Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wales

Re: Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    So you have to be on crutches to be injured then ?

Clueless
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    Unbelievable post Crazyface, absolutely unbelievable

Right, I'm off to find out the exact extent to the injury GB had. I haven't actually followed it all just saw him watching the game. Now if it turns out he's proper poorly then I'll take it all back and appologise.
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

I drove over to the Vale of Glamorgan this year and thought my swing had not crossed the Severn Bridge. Now I know from this post there is a mental block moving into Wales as well. A definite contender (and there have been some memorable entries) for stupid post of the year.

Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane insisted Bale would be fit enough for Wales and said he could have even made the bench against Espanyol if Los Blancos needed him.

“He will travel with his international team,” the Real boss said on the weekend. “He could have played with us [against Espanyol] but I preferred to leave him out as he had a small complaint.

“He's fine. After so many games at the start of the season and four months of injury, he was suffering after the game in Dortmund."

From ZZ. Seems ok.
    In My Bag
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

I'd say the vast majority if not all the folk I know over the bridge really aren't bothered...
    It's the wrong shape ball...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSteve View Post
    I'd say the vast majority if not all the folk I know over the bridge really aren't bothered...
    It's the wrong shape ball...
    The way those present sang their national anthem was an inspiration. Awesome !
    In My Bag
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMickie View Post
    I thought we had heard the last of the old myth that Giggs could have played for England.

For the last time; going to school in England doesn't qualify a player for the national side.

As for the OP Iwould suggest a trip to the doctor to get his meds changed.
    I've no argument with Giggs playing for Wales but I would suggest he should have played an awful lot more for them. He ended his Welsh career with 64 caps. He should have been 3 figures easily. We know Fergie put pressure on him but the same applies to the other Utd players and they kept pulling the shirt on. Maybe we will never know the full truth but if I were a Welsh fan I would not put him in the same bracket as Bale.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

I have met GB and from listening to him, I am certain if he was ok to play, he would have done. Forget any subsequent comment from his Club.

The belt the National Anthem out over here as their Welsh Nationality and language is drummed into them from early school age.... bit different in England where the opposite applies
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyface View Post
    Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane insisted Bale would be fit enough for Wales and said he could have even made the bench against Espanyol if Los Blancos needed him.

“He will travel with his international team,” the Real boss said on the weekend. “He could have played with us [against Espanyol] but I preferred to leave him out as he had a small complaint.

“He's fine. After so many games at the start of the season and four months of injury, he was suffering after the game in Dortmund."

From ZZ. Seems ok.
    And yet the club are now suggesting that he is likely to be out for a month.

If you are saying that the player decided he didn't fancy playing even though he was fit enough then I can only say that you have lost the plot.

BTW Bobby Charlton did miss some games due to injury although not many.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMickie View Post
    I thought we had heard the last of the old myth that Giggs could have played for England.

For the last time; going to school in England doesn't qualify a player for the national side.

You forgot to add that half the welsh and Irish team are cockneys 😂