Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: End Of Season Course Awards

=Jacko_G;1756985]Southerness is an underated track on the grand scale of things. Very good test, great greens and very very tough in any sort of wind. I always enjoy visiting.i played in a better ball medal comp there and 2 over won it which is unheard of at most places me an partner were 5 over and felt like we'd played solid just shows how tough it is in club house loads of tales of joint 8s or higher will be entering again next year.

Tour Rookie

1. Best Course you have played - Royal Birkdale

2. Best greens you have played - Royal Birkdale

3. Hardest Course - 2010

4 Best Value - Machynnys for £20 twighlight you cant go wrong

5. Notable Mentions
    I am quite fond of Cradoc in Brecon, excellent course, decent test of golf and great food
    Some clubs and lots of balls and lots of tee's

I haven't played very many new course this year (and missed some I often play) but here goes

1. Best Course you have played

Muirfield. Very enjoyable, especially now that they accept female members!
    Someone else mentioned brutal rough, I though it was not too bad.

2. Best greens you have played.

Either Muirfield, Dunbar GC or Kilspindie GC in their Open in September.

3. Hardest Course

Southerness. Superb test. A total brute on a windy day. Miss the fairway and it's either horse or heather! Harder than Muirfield or Carnoustie!

4 Best Value

Downfield. £25 reciprocal offer. Excellent course throughout.

5. Notable Mentions.

Blairgowrie - Rosemount. Such a lovely course, setting and wildlife.

Head Pro

Quote Originally Posted by FairwayDodger View Post
    1. Best Course you have played - Sunningdale New, no Old, no.... one of those two

2. Best greens you have played - Crewe last Saturday, just couldn't believe how good and true they were given time of year and recent weather

3. Hardest Course - Royal Aberdeen, tough as old boots and in minging weather was a real challenge.

4 Best Value - Probably Royal Aberdeen, got a few rounds there for a modest competition entry fee

5. Notable Mentions - Really enjoyed the old course at St Pierre, great condition for the time of year and some interesting and challenging holes.
    Nice to see the hard work the greens staff have put in on the greens is paying off at Crewe. Such a shame they have neglected other areas all year.

1. Best course: Royal St Davids I cannot get enough of the place no matter now much it beats me up.

2. Best greens: Royal St Davids again, I played it in July and they were perfect.

3. Hardest course: Hoylake in a 35-40mph wind was pretty brutal.

4. Best value: Haydock was superb value with a nice test on small greens, I just pitched up on an afternoon after a conference and was welcomed straight on.

5. Notable Mentions: Vale of Llangollen great views, superb condition, and a nice test of golf.
    Crewe GC. Hcp 7.3

Q-School Graduate

Not played many new courses this year so it's a fairly boring and predictable lot from me

Best Course. Playing Dundonald in the presence of the grandstands was pretty special.

Best greens. Again without doubt Dundonald have been magic.

Hardest Course. Royal Troon back 9 once again destroyed me.

Best value. £22.50 for Kilmarnock Barassie in May.

Millport, Dunaverty, Carradale,
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf

1. Best Course you have played: Old Prestwick

2. Best greens you have played: Home course, Gaile Links, fabulous this year

3. Hardest Course: Bogside

4 Best Value: Ayrshire Winter Golf Association membership, where I get to play Dundonald, West Kilbride, Western Gailes, Troon Portland, Old Prestwick, Gailes Links and Barassie for a very modest fee.

5. Notable Mentions: Archerfield, Scottscraig and Glenbervie for first games there
    Where I play
    https://www.gaileslinks.co.uk/

2015 Handicap 17.9 - 16.0
    2016 Handicap 16.1 - 18.0

WITB

Taylormade Rocketballz stage 2 driver.
    3 - pw Titleist 714 - AP 1s
    48,52,58 Vokeys.
    Daddy Long Legs putter.

Head Pro

[QUOTE=Liverpoolphil;1755893]So the same as what LQ did last year ( UK only )

1. Best Course you have played - Will always be my home course - Brancepeth Castle - love the design and layout

2. Best greens you have played - Bamburgh - very good for the time of year (sept) - not fast but rolled beautifully and true!
    Linden hall last week was very good greens considering the course was a bit damp!

3. Hardest Course - and worse the Cathedral course at Ramside - had some stupid holes I know that!

4 Best Value -
    Taylormade golf experience in Vegas - $80 includes rentals and unlimited golf all day - includes unlimited range balls, unlimited rounds on the 9 hole course and the bar did 5 beers for $20!

5. Notable Mentions -
    9 Hole course in Portugal called Pine Cliffs, has some beautiful holes
    2017 Handicap monthly progress - Apr 8.9 May 9.5 June 7.3 July 7.0 Aug 6.1 Sept 6.7

Quote Originally Posted by lukeysafc100;1757217

[B
    3. Hardest Course -[/B] and worse the Cathedral course at Ramside - had some stupid holes I know that!
    I'm still waiting to hear a good word about that course. I played it when it first opened and I agree with your comments. Shame it is no better.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

Tour Winner

[QUOTE=lukeysafc100;1757217]
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    So the same as what LQ did last year ( UK only )

4 Best Value -
    Taylormade golf experience in Vegas - $80 includes rentals and unlimited golf all day - includes unlimited range balls, unlimited rounds on the 9 hole course and the bar did 5 beers for $20!
    we did the night golf there in February, and it was a great laugh.
    In Bag: Taylormade M1 Fujikura Speeder 757 XFlex ------ORKA PS40 3wood - 80S Proto-By-You ----------ORKA RS1 & RS 3 Combo---------------ORKA RS18 52,56,60 Wedges ---------ORKA Limited Edition - Green Bay Packers Putter----------------Handicap 2.2