Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

End Of Season Course Awards

So the same as what LQ did last year ( UK only )

1. Best Course you have played

2. Best greens you have played

3. Hardest Course

4 Best Value

5. Notable Mentions

For me

1. Best Course is Sunningdale Old - just stunning in every way , golfing heaven

2. Best Greens - Hankley Common - just rolled true and perfect

3. Hardest Course - Royal St George’s - still beats me up

4. Best Value - West Hill on a spring rate of £45 was just superb

5. Notable Mentions - Sunningdale New - lovely Course , Royal West Norfolk - everyone must play it at least once and when the tide is in , Hollinwell - cracking course
    "It's called golf because all the other four letter words were already taken"

Journeyman Pro

Re: End Of Season Course Awards

1. Best Course you have played - Sunningdale Old

2. Best greens you have played - Hadley Wood

3. Hardest Course - Sunningdale Old...purely as I struck it like a dog that day!

4. Best Value - Sunningdale. To play both courses, with food before, in the middle and after etc etc. Bargain.

5. Notable Mentions - The Warwickshire Earls & Kings. Hankley Common - Excellent...just didn't fit into the above!

Not really played many different UK courses this year so far, so not a lot to report on!
    Wabey
    Taylormade M2 Driver | Ping G 3 Wood | Ping G 5 Wood | Mizuno JPX-900 Forged | Mizuno T7 Wedges | Edel E-3 Putter
    Thetford Golf Club, Norfolk
    @MattWabe

My season doesn't end till November as I am at Royal County Down and Royal Portrush in a few weeks time
    10 hcp and rising.

1. Best Course you have played: Muirfield - even in the terrible weather on the day

2. Best greens you have played; Gleneagles Kings course - lightening quick but true

3. Hardest Course: Muirfield - killer rough

4 Best Value: Hard to say as I've rarely paid full whack this year. A course that greatly exceeded my initially modest expectations was Bathgate, good routing, interesting elevations changes, decent greens modest pricing.

5. Notable Mentions : Comrie - 9 hole Perthshire gem & Elie - old school delight
    North Berwick Golf Club - Handicap 10.6

Tour Winner

1. Best Course you have played - Sunningdale Old

2. Best greens you have played - Blackmoors in June were very very good. Burnham and Berrows greens are exceptional all year round too.

3. Hardest Course - Saunton East or West. pick either. both beat me up every single year.

4 Best Value - Swinley Forest. 36 holes for £165 with 3 meals. absolute steal

5. Notable Mentions - Both Berkshires were brilliant, Burnham continues to improve. Ive played so many of the top courses this year its been brilliant.
    In Bag: Taylormade M1 Fujikura Speeder 757 XFlex ------ORKA PS40 3wood - 80S Proto-By-You ----------ORKA RS1 & RS 3 Combo---------------ORKA RS18 52,56,60 Wedges ---------ORKA Limited Edition - Green Bay Packers Putter----------------Handicap 2.2

Okay, based on the rather limited experience of my one week holiday in Manchester:

1. Best Course you have played
    Warrington, just a stunningly beautiful golf course and in pristine condition, even at this time of the year. Very enjoyable.

2. Best greens you have played
    hard to say, since I have been in the UK in September, so a lot of courses had work done on their greens, Davyhulme Park probably, but might be different during the rest of the year

3. Hardest Course
    Ellesmere ... so many slopes and some really tricky holes. It was also quite wet when I played it, which did not help.

4 Best Value
    Boysnope ... nothing special, just an honest to god golf course, but in good condition and when you can play 18 holes for 13 quid on a Sunday as a visitor, that's pretty decent.

5. Notable Mentions
    Frodsham was a very beautiful course as well. I really struggled with the wet and clingy rough, though.
    In the bag: Cobra FlyZ driver, Cobra Baffler XL 3 & 7 wood, Bridgestone GC 22 ° Hybrid, Cleveland Halo 4 Hybrid, MacGregor V-Foil M455 irons 5 - SW, Cleveland Black 60°, Odyssey White Hot putter

1. Best Course - Sunningdale Old - fully net high expectations, Quinta do Lago South , never tire of it, Old Course St Andrews, the history just makes me grin!

2. Best Greens - Laranjal last week were great

3. Hardest Course - Burnham & Berrow, on a windy day., always gets me!

4. Best Value - Royal Porthcawl in their winter open / Preston - Pro took our Welsh County Cards and charged £22.50 - stonkingly good for that!

5. Notable Mentions - Palmares - great views and variety of holes, Elie in Fife - quirky and old school, lots of fun
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

1. Best course - Hankley Common

2. Best greens - Kibworth (in th Spring and early Summer they were excellent, a credit to our ground staff)

3. Hardest course - Ullesthorpe, just can't put a round together there.

4. Best value - Old Farts meet at Forest Pines

5. Notable mentions - Scraptoft, local parkland course which was in great nick when I played it.

Far less glamorous than most of the replies but here we go:

1. Best Course you have played - Whitley Bay

2. Best greens you have played - Close House, Filly Course

3. Hardest Course - Cleveland (Redcar)

4 Best Value - Whitley Bay, AG voucher, £18

5. Notable Mentions - South Shields was an interesting course to play with the greens in excellent condition
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

1. Best Course you have played - Sunningdale New

2. Best greens you have played - Ferndown

3. Hardest Course - The European

4 Best Value - Swinley Forest, signed in by a friend.

5. Notable Mentions - I've had a good year this year. Hankley, Broadstone, Parkstone, Portmarnock
    We don't stop playing because we grow old.....We grow old because we stop playing.