Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Wales

  1. #1
    Tour Winner Crazyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    2,921

    Wales

    Beaten by ROI, and by Martin O'Neil, who I have the utmost respect for, but, well you knew this was coming, but would you have let Bale sit in the stand watching? Injured or not? I would have told him in no uncertain terms that I don't care about what his club would do, he would be kitted up and ready to do any job I asked of him of the night. For him to jog onto the pitch after ROI scored would have lifted the team, And although I don't like his style of play it's effective and he's got an awful lot more money than me so hey he must be doing something right. Who played on a Sunday morning with a head the size of a beach ball, looking like death, and limping from lord knows what you did on Saturday night? He should have bee told to man up and get out there in his countries hour of need. I hope he realises just what he has done in letting his country down!!!!
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer Liverpoolphil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    37,210

    Re: Wales

    Are you being serious ?!

    He is injured - his club are the ones that paid millions for him and pay his wages every week , if he was injured further then the club would be in their right mind to demand a lot of compensation

    To suggest he has let his country down is poor

  3. #3
    Journeyman Pro IanM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,508

    Re: Wales

    Maybe they should have sent him out on crutches? The wheelchair would leave ruts on the pitch!

    (I am not actually sure what injury he had, but if he could have played he would have...regardless of what his club said)
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

  4. #4
    Tour Winner Crazyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    2,921

    Re: Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Are you being serious ?!

    He is injured - his club are the ones that paid millions for him and pay his wages every week , if he was injured further then the club would be in their right mind to demand a lot of compensation

    To suggest he has let his country down is poor
    Yes, I'm serious. Was he on crutches? No! They didn't even have to say he was injured. Good grief. He should have been ready to play at all costs. Yet another reason why I don't watch these bunch of girls anymore.
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

  5. #5
    Tour Winner therod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    4,847

    Re: Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyface View Post
    Beaten by ROI, and by Martin O'Neil, who I have the utmost respect for, but, well you knew this was coming, but would you have let Bale sit in the stand watching? Injured or not? I would have told him in no uncertain terms that I don't care about what his club would do, he would be kitted up and ready to do any job I asked of him of the night. For him to jog onto the pitch after ROI scored would have lifted the team, And although I don't like his style of play it's effective and he's got an awful lot more money than me so hey he must be doing something right. Who played on a Sunday morning with a head the size of a beach ball, looking like death, and limping from lord knows what you did on Saturday night? He should have bee told to man up and get out there in his countries hour of need. I hope he realises just what he has done in letting his country down!!!!
    I'm not sure how to break this to you......but you seem to have been struck down with some kind of insanity, I can only hope it passes in due course. #prayforcrazyface

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer Liverpoolphil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    37,210

    Re: Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyface View Post
    Yes, I'm serious. Was he on crutches? No! They didn't even have to say he was injured. Good grief. He should have been ready to play at all costs. Yet another reason why I don't watch these bunch of girls anymore.
    So you have to be on crutches to be injured then ?

    Clueless

  7. #7
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,597

    Re: Wales

    For all that Gareth Bale has done for Wales I would suggest that they have let him down, not him let them down. There was more than enough quality in that Wales team for them to Qualify but like USA, Holland and Chile they didn't.
    If you want to have a dig at a player letting Wales down consistantly look no further than Ryan Giggs. Who also let down Man City, England and his family 👍

  8. #8
    Money List Winner Lord Tyrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    7,711

    Re: Wales

    Now then fella's he has clearly been on the pop big time so we should be gentle. Who cares if he tears a muscle further, rips his ligaments more etc. It's not as though Bale is a professional sportsman is he? It doesn't matter if he is out for an extra 6 months compared to 1 month. His boss wont mind.

    CF - How long would it take RoI to work out that Bale couldn't get past walking pace before they realised he was an irrelevance? 5 seconds, 10 seconds? Him coming on the pitch is then entirely pointless as he is a passenger. His team mates know it, RoI know it, the fans know it.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Radius Classic No. 7 Putter

  9. #9
    Major Champion chrisd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    18,312

    Re: Wales

    Unbelievable post Crazyface, absolutely unbelievable
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

    Handicap 12.0

  10. #10
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Gone for good this time!
    Posts
    3,880

    Re: Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    If you want to have a dig at a player letting Wales down consistantly look no further than Ryan Giggs. Who also let down Man City, England and his family 👍
    I thought we had heard the last of the old myth that Giggs could have played for England.

    For the last time; going to school in England doesn't qualify a player for the national side.

    As for the OP Iwould suggest a trip to the doctor to get his meds changed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Golfer Pays $210,000 For A Lesson With Tiger Woods

How much would you pay for a lesson with Tiger?

December 13, 2017

Southwood Golf Course To Close

Southwood Golf Course in Farnborough is to close and will be turned into a natural green space

December 13, 2017

10 New Year’s Resolutions For Every Golfer

A new year calls for new resolutions. It’s time to wipe the worries of 2017 away and start over with a fresh new slate. Dust off your clubs, stock up on tees and forget about all those three putts. Enjoy your golf game even more this season by taking up these New Year’s resolutions. By Sam Tremlett

December 12, 2017

Golf To Scrap Viewer Call-Ins On Rules Infringements

Golf's governing bodies have responded to the Lexi Thompson debacle in April

December 11, 2017

Shubhankar Sharma wins Joburg Open

Shubhankar Sharma of India held his nerve to win the weather-delayed Joburg Open at the Randpark Golf Club by three shots from South Africa’s Erik Van Rooyen.

December 11, 2017