lane to the very end if there's zero traffic on the road?

  2. #22
    Tour Winner Kellfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    York
    Posts
    3,214

    Re: Idiots behind the wheel

    Quote Originally Posted by hovis View Post
    so when you're joining a road from a filter lane do you use the filter lane to the very end if there's zero traffic on the road?
    I'll try to build up my speed adequately on it to make sure that something that may not be visible won't have to brake for me, but no I don't as a rule.

    Completely different scenario though, as the example of filtering traffic is only really an issue when traffic is incredibly slow.
    2015 = Worst golf season in memory - End handicap 15.2 - now with added 1.0 after review = 16.2

  3. #23
    Tour Winner Kellfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    York
    Posts
    3,214

    Re: Idiots behind the wheel

    Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    yep and Undertaking is against the Highway code
    Who mentioned undertaking?
    2015 = Worst golf season in memory - End handicap 15.2 - now with added 1.0 after review = 16.2

  4. #24
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,207

    Re: Idiots behind the wheel

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellfire View Post
    Completely different scenario though, as the example of filtering traffic is only really an issue when traffic is incredibly slow.
    no it's not. filter lanes are designed to allow you to get upto speed before you join the carriage way to reduce the impact on the traffic already travelling at speed. if the traffic is stand still you should join the traffic as soon as possible. not use the filter lane to progress down the queue ahead of everyone

  5. #25
    Tour Winner Kellfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    York
    Posts
    3,214

    Re: Idiots behind the wheel

    Quote Originally Posted by hovis View Post
    no it's not. filter lanes are designed to allow you to get upto speed before you join the carriage way to reduce the impact on the traffic already travelling at speed. if the traffic is stand still you should join the traffic as soon as possible. not use the filter lane to progress down the queue ahead of everyone

    We're talking about different type of filter lanes. Read my description again.
    2015 = Worst golf season in memory - End handicap 15.2 - now with added 1.0 after review = 16.2

  6. #26
    Ryder Cup Winner patricks148's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    13,083

    Re: Idiots behind the wheel

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellfire View Post
    Who mentioned undertaking?
    you did

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellfire View Post
    My main gripe is when people refuse to use a filter lane because they think it looks rude. THEY EXIST FOR A REASON.

    Yep, I'm that guy who speeds past you all and cuts back in at the top. Because that's what that lane is meant for!
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

    The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

  7. #27
    Tour Winner Kellfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    York
    Posts
    3,214

    Re: Idiots behind the wheel

    Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    you did
    Nope, I explained in more detail.

    In this instance I would be filtering in from the right, after a roundabout.
    2015 = Worst golf season in memory - End handicap 15.2 - now with added 1.0 after review = 16.2

  8. #28
    Tour Winner Kellfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    York
    Posts
    3,214

    Re: Idiots behind the wheel

    filter.jpg

    In my scenario, the red lane is chockablock. I join the road in the green lane and filter in from it at the top. As it's designed to be used.

    We're talking apples and oranges I think.
    2015 = Worst golf season in memory - End handicap 15.2 - now with added 1.0 after review = 16.2

  9. #29
    Ryder Cup Winner patricks148's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    13,083

    Re: Idiots behind the wheel

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellfire View Post
    Who mentioned undertaking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellfire View Post
    My main gripe is when people refuse to use a filter lane because they think it looks rude. THEY EXIST FOR A REASON.

    Yep, I'm that guy who speeds past you all and cuts back in at the top. Because that's what that lane is meant for!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellfire View Post
    filter.jpg

    In my scenario, the red lane is chockablock. I join the road in the green lane and filter in from it at the top. As it's designed to be used.

    We're talking apples and oranges I think.
    what you are on about isn't the filter lane.

    the filter lane would be the one coming to the roundabout not after is. after it you are just in a lane
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

    The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

  10. #30
    Tour Winner Kellfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    York
    Posts
    3,214

    Re: Idiots behind the wheel

    The lane on the right exists to stop the roundabout bunching up. But people don't use it for the reasons I've outlined.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Tyrrell Hatton What’s In The Bag?

We take a look at the gear used by Tyrrell Hatton in winning the Italian Open a week after successfully defending his Alfred Dunhill Links title

October 16, 2017

WATCH: Tiger Woods Back Hitting Drivers

The 14-time major winner looks closer to a return after he posted a video hitting a drive

October 16, 2017

Tyrrell Hatton wins Italian Open

Tyrrell Hatton made it two European Tour wins in two weeks, claiming the Italian Open at Golf Club Milano by a shot from Kiradech Aphibarnrat and Ross Fisher.

October 15, 2017

Pat Perez wins CIMB Classic

Pat Perez clinched his third PGA Tour victory with a four-shot win over fellow American Keegan Bradley in the CIMB Classic at TPC Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia.

October 15, 2017

Quiz Of The Week – 13th October

Just how much have you been paying attention to the world of golf this week? Test your knowledge...

October 13, 2017