Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Tour Winner

Re: Idiots behind the wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Kellfire View Post
    Yea, imagine using a road the way it's supposed to be used...
    so when you're joining a road from a filter lane do you use the filter lane to the very end if there's zero traffic on the road?

Quote Originally Posted by hovis View Post
    so when you're joining a road from a filter lane do you use the filter lane to the very end if there's zero traffic on the road?
    I'll try to build up my speed adequately on it to make sure that something that may not be visible won't have to brake for me, but no I don't as a rule.

Completely different scenario though, as the example of filtering traffic is only really an issue when traffic is incredibly slow.
    2015 = Worst golf season in memory - End handicap 15.2 - now with added 1.0 after review = 16.2

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    yep and Undertaking is against the Highway code
    Who mentioned undertaking?
    2015 = Worst golf season in memory - End handicap 15.2 - now with added 1.0 after review = 16.2

Tour Winner

Completely different scenario though, as the example of filtering traffic is only really an issue when traffic is incredibly slow.
    no it's not. filter lanes are designed to allow you to get upto speed before you join the carriage way to reduce the impact on the traffic already travelling at speed. if the traffic is stand still you should join the traffic as soon as possible. not use the filter lane to progress down the queue ahead of everyone

Quote Originally Posted by hovis View Post
    no it's not. filter lanes are designed to allow you to get upto speed before you join the carriage way to reduce the impact on the traffic already travelling at speed. if the traffic is stand still you should join the traffic as soon as possible. not use the filter lane to progress down the queue ahead of everyone

We're talking about different type of filter lanes. Read my description again.

you did

My main gripe is when people refuse to use a filter lane because they think it looks rude. THEY EXIST FOR A REASON.

Yep, I'm that guy who speeds past you all and cuts back in at the top. Because that's what that lane is meant for!
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    you did
    Nope, I explained in more detail.

In this instance I would be filtering in from the right, after a roundabout.

filter.jpg

In my scenario, the red lane is chockablock. I join the road in the green lane and filter in from it at the top. As it's designed to be used.

We're talking apples and oranges I think.

My main gripe is when people refuse to use a filter lane because they think it looks rude. THEY EXIST FOR A REASON.

Yep, I'm that guy who speeds past you all and cuts back in at the top. Because that's what that lane is meant for!
    filter.jpg

In my scenario, the red lane is chockablock. I join the road in the green lane and filter in from it at the top. As it's designed to be used.

We're talking apples and oranges I think.
    what you are on about isn't the filter lane.

the filter lane would be the one coming to the roundabout not after is. after it you are just in a lane
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

The lane on the right exists to stop the roundabout bunching up. But people don't use it for the reasons I've outlined.